image.gif.70d7c3e28b2b6df8fb3678950ea5ad7f.gif

This is just too funny for words!!! Mr. Tweeter, himself, got a
fact-check warning from Twitter for his tweets. Claiming that
Twitter is stifling free speech by warning him about his
unsubstantiated tweets, he blustered, "...I, as President, will
not allow it to happen!"
What a pompous ass.

image.gif.970526d8b7208f10b1f8497ac8f5f290.gif

Trump says Twitter is "stifling free speech" after it labels his tweets with fact-check warning

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

APNEWS.COM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Threatening to shut down Twitter for flagging false content. Claiming he can “override" governors who dare to keep churches...
Citation

While Congress could pass legislation further regulating social media platforms, Trump “has no such authority,” said former federal judge Michael McConnell, who now directs Stanford Law School’s Constitutional Law Center. “He is just venting.”

“There is absolutely no First Amendment issue with Twitter adding a label to the president’s tweets,” added Jameel Jaffer, executive director at the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, who won the case that prevents Trump from banning his critics from his Twitter feed. “The only First Amendment issue here arises from the president’s threat to punish Twitter in some way for fact-checking his statements.”

But Jack Balkin, a Yale University law professor and First Amendment expert, said that’s not Trump’s point.

“This is an attempt by the president to, as we used to say in basketball, work the refs,” he said. “He’s threatening and cajoling with the idea that these folks in their corporate board rooms will think twice about what they’re doing, so they won’t touch him.”

For Rutgers University media professor John Pavlik, who studies online misinformation, Trump is simply trying to fire up his political base.

“For Trump,” he said, “this is about politics.”

I think it is sad the President of the United States is crying like a baby on SOCIAL MEDIA, after playing golf a few days ago while the rest of the country continue to struggle with COVID-19.

He is a covidiot, a bully, a troll, a myopic and an annoying ignorant who will do anything to push his own agendas and please his base.

The worst Americans can do is to re-elect him but I fear this might be reality cos there are indeed many Americans who are either misled by him or think like him.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, SierraTM said:

I think it is sad the President of the United States is crying like a baby on SOCIAL MEDIA, after playing golf a few days ago while the rest of the country continue to struggle with COVID-19.

He is a covidiot, a bully, a troll, a myopic and an annoying ignorant who will do anything to push his own agendas and please his base.

The worst Americans can do is to re-elect him but I fear this might be reality cos there are indeed many Americans who are either misled by him or think like him.

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

"Tech companies get a sweetheart deal that no other industry enjoys," Sen. Josh Hawley said

These media giants are not adhering to the deal to refrain from political bias--clearly twitter violated it when they fact checked the President with an opinion.

And as far as electing him again in November 2020--that is the best thing to do because sadly the reality is that Joe Biden is losing his mental capacities. 

1 minute ago, jjkopite said:

And if they didn't report on people breaking lock down they wouldn't be doing their job!

Would reporting that Gov.Cuomo required nursing homes in New York to accept covid-19 positive patients be doing their job too? So why don't they do it?

21 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

And if they didn't report on people breaking lock down they wouldn't be doing their job!

1 minute ago, jjkopite said:

You can tell I am in the UK! :biggrin:

No excuse!!! 😏