Up your noses with rubber hoses!!

HarleyFatboy

I just got through reading at least 4 different topics worth of total crap and had the apartment thread totally cleared.  I left to go catch up on Carla's apartment thread which had 2 topics and when I came back to the Leora apartment thread there was 4 topics with more posts.  To hell with this new approach and up your noses with rubber hoses!!!  I will be so far behind now because i'm going to wear out the "Mark forum as read" option so once again...up your noses with rubber hoses!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

I just got through reading at least 4 different topics worth of total crap and had the apartment thread totally cleared.  I left to go catch up on Carla's apartment thread which had 2 topics and when I came back to the Leora apartment thread there was 4 topics with more posts.  To hell with this new approach and up your noses with rubber hoses!!!  I will be so far behind now because i'm going to wear out the "Mark forum as read" option so once again...up your noses with rubber hoses!!!

I don't see what the problem is.  You yourself have been here since this Forum began or just shortly after it began and would know first hand of what multiple topics are about.  We used them for 4 years before changing to a different style of posting. In those 4 Years I never one heard anyone complain about the Multiple Topic Format. After we changed to a General Chat Style sometime in 2016 there was multiple users complaining about it being changed but they adjusted to it and went with the flow of the direction the Forum had taken.  Now we're going back to the old way it used to be done.  As with any change some are going to be happy and some others not but they always seem to adapt as time goes forward. It will take a week or two for the dust to settle.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I don't see what the problem is.  You yourself have been here since this Forum began or just shortly after it began and would know first hand of what multiple topics are about.  We used them for 4 years before changing to a different style of posting. In those 4 Years I never one heard anyone complain about the Multiple Topic Format. After we changed to a General Chat Style sometime in 2016 there was multiple users complaining about it being changed but they adjusted to it and went with the flow of the direction the Forum had taken.  Now we're going back to the old way it used to be done.  As with any change some are going to be happy and some others not but they always seem to adapt as time goes forward. It will take a week or two for the dust to settle.

As it was your idea to go back I bet your hoping like hell it does settle down.

49 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Before the general thread came as a "standard" we had a thread called "What do they do now" with many timestamps. Eventually more and more people gathered on these threads and they became General chat. Now it has been cleaned in the archive, so I can not find my way back to the discussions, but there were many around how difficult it was to navigate and for mods to keep control of all the threads. So not everything was rosy before either

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Noldus said:

Before the general thread came as a "standard" we had a thread called "What do they do now" with many timestamps. Eventually more and more people gathered on these threads and they became General chat. Now it has been cleaned in the archive, so I can not find my way back to the discussions, but there were many around how difficult it was to navigate and for mods to keep control of all the threads. So not everything was rosy before either

No matter which way it goes it's not going to be rosy.

With Multiple Topics the Discussions are spread out more in different Topics giving a wide array of what goes on in the apartment. 

With a General Chat that locks after 30 Pages. One Locks and another begins and over time you got pages filled up with locked Topics that no one can reply to. If a General Chat goes a Month then you so many pages that no one is going to go look at 100 pages or more trying to find one specific happening on a certain day.  

Anyways a change was made so we'll see over the course of a couple Months what happens.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

No matter which way it goes it's not going to be rosy.

With Multiple Topics the Discussions are spread out more in different Topics giving a wide array of what goes on in the apartment. 

With a General Chat that locks after 30 Pages. One Locks and another begins and over time you got pages filled up with locked Topics that no one can reply to. If a General Chat goes a Month then you so many pages that no one is going to go look at 100 pages or more trying to find one specific happening on a certain day.  

Anyways a change was made so we'll see over the course of a couple Months what happens.

Since you deleted my comment, a little curiosity, you can criticize this new system or you have to shut up and suffer, I would like to inform you that you can live without CC

Just now, Sergio said:

Since you deleted my comment, a little curiosity, you can criticize this new system or you have to shut up and suffer, I would like to inform you that you can live without CC

I have not deleted any comments. There are 4 of us that Moderate Cam Caps so that leaves it to a possibility of 3 others.