Trump--all about Trump, Trump bashing, Trump praise, defending Trump

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The White House tried to move CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins to the back of the room before Trump started his Friday coronavirus press briefing.

I don't understand why the President of the United States has to squabble with correspondents, be it they are from CNN or any of the 'fake left-wing media' as he likes to call them and cannot just focus on the job at hand, and one of them is to keep the nation UNITED DURING THIS CRISIS. O'Donald is the first & perhaps the only world leader to not gain an increase in his approval ratings during a crisis, even George Bush's ratings went up after 9-11.

It is clear he is purposefully dividing the nation to get re-elected but during a national crisis for god's sake? To use the COVID-19 briefings for more air-time because he can no longer stage any rally? Thank goodness he screwed up and now we can have the real experts to talk about the virus instead of him.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SierraTM said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The White House tried to move CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins to the back of the room before Trump started his Friday coronavirus press briefing.

I don't understand why the President of the United States has to squabble with correspondents, be it they are from CNN or any of the 'fake left-wing media' as he likes to call them and cannot just focus on the job at hand, and one of them is to keep the nation UNITED DURING THIS CRISIS. O'Donald is the first & perhaps the only world leader to not gain an increase in his approval ratings during a crisis, even George Bush's ratings went up after 9-11.

It is clear he is purposefully dividing the nation to get re-elected but during a national crisis for god's sake? To use the COVID-19 briefings for more air-time because he can no longer stage any rally? Thank goodness he screwed up and now we can have the real experts to talk about the virus instead of him.

he has done nothing but fuck up for 99.9% of his term. (i.m being generous by crediting him with .1% approval). the difference is that with people sick & dieing (including republicans that voted for him) more people are noticing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

il y a 6 minutes, golfer06 a dit :

he has done nothing but fuck up for 99.9% of his term. (i.m being generous by crediting him with .1% approval). the difference is that with people sick & dieing (including republicans that voted for him) more people are noticing!

To be fair to O'Donald, he does have around 41% of approval (mainly due to Republicans' support) but yes he is still the lowest rating president during a worldwide crisis, not just a national crisis.

Of cos he has an agenda for reopening the economy despite the obvious potential dangers of doing so, so that he could also get his re-election campaign going cos right now he is behind Biden.

As French, I am neither for one nor for the other party, moreover, for French that I am, the two US political parties are identical.
But of all the presidents of the United States that this great country has had, I thought that the worst was with Bush Jr. But then .... Trump is one of the craziest leaders the earth has had.

And for a great democracy, freedom of the press and the right to the press is the most important thing.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 5:37 PM, happyone said:

Not so much hypothetical, but unfortunately, more realistically stupid. 😏

There are medical procedures performed today that If someone had suggested them when I was 20 years old that person would have been considered a total kook. New treatments many times start out with an out of the box idea. 

53 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

There are medical procedures performed today that If someone had suggested them when I was 20 years old that person would have been considered a total kook. New treatments many times start out with an out of the box idea. 

That may be true, but what I was referring to was President Trump asking a question of the professional doctors perhaps whether disinfectants could be injected into the body to cure Covid19.  That was a stupid question for any person

in position of influence to ask in a televised event where we know alot of the public is gullible and a lot have no common sense---and may misconstrue  what was actually said to the point that they think this might be a remedy. . 

Unfortunately, in this instance I cannot support or defend what he actually asked or said.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, happyone said:

That may be true, but what I was referring to was President Trump asking a question of the professional doctors perhaps whether disinfectants could be injected into the body to cure Covid19.  That was a stupid question for any person

in position of influence to ask in a televised event where we know alot of the public is gullible and a lot have no common sense---and may misconstrue  what was actually said to the point that they think this might be a remedy. . 

Unfortunately, in this instance I cannot support or defend what he actually asked or said.

But the news media did not report that Trump raised a hypothetical question with doctors at the news conference. The news media said Trump had told the public to inject Lysol or drink Clorox to treat the coronavirus.

33 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But the news media did not report that Trump raised a hypothetical question with doctors at the news conference. The news media said Trump had told the public to inject Lysol or drink Clorox to treat the coronavirus.

are you still stuck on this story? Sorry to tell you that but he made a mistake and he should have apologized for doing it
It's as simple as that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

are you still stuck on this story? Sorry to tell you that but he made a mistake and he should have apologized for doing it
It's as simple as that

You're wrong. Big to do about nothing.  When are China and the World Health Organization going to apologize about their fuck ups that caused thousands of people to die? To me that is a bigger story than some comment Trump made in a news conference.

45 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Trump nor anyone else is able it seems to control what the media says or publishes.  President Trump, can however, control what he says or tweets and that is the issue here. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

You're wrong. Big to do about nothing.  When are China and the World Health Organization going to apologize about their fuck ups that caused thousands of people to die? To me that is a bigger story than some comment Trump made in a news conference.

Of course it is, but this is the real world and some things just will not happen the way it should or the way we want.  No sense beating a dead horse--at least not in this thread .  

16 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

In fact you are like your beloved president, the problem never comes from you but from others, but in certain situations it is also good to be able to look in the mirror
All we are trying to make you understand is that Trump made a mistake by making this kind of remark live on television and at no point did it say that it was a bad idea when he must see that it throws a chill in the room

This gives the impression that the President of the United States is not aware of medical and scientific advances before speaking each press point, strangely I can hardly believe it
As usual, he wanted to do the show and he is well planted and I condense that by his position, he should have been excused for his awkwardness instead of pretending that he was sarcastic

It was not China or the WHO who told him to tell live on television if the possibility of injecting disinfectant or putting on ultra violet light could counter the effects of covid in humans

I also hope that this error remains only with an increase in calls to poison control centers to ask if drinking disinfectant can help to avoid having the covid

he may be president of the united states and be the most powerful man in the country, when you make a mistake as big as this, you take it and you fix it, but those are two things he didn’t not seem to be able to do

Without wanting to get involved in something that doesn't concern me, is he in re-election campaign mode or is he trying to do his job as president to counter the effects of this virus? sometimes I ask myself the question, and if I, little French I ask myself, I think that must be the case by many Americans at the moment

• Like 2