New Format Fan Page...

HarleyFatboy

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

And Showering, cleaning, watching tele, cooking, card playing, drinking etc etc it just gets so fucking stupid. Makes you wonder if the management really know what they are doing ????????????????????????

Oh, missed a very important topic...................Doing fuckall. :biggrin:

Can I ask you a question straght up man ?  Weren't you a longtime member of RLCF and then bailed over here after BTR passed away ? Why did you leave that Forum ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Can I ask you a question straght up man ?  Weren't you a longtime member of RLCF and then bailed over here after BTR passed away ? Why did you leave that Forum ?

Yes I was for many years, that was part of the reason i must admit, BTR played a great part in that forum and had great humour as well and told it as it was. Suppose after he had his accident my interest probably waned a lot. Dam shame.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Robwin said:

Yes I was, that was part of the reason i must admit, BTR played a great part in that forum and had great humour as well and told it as it was. Suppose after he had his accident my interest probably waned a lot. Dam shame.

Yes it was for sure and that site has become nothing more than a chat site for the few, gone are the likes of Rob1, Toolmaker, Hotwal and so many other great contributors. CC used to have as many 500 to 1000 active members posting and now there less 200 active posters. Some will attribute this to the downfall of RLC, the lack of pics and vids, but this was actually before these general chat threads were created.

The Admin was very fond of BTR and gave him free rain in the glory days in that forum. I don't know what the answer is actually, but I do understand why the Admin is making the changes to this forum now.  Guests are extremely high in numbers here, but the membership posting is very low in relation to the amount of guests that are visiting. I believe that BTR would have never allowed the general chat threads and would had said "If you want to chat use the damn chat" 😉 I miss that man too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Yes it was for sure and that site has become nothing more than a chat site for the few, gone are the likes of Rob1, Toolmaker, Hotwal and so many other great contributors. CC used to have as many 500 to 1000 active members posting and now there less 200 active posters. Some will attribute this to the downfall of RLC, the lack of pics and vids, but this was actually before these general chat threads were created.

The Admin was very fond of BTR and gave him free rain in the glory days in that forum. I don't know what the answer is actually, but I do understand why the Admin is making the changes to this forum now.  Guests are extremely high in numbers here, but the membership posting is very low in relation to the amount of guests that are visiting. I believe that BTR would have never allowed the general chat threads and would had said "If you want to chat use the damn chat" 😉 I miss that man too.

OMG yeah that brings back many good memories with Toolmaker, Rob1 and Hotwal as you say. I do have an odd look in and some good ones are still there, dear old Plank and Scotsman are still around. I think now Plank almost carries it on his own, that's real dedication. That was a great era, i miss it very much.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Robwin said:

OMG yeah that brings back many good memories with Toolmaker, Rob1 and Hotwal as you say. I do have an odd look in and some good ones are still there, dear old Plank and Scotsman are still around. I think now Plank almost carries it on his own, that's real dedication. That was a great era, i miss it very much.

So do I ole 'boy and it is a damn shame what has happened to it. I believe before long it will be incorporated into Camcaps and done away with altogether. I know it has been discussed and certainly is possibility. It would bring more dedicated members to Camcaps. We sure could use them here in this community. You know it use to have almost as many members as Camcaps did then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I also miss BTR...I still don't have a straight answer on why or how he died?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I also miss BTR...I still don't have a straight answer on why or how he died?

The talk at the time was he was involved in a bad motorcycle accident as he was a mad keen biker. Hence his name of BTR, Born to Ride. Sorry can't be any more specific.

• Like 1

Wonder how many days this will stay like this😅.People want a forum not a chat room,want to have the intimacy of an general house topic and talk there with usualy same pals,dont want use a chat were people would be talking(that they dont seem to be)about houses and residents they usualy dont care,talk.

• Like 1

What's the point of the change? To satisfy pepe and his band of bellends? All he had to do was start his own private thread with his followers and they could've done the whole 'obsessive worship' thing all day without anyone saying anything he didn't like. This change will drive away any new subscribers, even 4chan and reddit have 'general subject' threads/subs that cover multiple subjects with a root interest, If anyone is like me, I like to hop on here to find out what's going on in one particular apartment and don't give a toss about the others, do I have to view a dozen pages just to get to the 'what did they do today' bit?

Silly me, just remembered the ads on the pages, more clicks = more revenue

• Like 2