Nina & Kira (2020) Part #4

17 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi,Neil Sedaka wrote and sang some memorable songs and definitely a star,but a "rock" star,I think not.

Sabbath,Led Zeppelin,Iron Maiden,Priest,etc,etc now they were rock stars.👍

I would have to agree with @Le5b0.

Since Alan Freed first used the term on the radio in 1951, it has applied to a lot of different styles of rock.

Actually there was a song called Rock and Roll in 1934.

I think we can all agree that there is a window of time where we most identify with our own music.  I don't think one can say that some is better than others.  It is, like most things in life, more about the match to your taste and desire.  

If you go deep into musicology, there are over 240 identified genres within Rock and Roll - from Acid Rock to Zeuhl.  With that said, there should be something for everyone

• Like 2

I can't really weigh in on the rock-n-roll discussion, since I listen to Country music 90% of the time (altho I will say 80s hair bands were some of the best music).  However, I will chime in on this:  

2 hours ago, jouandomy said:

Ahhh! Russian cooking!

Indeed, I will take one order of left cheek, one order of right cheek, and one order of that exquisite tenderloin in between.  😛  

Seriously though, I love Russian cuisine, particularly borscht, but sadly I find very little out here where I live.  A few years back I convinced one proprietor of a c&p in Fredneckburg, who is of Polish descent, to make some authentic borscht for me the next time I came through.  She did it just for me, extra heavy on the beets, and it was perfect, esp in the middle of January.  It actually became a hit with regulars, so it's permanently on the menu.  Beet soup - it's a lot better than it sounds, esp when made by someone who knows what they are doing.  It will warm you up on a frigid winter night.  Russian cooking indeed.  

borscht.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

One of the cats bringing Mummies Breakfast.  AWWW!  that's nice???   😁

Butch and Sundance need the deluxe version of this:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, hs6127 said:

Since Alan Freed first used the term on the radio in 1951, it has applied to a lot of different styles of rock.

I think we can all agree that there is a window of time where we most identify with our own music.  I don't think one can say that some is better than others.  It is, like most things in life, more about the match to your taste and desire.  

If you go deep into musicology, there are over 240 identified genres within Rock and Roll - from Acid Rock to Zeuhl.  With that said, there should be something for everyone

I think there is a distinct difference between a Rock and Roll star and a Rock star.?

If you saw a Billboard advertising a Rock show would you expect Neil Sedaka to be on the bill that's all I'm saying.

I'm definitely not saying one Genre is better than the other, each to their own and as much as I like Hard Rock/Metal etc,etc I can diversify.

Anyway thanks for your comments👍

4 hours ago, hs6127 said:

Do you know that either Nina or Kira(can't remember which)is a singer in a band.I don't know if she still does it.

Il y a 7 heures, Dave 27 a dit :

Do you know that either Nina or Kira(can't remember which)is a singer in a band.I don't know if she still does it.

Nina, and don't be fooled by her singing in the apartment.  This girl can REALLY belt out a good song when she needs to.  She's amazing on stage. 🥰  Nobody is performing in public anywhere right now...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

il y a 10 minutes, Le5b0 a dit :

Nina, et ne vous laissez pas berner par son chant dans l'appartement. Cette fille peut VRAIMENT chanter une bonne chanson quand elle en a besoin. Elle est incroyable sur scène. 🥰   Personne ne se produit en public nulle part en ce moment ...

Unless I'm mistaken, the 05/16 performance is still current. I watched a concert (another band) in streaming 2 days ago in st peter. Strange... but!

• Like 2