Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

Bacteria molecules are much larger than virus molecules, so a mask that is effective against bacteria may not work against a virus. 

I do respect the fact that you did not say definitively..... nobody knows.

28 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why don't "the experts" do a study to find out?  

And if they did a study to find out, the answer would come down to what exactly being manufactured and whether the manufacturer will certify.... which variety of the 1 million products are you referring to?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The effectiveness of any mask would depend on it's makeup, fabric and layers i would assume so a blanket answer is very difficult.

no, too big and especially since they come in different fabric, layers, etc. 😏

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EyesOnly said:

And if they did a study to find out, the answer would come down to what exactly being manufactured and whether the manufacturer will certify.... which variety of the 1 million products are you referring to?

The ones people are using. Or maybe Joe Biden can tell us which masks to use since he is pushing their use.

• Like 1

One of the major problems I see with stressing the wearing of masks is that it may be giving people a false sense of protection when social distancing (6 feet or more is much more effective).  I see people in stores now wearing masks bumping up against each other. It appears to me that wearing masks has become more of a political issue than a healthcare issue.