Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

You guys are comparing apples and oranges. Moos and Starlight are
referring to large, randomized, controlled, clinical trials. In other words,
scientific research and statistical evidence, while Ridgerunner is
talking about anecdotal data.

The difference is like night and day. Anecdotal data is unreliable at
determining factual claims. That's a big reason why they initiate
large, randomized, controlled, clinical trials. Anecdotal data is based
on hearsay, not hard evidence.

Examples of anecdotal data would be, I know a guy who...or, on my
way home I saw...or, I heard that HCQ is good for...

Or, when a doctor has 20 patients, all with identical symptoms and
diagnosed with the same illness. So, the doctor treats them all with
the same medication. Let's say 14 of his patients got better, so the
doctor concludes that the medication works, when in fact he doesn't
know anything more, for sure, than before he prescribed the medication.
It might have been the medicine that made them better or it could have
been any one of, or a combination of, a 1000 different variables.

That's why there are these large, randomized, controlled, clinical trials,
to provide the actual, factual data to prove what works and what does
not. Plus, everyone knows the FDA is never going to approve the use of
a drug in this country based on anecdotal data or what some other
country claims works, whether it's based on anecdotal or statistical
evidence.

Ridgerunner, I know you desperately need CQ or HCQ to be effective
at treating COVID-19 and I think everyone here knows why that is. You
don't want your lord and master to lose face, yet AGAIN. However, the
truth is you will never be able to prove your case using anecdotal data.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

My eyes are open. Yours and many others have been closed by the so called experts. The WHO has become more of a political organization than a healthcare organization. I've heard the results of numerous successful treatments with hydroxychloroquine from both doctors and patients. There are double blind studies being conducted in the U.S. right now. Let's see what happens from those studies. I just hope the studies are conducted in a fair and unbiased manner.  Trump has nothing to do with my opinion. My opinion is based upon the first hand accounts of doctors and patients. 

image.jpeg.abcb5a32b0d04cad1300adb7bdc11fb3.jpeg...Ok...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Let's see what happens from those studies. I just hope the studies are conducted in a fair and unbiased manner.

But, if they don't produce the results that you want them to produce, they
will end up being unfair, biased studies by some so-called experts.

11 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Trump has nothing to do with my opinion.

I think everyone here already knows that to be completely and utterly
untrue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

But, if they don't produce the results that you want them to produce, they
will end up being unfair, biased studies by some so-called experts.

I think everyone here already knows that to be completely and utterly
untrue.

In the "Declaration of Interests" section of the Lancet study did you notice who paid for the study?  All the major drug companies. Could it be because hydroxychloroquine is an inexpensive drug with a patent that expired long ago?A new drug to cure covid-19 presents a potential financial bonanza for the pharmaceutical companies. Could that be why they mounted such an attack on hydroxychloroquine?  There are no big profits to be made from hydroxychloroquine. 

4 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

My eyes are open. Yours and many others have been closed by the so called experts. The WHO has become more of a political organization than a healthcare organization. I've heard the results of numerous successful treatments with hydroxychloroquine from both doctors and patients. There are double blind studies being conducted in the U.S. right now. Let's see what happens from those studies. I just hope the studies are conducted in a fair and unbiased manner.  Trump has nothing to do with my opinion. My opinion is based upon the first hand accounts of doctors and patients. 

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

In the "Declaration of Interests" section of the Lancet study did you notice who paid for the study?  All the major drug companies. Could it be because hydroxychloroquine is an inexpensive drug with a patent that expired long ago?A new drug to cure covid-19 presents a potential financial bonanza for the pharmaceutical companies. Could that be why they mounted such an attack on hydroxychloroquine?  There are no big profits to be made from hydroxychloroquine. 

I was talking about the current, ongoing, double-blind studies that you
mentioned in your post. Those were the ones you hoped would be fair
and unbiased.

Why is Dominic Cummings still in post?

Obviously one law for those and such as those and another for the ordinary man and woman in the street.

People are losing loved ones and can't even say goodbye,others can't even attend funerals,etc,etc. And this man goes for a 250 Mile jolly and thinks it's ok!

What part of stay at home does this clown not understand!!

Growl,Growl!!!!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I was talking about the current, ongoing, double-blind studies that you
mentioned in your post. Those were the ones you hoped would be fair
and unbiased.

And I was talking about the Lancet study. So? What's the problem? I'm only allowed to talk about what you want to talk about?  

5 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Obviously one law for those and such as those and another for the ordinary man and woman in the street.

People are losing loved ones and can't even say goodbye,others can't even attend funerals,etc,etc. And this man goes for a 250 Mile jolly and thinks it's ok!

Growl,Growl!!!!!!!

Now now pal getting political doesn't suit you 🤣 You should be more worried about all the idiots crowding on the beaches and parks.

• Haha 1

Medikamente können Menschen heilen ? Ein Traum von Narren.  Medikamente können nur die Selbstheilungskräfte von Menschen positiv aktivieren - und nicht mehr !!

Der eine Mensch reagiert auf eine Droge positiv, der andere negativ oder seine Situation verschlechtert sich sogar.

Welches Medikament hat Nutzen und schädigt den Patienten als "Nebenwirkung" nicht zusätzlich ?? 

Ich habe hunderte von Menschen auf Intensivstationen sterben sehen - Top-befreundete Chefärzte hatten keine Chance diese Menschen zu retten.

Diese Menschen-Organismen konnten die Hilfe von Menschen nicht mehr annehmen - und sie sind gestorben und konnten medizinische Hilfe von Top-Ärzten nicht mehr annehmen.  🤕

Ein Universal-Medikament im Kapitalismus-Prinzip ist Fehl-Glaube von Deppen !!

In einem muß ich Ridge Recht geben. Der Kampf gilt der perfiden widerlichen kapitalistisch-orientierten unmenschlichen Medikamenten-Industrie.

Vor Jahren war ein Blutdrucksenkendes Mittel für € 50 pro Einheit auf dem Markt. Ärzte verschrieben die Pillen erfolgreich auch bei "Krebspatienten". Folge, das Medikament wurde vom Markt genommen und identisch unter neuem Namen zur Indikation für Krebspatienten für € 2.000 pro Einheit verkauft. Ich hasse diese dreckigen kapitalistischen Schweine !!

Und Ridge mag dieses asozieale Verbrecher-Gesindel ? Ich glaube das nicht.

So dumm kann doch kein lebender Mensch sein, oder doch ?

6 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Growl,Growl!!!!!!!

What makes it worse is that he was one of the architects for the lockdown campaign and is credited with the slogan "Stay at home, Protect the NHS, Save lives"!

Hypocrisy at its best!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Now now pal getting political doesn't suit you 🤣 You should be more worried about all the idiots crowding on the beaches and parks.

2 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

What makes it worse is that he was one of the architects for the lockdown campaign and is credited with the slogan "Stay at home, Protect the NHS, Save lives"!

Hypocrisy at its best!

As for me---I am just waiting for that apacolyptic 2nd wave and resurgence being predicted that is bound to doom us all 😏

• Haha 2