Forum Support - Bugs, errors, troubleshooting, etc.

Admin

1 minute ago, x192023 said:

@Robwin do you know if CC will be discontinued later on. Or keep going ?

Gods knows got no idea. They certainly ain't gonna shut down just because of one new forum i am sure. Many prefer the CC interface and if i was honest so do i, The VH forum so far is to cluttered and busy for my liking. Like they always say less is often more.

Am using both now but use CC more i think but who knows though. I think many will stay on CC but have an odd dabble in the VH one.

6 minutes ago, albundy1089 said:

I bought this one for Photoshop/Lightroom. I sometimes have to do Gigapixel images that can reach over 500 megabytes. I am considering increasing it to 128GB since I still bog down sometimes. My hot button is upload speed, since I'm sending files to FTP sites a lot.

In that case i can see why it is needed but you are far from a normal user you must agree.

Then again you are on here so you are quite normal really :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

In that case i can see why it is needed but you are far from a normal user you must agree.

Then again you are on here so you are quite normal really :biggrin:

Yeah I use both as well. But do prefer CC. I have noticed a lot more users 

that I haven’t recognized on CC before 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, x192023 said:

Yeah I use both as well. But do prefer CC. I have noticed a lot more users 

that I haven’t recognized on CC before 

Yeah good to have fresh intake of members.

CC has a very simple interface but it's all there without to much faffing around and the notifications are much better too. Just what you get used to in a way.

VH forum works well but i think they have tried to be too clever perhaps but i use it ok now but use CC more and i don't see that many have deserted CC which says it all really. Most of them are on both anyway.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, disneykid said:

Robwin  can you help me please  ,my CC membership  runs out on 19 aug will I get notified 
if not how do I renew it 

Posted this in Nina & Kira also................................

Well they never advised me is all i can tell you and had to renew mine manually. In brief, along the top of the CC screen you have a menu bar which if you hover over the "Home" option you get a second row showing with the last one being "Subscriptions". If you click on that and it will open up the renew page with a  "Renew  now" on the bottom.

Any other query shout 👍

ps Both lines of menu's may show anyway.

On 8/14/2021 at 4:39 PM, Daleys said:

The rank in the profile that shows on posts shows an empty image. Also the site seems slow again.

Can you provide a screenshot.  

I know it was slow.  I was just finishing up on the attachment purging.  

23 minutes ago, Robwin said:

What you been doing? whizzing around on your mach 1 buggy :biggrin:

When one has over 240,000 attachments to purge and can only do 500 at a time, it takes a bit of time to get it done. It took a week to complete as I can only do such things when the forum traffic is low, that way it doesn't put too much stress on the systems resources.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

When one has over 240,000 attachments to purge and can only do 500 at a time, it takes a bit of time to get it done. It took a week to complete as I can only do such things when the forum traffic is low, that way it doesn't put too much stress on the systems resources.

Yeah i know you old bugger I was just exhibiting my unique piss taking skiil :biggrin: 👍

• Haha 2