B4 Girls on Vacation - General Topic 2019 August #1

34 minutes ago, Theblacknight04 said:

In fact the calls should have been made before, many times the tenants were offended, and nobody said anything and just this morning I raised everyone's tone with a member to say to moderate the terms? We must always be consistent with everyone

CC Mods are all unpaid, part-time. We rely heavily on user-reports. There are thousands of posts, members and topics.

I'd rather assholes be allowed to post so I'll know who to ignore. However, nobody here knows that they can automatically IGNORE a member and never have to see their comments. This can be done by simply editing the setting under your Account settings. This would save a lot of grief. I would do it myself if I weren't a Moderator. I'm stuck reading and deleting comments on a constantly miserable basis.

When I joined CamCaps, there was one Mod (Woof) and he had one rule: Don't piss off the Mod. It was the Wild West here, and a lot more fun until children who had never had experience with Usenet or adult forums showed up. Now we need to have Rules, and we try to enforce them if they are definite violations.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

When I joined CamCaps, there was one Mod (Woof) and he had one rule: Don't piss off the Mod. It was the Wild West here, and a lot more fun until children who had never had experience with Usenet or adult forums showed up. Now we need to have Rules, and we try to enforce them if they are definite violations.

This is an explanation you've mentioned many times before, wich I kind of disagree with. I don't think this has anything to do with youth, maybe even quite the conterary. Stupidity, and trolling, excist in all ages. Just look around on here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ed2 said:

This is an explanation you've mentioned many times, wich I kind of disagree with. I don't think this has anything youth, maybe even quite the conterary. Stupidity, and trolling, excist in all ages. Just look around on here.

He doesn't mean children in terms of physical age. He's talking about mental maturity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Hell, Foamy, all these women are beloved goddesses to someone in CC--so you are going to be busy :biggrin:

That said, blatantly and passive aggressively defending a "beloved Godess" can also be said to be trolling though, in an equally way. Like often were the case with eg. Leora, Belle or Kamilla.

1 hour ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Incidentally, purposely Trolling a thread just to piss people off by attacking their beloved goddesses is fairly easy to detect -- and I ban people immediately when I see that.

Some of them are getting good at that though. The subtle argument made but basically every post asks for certain girls to go home. The latter thought comes first and then they try to work out how they can ask it differently.

The ignore system could work better. I often see the posts of people I ignore before they have a chance to disappear and of course people reference these people in posts, but I'm not sure what you can do about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ed2 said:

That said, blatantly and passive aggressively defending a "beloved Godess" can also be said to be trolling though, in an equally way. Like often were the case with eg. Leora, Belle or Kamilla.

I disagree--I think that the term trolling in here is being mis-used

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either you truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help. 
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ed2 said:

A not so veiled attack on me ed. i think anyone can see through that one, even using a phrase you learned from someone else. I wonder whose side you are one. 

1 minute ago, BBsq69 said:

A not so veiled attack on me ed. i think anyone can see through that one, even using a phrase you learned from someone else. I wonder whose side you are one. 

I'm on neither's side. Yes, you did it on Belle, Ridgerunner did it on Kamilla, others on Leora, etc. Baiting people to confront you, and attacking everyone for not liking your girls. I'm opposed to this fanatism from both directions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

I like your way of contribution to this Forum, but for this one you could simply admit that you're a bit overprotective of Belle. For example, you tried to protect her form a statment that i made, that was not in any way ment negative about her as a person. I still like her and Nate beeing in the project. 

I think a forum should be like the real world. There are positive and negative opinions. Neither side should be able to forbid the other to express themselves. Important are the rules of decency, but these should not be used to suppress negative or positiv statements. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1