Violet & Jeff Part #1

8 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

So, I'm sitting here in a Panera Bread in West LA. The traffic is horrible and I need to drive to San Diego which is 3 hours aways. What could I be doing that would a better use of my resources? I've already worked all day and my brain is fried from that. I don't want to do anything difficult or challenging. I don't care about the news and I'm not into Facebook or social media. This is interesting and entertaining. So, o ask again what should I be doing?

Listen to music. I am used to traffic here in India. My workplace is 25 Km away from my home and it takes me 1.3 hrs to reach there. Traffic, Signals and all.So it's 2.6 or 3 hours a day spent in car driving or stuck in traffic. Have no choice but to put on music and relax.

8 minutes ago, doctor_housky said:

That is why I left LA for a small town in PA. Hated the traffic to the point I could not take it anymore. 23 years of sitting in traffic in LA is like Hell on Earth. Back in the 90's, it took me from SD to LA 5 and a half f-ing hours !!!!!!

Right now the map says there is a 1.5 hour delay for my 3 hour trip to SD. It sucks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nack said:

Listen to music. I am used to traffic here in India. My workplace is 25 Km away from my home and it takes me 1.3 hrs to reach there. Traffic, Signals and all.So it's 2.6 or 3 hours a day spent in car driving or stuck in traffic. Have no choice but to put on music and relax.

You can only listen to so much music. You can only listen to so much talk radio. It gets to you after a while. I had 26 miles from my home in La Mirada, CA to my work in Beverly Hills. No matter what time I was leaving the house and no matter what time I was getting back home, one hour and a half to two hours, each way. Screw that! :D

2 minutes ago, nack said:

I love music, but breathing pollution for 5 hours I can't do. 

• Like 1

Another thing is that I travel alone a lot. I've been by myself since Monday. Here I can talk to like minded people. I seriously doubt the lady and her kid sitting next to me want to talk about sex. I'm a quiet person and I generally keep to myself. I don't like bars or clubs cause they are too loud. I'm faithful to my girl so I'm not out looking for a piece of ass. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doctor_housky said:

And that is that. And at this hour, which is NOT rush hour anymore. Amy, is that yellow cloud above downtown still there? ::)

Of course. But not as bad as before. A light Santa Ana is coming in this weekend so it will be back. Nice Dusty haze for everyone to enjoy. 😷

• Like 1