Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Nancy Pelosi is complaining that it is not safe for President Trump to take hydroxychloroquine to protect him from being infected with covid-19. I wonder how safe it is for Nancy to continually have Botox shot into her ancient face? :sad:

Given the amount of lies Trump has told since his presidency began I would say by his statement he's just telling another lie.  It will get the media hyped up so he'll have something to preach to his minions about.  Fake News that he created but we all know Trump will blame others but himself. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I would think if he ever told the truth his tongue would snap off.

They keep an excellent plastic surgeon on call in the white house--he works almost daily 😏

El Periódico de México | Noticias de México | Exclusivas-Editorial ...

• Haha 3

I see Mr Johnson has decided to waive the £650 surcharge for overseas workers in the NHS and the Care sector despite stating adamantly yesterday in PMQ's that "the charge is fair and will remain" in answer to a question from the leader of the opposition about did he think it was fair that these people fighting and dying to provide medical treatment and care on the front line should have to pay a surcharge if they survived! Apparently a lot of his own MP's contacted it to say he was wrong and it would reflect badly on him! U-turn!! Thank god common sense prevailed!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jjkopite said:

I see Mr Johnson has decided to waive the £650 surcharge for overseas workers in the NHS and the Care sector despite stating adamantly yesterday in PMQ's that "the charge is fair and will remain" in answer to a question from the leader of the opposition about did he think it was fair that these people fighting and dying to provide medical treatment and care on the front line should have to pay a surcharge if they survived! Apparently a lot of his own MP's contacted it to say he was wrong and it would reflect badly on him! U-turn!! Thank god common sense prevailed!

So the government changed its mind after many protests, at least they listened to others and reversed the original decision. No doubt many will find fault with that now and try and score political points.

• Like 1

Well after being so adamant the charge was "fair" to completely reverse his position within 24 hours of being taken to task by the opposition leader doesn't show much conviction in his original stance, after all it was his bill in parliament that introduced this charge!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

Well after being so adamant the charge was "fair" to completely reverse his position within 24 hours of being taken to task by the opposition leader doesn't show much conviction in his original stance, after all it was his bill in parliament that introduced this charge!

No it just shows a reasonable government listening to others and changing its stance on this particular policy. As I previously said those who found fault with the original decision will now find fault that they changed their minds lol. They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't eh. Still It makes some happy being able to criticise all the time whatever happens. 

• Like 2