Move to Canada

StnCld316

On 1/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, happyone said:

At least you wouldn't notice the global warming :dodgy:

You won't notice it much in Canada but our Illustrious PM is willing to toss Billions of Taxpayer Dollars away to try and save the World into something that can't be controlled.  People will see someday that Climate Change/Global Warming is nothing but a Ponzi Scheme.  Someone is getting Rich from the Taxpayers and it's certainly not Me.  So all the David Suzuki's, Al Gore's and Gretta Thunberg's can take their Brainwashing Scheme and shove it straight up their Asses.

They're going to play with Mother Nature and they'll get burned.    This Earth we live on has been through Climatic Events and Ice Ages a few times over and it will happen again no matter what. The only answer to be solved is when it will happen.

2 hours ago, Maturin said:

How come there's no snow on the house roofs? Are they heated or something to make it not stick?

Normally if no snow is on roofs it usually shows the roofs aren't insulated properly but no doubt there is another reason someone will point out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Normally if no snow is on roofs it usually shows the roofs aren't insulated properly but no doubt there is another reason someone will point out.

Ah OK, that makes sense but I would have thought that Canadians know all about insulation and stuff like that.

1 hour ago, Maturin said:

Ah OK, that makes sense but I would have thought that Canadians know all about insulation and stuff like that.

Any homes and buildings that were built prior to 1987 were poorly insulated. It was after 1987 that the Building Codes changed requiring insulation materials to made of something other than Asbestos and Fibreglass materials. As far as snow on the rooftops go every house or building gets snow on their roofs.  The roofing materials used today are made so that any sunlight shining on them warms up the shingles enough where the snow slides off them.  If you live in a house that doesn't have a specified shingle snow much snow will accumulate and be so heavy that parts of the rooftops would buckle and collapse if the snow was too heavy. That's why some have roof rakes or snow-peelers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StnCld316 said:

Any homes and buildings that were built prior to 1987 were poorly insulated. It was after 1987 that the Building Codes changed requiring insulation materials to made of something other than Asbestos and Fibreglass materials. As far as snow on the rooftops go every house or building gets snow on their roofs.  The roofing materials used today are made so that any sunlight shining on them warms up the shingles enough where the snow slides off them.  If you live in a house that doesn't have a specified shingle snow much snow will accumulate and be so heavy that parts of the rooftops would buckle and collapse if the snow was too heavy. That's why some have roof rakes or snow-peelers.

Aha, got it, thanks. We've not had snow here yet but usually get about a meter or so on the roof. I'll look into getting one of the peelers if it gets bad this year.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2020 at 7:43 PM, StnCld316 said:

Move to Canada.  You'll love it.

Canada is a beautiful, fun country. But, fuck the Snow! Did you get buried in it? I used to live in the Tri-State area for over twenty years. I hated shoveling Snow. I moved to Florida. Best decision I've ever made and the Best place to live in the world. If you don't think so, check out the video below. Florida is full of visitors. Like, Bugs everywhere. Swimmer's are getting devoured by Sharks off "New Smyrna Beach." Alligators are setting up Shops in all the Lakes. Love Bugs are carrying little school kids off into the sunset, only to get splattered on a Cars windshield. Bad for the driver, no "AAA." Even if you have a full head of hair, your scalp is at risk for sunburn. A lot of "Uncle Fester" men are everywhere. So, come on down. 01.gif.67a23bdebbbc51c606dc6c624588634b.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ipiratemedia said:

Canada is a beautiful, fun country. But, fuck the Snow! Did you get buried in it? I used to live in the Tri-State area for over twenty years. I hated shoveling Snow. I moved to Florida. Best decision I've ever made and the Best place to live in the world. If you don't think so, check out the video below. Florida is full of visitors. Like, Bugs everywhere. Swimmer's are getting devoured by Sharks off "New Smyrna Beach." Alligators are setting up Shops in all the Lakes. Love Bugs are carrying little school kids off into the sunset, only to get splattered on a Cars windshield. Bad for the driver, no "AAA." Even if you have a full head of hair, your scalp is at risk for sunburn. A lot of "Uncle Fester" men are everywhere. So, come on down. 01.gif.67a23bdebbbc51c606dc6c624588634b.gif

We have had very little snow so far in our neck of the woods.  Quite a few days of extreme bitter weather and the odd flurries of a an inch or two but it melts quick after it mild's up. In January we had 1 snowfall of 5 or 6 inches but after that the temperatures warmed up so the snow was gone in 2 or 3 days.  Nothing for the last 2 weeks.  It's supposed to be up to 45F coming next week for a couple of days.  I am enjoying it.  When you have to ride around on a Mobility Scooter it's not the warmest on Cold days.  I get more Mileage on Warmer Days than I do on Cold Days.

We don't get the Hurricane stuff much Hurricane stuff where I live. We get the rain and wind.  Ones that live closer to Lakes & Oceans get it all.

• Like 2