Jump to content
StnCld316

Move to Canada

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

How come there's no snow on the house roofs? Are they heated or something to make it not stick?

Normally if no snow is on roofs it usually shows the roofs aren't insulated properly but no doubt there is another reason someone will point out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Normally if no snow is on roofs it usually shows the roofs aren't insulated properly but no doubt there is another reason someone will point out.

Ah OK, that makes sense but I would have thought that Canadians know all about insulation and stuff like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Ah OK, that makes sense but I would have thought that Canadians know all about insulation and stuff like that.

Would have thought the same to be honest but ??????

Maybe StnCld can advise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too cold! No thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maturin said:

Ah OK, that makes sense but I would have thought that Canadians know all about insulation and stuff like that.

Any homes and buildings that were built prior to 1987 were poorly insulated. It was after 1987 that the Building Codes changed requiring insulation materials to made of something other than Asbestos and Fibreglass materials. As far as snow on the rooftops go every house or building gets snow on their roofs.  The roofing materials used today are made so that any sunlight shining on them warms up the shingles enough where the snow slides off them.  If you live in a house that doesn't have a specified shingle snow much snow will accumulate and be so heavy that parts of the rooftops would buckle and collapse if the snow was too heavy. That's why some have roof rakes or snow-peelers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StnCld316 said:

Any homes and buildings that were built prior to 1987 were poorly insulated. It was after 1987 that the Building Codes changed requiring insulation materials to made of something other than Asbestos and Fibreglass materials. As far as snow on the rooftops go every house or building gets snow on their roofs.  The roofing materials used today are made so that any sunlight shining on them warms up the shingles enough where the snow slides off them.  If you live in a house that doesn't have a specified shingle snow much snow will accumulate and be so heavy that parts of the rooftops would buckle and collapse if the snow was too heavy. That's why some have roof rakes or snow-peelers.

Aha, got it, thanks. We've not had snow here yet but usually get about a meter or so on the roof. I'll look into getting one of the peelers if it gets bad this year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, StnCld316 said:

Move to Canada.  You'll love it.

Canada is a beautiful, fun country. But, fuck the Snow! Did you get buried in it? I used to live in the Tri-State area for over twenty years. I hated shoveling Snow. I moved to Florida. Best decision I've ever made and the Best place to live in the world. If you don't think so, check out the video below. Florida is full of visitors. Like, Bugs everywhere. Swimmer's are getting devoured by Sharks off "New Smyrna Beach." Alligators are setting up Shops in all the Lakes. Love Bugs are carrying little school kids off into the sunset, only to get splattered on a Cars windshield. Bad for the driver, no "AAA." Even if you have a full head of hair, your scalp is at risk for sunburn. A lot of "Uncle Fester" men are everywhere. So, come on down. 01.gif.67a23bdebbbc51c606dc6c624588634b.gif

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

Canada is a beautiful, fun country. But, fuck the Snow! Did you get buried in it? I used to live in the Tri-State area for over twenty years. I hated shoveling Snow. I moved to Florida. Best decision I've ever made and the Best place to live in the world. If you don't think so, check out the video below. Florida is full of visitors. Like, Bugs everywhere. Swimmer's are getting devoured by Sharks off "New Smyrna Beach." Alligators are setting up Shops in all the Lakes. Love Bugs are carrying little school kids off into the sunset, only to get splattered on a Cars windshield. Bad for the driver, no "AAA." Even if you have a full head of hair, your scalp is at risk for sunburn. A lot of "Uncle Fester" men are everywhere. So, come on down. 01.gif.67a23bdebbbc51c606dc6c624588634b.gif

 

 

We have had very little snow so far in our neck of the woods.  Quite a few days of extreme bitter weather and the odd flurries of a an inch or two but it melts quick after it mild's up. In January we had 1 snowfall of 5 or 6 inches but after that the temperatures warmed up so the snow was gone in 2 or 3 days.  Nothing for the last 2 weeks.  It's supposed to be up to 45F coming next week for a couple of days.  I am enjoying it.  When you have to ride around on a Mobility Scooter it's not the warmest on Cold days.  I get more Mileage on Warmer Days than I do on Cold Days.

We don't get the Hurricane stuff much Hurricane stuff where I live. We get the rain and wind.  Ones that live closer to Lakes & Oceans get it all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that idiot bought some wiper blades by now. His were coming apart. Here you need to change them every 6 months. I mean, they're only $6.59 each at WalMart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

I hope that idiot bought some wiper blades by now. His were coming apart. Here you need to change them every 6 months. I mean, they're only $6.59 each at WalMart.

LOL no wonder you have to change them every 6 months 😬

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

LOL no wonder you have to change them every 6 months 😬

Nah. Just like where you are, the sun fries them to the glass. Those $7 blades are the Michelin brand and they hold up pretty good. 

You sit outside on the hood of your car for 6 months. Make sure you get a before and after picture. 😲

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...