Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Sorry to hear that...I hope she's ok. 🤞

Thank you Naga, so far she is OK but the biggest problem is that my nephew and my son are like best buds and he spends a considerable amount of time with them.  I ask my son to get tested for my safety and his renters safety.  We will see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robwin said:

It seems the UK government has licensed for use on the NHS a drug called Dexamethasone ( a steroid) which our guys have found to be very successfull in treating many patients alleviating the need for a respirator  and gives the lungs chance to self heal. So all good news, all we need now is a vaccine which they are working on and very confident can be ready end of the year.

It's very easily accessible, all hospitals have shitloads of it, worldwide, and it's cheap...😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Robwin said:

It seems the UK government has licensed for use on the NHS a drug called Dexamethasone ( a steroid) which our guys have found to be very successfull in treating many patients alleviating the need for a respirator  and gives the lungs chance to self heal. So all good news, all we need now is a vaccine which they are working on and very confident can be ready end of the year.

WWW.OX.AC.UK

In March 2020, the RECOVERY (Randomised Evaluation of COVid-19 thERapY) trial was established as a randomised clinical trial to test a range of potential treatments for COVID-19, including low-dose dexamethasone...

From body of the article---at least 1 in 8 patients needing ventilation would be saved--.  It is a start, but by no means a complete and total cure for COVID.  

A total of 2104 patients were randomised to receive dexamethasone 6 mg once per day (either by mouth or by intravenous injection) for ten days and were compared with 4321 patients randomised to usual care alone. Among the patients who received usual care alone, 28-day mortality was highest in those who required ventilation (41%), intermediate in those patients who required oxygen only (25%), and lowest among those who did not require any respiratory intervention (13%).

Dexamethasone reduced deaths by one-third in ventilated patients (rate ratio 0.65 [95% confidence interval 0.48 to 0.88]; p=0.0003) and by one fifth in other patients receiving oxygen only (0.80 [0.67 to 0.96]; p=0.0021). There was no benefit among those patients who did not require respiratory support (1.22 [0.86 to 1.75; p=0.14).

Based on these results, 1 death would be prevented by treatment of around 8 ventilated patients or around 25 patients requiring oxygen alone.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, happyone said:

Based on these results, 1 death would be prevented by treatment of around 8 ventilated patients or around 25 patients requiring oxygen alone.

Hi hap, yeah don't get me wrong i am not saying the solution to covid has been found in fact far from it but anything which will help alleviate some deaths and help some recover has to be a step in the right direction and give the public some light at the end of the tunnel. All country's i know are working hard to come up with a cure or vaccine, we can all hope that its sooner rather than later. 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

I’m on an airplane!! ✈️ ♥️ 

So, the air comes in through air conditioners powered by the engines. That air comes in through hospital grade hepa filters through vents in the top of the cabin and pushes downwards, so when you breath in the air it comes from above and when you breath out the air goes downwards and out of the plane through vents near the floor, not really side to side or toward the back. It’s actually pretty clean air. 

I do hate the mask though. Hate it with a passion. 🖕🏻👉🏻😷 

That makes two of us Amy !!!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I hope she kicks it, Harley and no one else gets infected.

Thanks Let's, I'm sure she will but I'm worried for some of the others she has been around.  My son works for a major hospital branch and he has to get tested today and where he works will only except the results from where he works.  Fingers crossed that he doesn't have it!!!

• Like 1