Forum Support - Bugs, errors, troubleshooting, etc.

Admin

what is wrong with camcaps?  why is it so slow and why when i finally get in and read a page of posts and then try to go to the next page, it just sits there and clocks away?  i doesn't always do this but it's happening more and more frequently.  any help addressing this issue would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

You aren't alone with this issue.

I think if @StnCld316 could get his fingers into the entire board settings, shit would work around here. But he has to wait for Admin to find time to find the problem.

This is the only forum I haunt that has issues like this. I look at 5 or 6 other forums and no problems. I click my shortcut to here and....nothing. Close the browser, reopen and I can log in. After log in, I have to close out again to read another page. It gets damned frustrating.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I think if @StnCld316 could get his fingers into the entire board settings, shit would work around here. But he has to wait for Admin to find time to find the problem.

This is the only forum I haunt that has issues like this. I look at 5 or 6 other forums and no problems. I click my shortcut to here and....nothing. Close the browser, reopen and I can log in. After log in, I have to close out again to read another page. It gets damned frustrating.

It's that moronic idiot that was posting on Camarads is up to his nefarious shenanigans once again.

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

that's exactly what is happening to me.  stncld316 shows to be an admin but i guess he really has no admin privileges.  i hope they get it resolved asap, it's like you say, damned frustrating.

i wonder if you could point them to one of the other forums you use that runs smoothly and see if they like it enough to get different forum software.  it would sure be nice for a change.

17 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

It's that moronic idiot that was posting on Camarads is up to his nefarious shenanigans once again.

if that's the case, there has got to be a trap you can use for forum software to finally nail him down and be done with him.

16 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

if that's the case, there has got to be a trap you can use for forum software to finally nail him down and be done with him.

He's using a VPN.  Makes it almost impossible to track anything about him.  If he should slip up and I get his actual IP address then I could block him.

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

He's using a VPN.  Makes it almost impossible to track anything about him.  If he should slip up and I get his actual IP address then I could block him.

you know way more than i when it come to this computer stuff so i will leave it with you to figure out a way to catch that bugger.

Stone is an Admin. He doesn't have the amount of access to the software that the owner of the board has, though he can do a lot more than when I was the board admin. The software developers want to know who you are, the last time you ate, the last time you took a dump and what color it was. The board owner (Admin) wouldn't give them that, so they limit the access anyone else is allowed to have.

So, Stone is basically at Admin's dependency when it comes to getting anything done.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I thought that festering boil had gone away. Take his beef to Camerads. That site is a waste of bandwidth to begin with. Drop them from the board entirely and he might go away. As it is, there is still space being offered to them for free advertising as I see it. These EuroBusiness owners are fucking morons to pass up free advertising.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FrankZabba said:

you know way more than i when it come to this computer stuff so i will leave it with you to figure out a way to catch that bugger.

The only way to get the actual IP of a VPN user is to have the website not allow VPN connections, then the actual IP address will show on the members log file. Once you get the actual IP address the user can be blocked and then get the DNS of the Internet Service Provider and block that as well. 

1 minute ago, TBG 150 said:

Stone is an Admin. He doesn't have the amount of access to the software that the owner of the board has, though he can do a lot more than when I was the board admin. The software developers want to know who you are, the last time you ate, the last time you took a dump and what color it was. The board owner (Admin) wouldn't give them that, so they limit the access anyone else is allowed to have.

So, Stone is basically at Admin's dependency when it comes to getting anything done.

I thought that festering boil had gone away. Take his beef to Camerads. That site is a waste of bandwidth to begin with. Drop them from the board entirely and he might go away. As it is, there is still space being offered to them for free advertising as I see it. These EuroBusiness owners are fucking morons to pass up free advertising.

The Camarads board is closed here but they post over at xCamFan.  Since he got banned for spamming he started his nefarious activity again.  The only thing I know about him is he's from France.