Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

2 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

What makes it worse is that he was one of the architects for the lockdown campaign and is credited with the slogan "Stay at home, Protect the NHS, Save lives"!

Hypocrisy at its best!

Such an uproar over one guy and yet no one says buggerall about all the idiots crowding on the beaches and parks thus endangering 1000's of people. good eh.

•  
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

Such an uproar over one guy and yet no one says buggerall about all the idiots crowding on the beaches and parks thus endangering 1000's of people. good eh.

I just did--above this post 😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

•  

They are all in the wrong, but the people crowding beaches and parks are just idiots, not a supercilious elitist who thinks the rules and guidance he helped to formulate don't apply to himself!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

In my opinion, five years from now we will all be saying that Sweden was the only country that got it right.

Brazil wanted to do like Sweden and see what happens now
Not every country was hit by the pandemic in the same way, so I don't think we can compare
I read a study on the United States saying that mortality could have been halved if confinement had taken a week earlier

I think it's the same for all the countries that have been hit hard by this virus

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

They are all in the wrong, but the people crowding beaches and parks are just idiots, not a supercilious elitist who thinks the rules and guidance he helped to formulate don't apply to himself!

It might surprise you but i agree with you but it just makes me laugh how the media go absolutely mad with these story's and none of them really know the truth but just go at it like a dog with a bone. 🦴

1 minute ago, moos54 said:

Brazil wanted to do like Sweden and see what happens now
Not every country was hit by the pandemic in the same way, so I don't think we can compare
I read a study on the United States saying that mortality could have been halved if confinement had taken a week earlier

I think it's the same for all the countries that have been hit hard by this virus

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who knows eh?

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

As they say hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who knows eh?

Let's just hope that we can learn from our mistakes and that we will all be ready next, because even if there is no second wave, there will surely be a pandemic again in several years

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjkopite said:

Well, if the media didn't make a fuss about it, it would just be ignored because BoJo is scared of losing him!

You may well be right pal, who knows?