Sophia & Elon (2020) Part #1

Siempre he tenido curiosidad por saber cómo funciona. He pegado una gran cantidad de texto en muchos buzones de correo, incluido este, que traduje con Google Translate, y nunca tuve que desplazarme para leer nada, sin importar cuánto tiempo fuera. Siempre envuelve el texto automáticamente.

Pegué las versiones en inglés y en español de Google y no hice nada en ningún párrafo. Así es exactamente como pegaron de Google. Siempre quise saber por qué aparece ese cuadro de desplazamiento.
6 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Siempre he tenido curiosidad por saber cómo funciona. He pegado una gran cantidad de texto en una gran cantidad de buzones de correo, incluido este, que traduje con Google Translate, y nunca tuve que desplazarme para leer nada, sin importar cuánto tiempo fuera. Siempre envuelve el texto automáticamente.

Pegué las versiones en inglés y en español de Google y no hice nada en ningún párrafo. Así es exactamente como pegaron de Google. Siempre quise saber por qué aparece ese cuadro de desplazamiento.

I've always been curious how that works. I've pasted a whole lot of text in a whole lot of post boxes, including this one, which I translated using Google Translate, and I've never once had to scroll to read any of it, no matter how long it was. It always just wraps the text automatically.

I pasted both English and Spanish versions from Google and I didn't do anything to any paragraph. This is exactly how they pasted from Google. I've always wanted to know why that scroll box shows up.

if you don't choose to paste it as plain text it will appear like that 😃

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

if you don't choose to paste it as plain text it will appear like that 😃

I don't know what you mean. I didn't choose anything. I just copied and pasted it from the Google Translate box. There was nothing to choose, either on the Google side or the CC side.

What did you do to put what I posted in that scroll box?

29 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I don't know what you mean. I didn't choose anything. I just copied and pasted it from the Google Translate box. There was nothing to choose, either on the Google side or the CC side.

When i have ever pasted text into the cc message box i always get a black strip along the bottom with the option of pasting as plain text or not but never had a scroll line appear, as you say the text automatically wraps, i always choose plain text. When you paste links choosing plain text you just get the link appear, if you don't use plain text then you get the preview appear for the site link.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

when you paste it on CC editor, it gives you the option to paste it as it's or as plain text. if you don't choose anything it will put it in a box. it might depend on your browser or OS. I am not sure why it's different for you. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

When i have ever pasted text into the cc message box i always get a black strip along the bottom with the option of pasting as plain text or not but never had a scroll line appear, as you say the text automatically wraps, i always choose plain text. When you paste links choosing plain text you just get the link appear, if you don't use plain text then you get the preview appear for the site link.

2 hours ago, bluewinner said:

when you paste it on CC editor, it gives you the option to paste it as it's or as plain text. if you don't choose anything it will put it in a box. it might depend on your browser or OS. I am not sure why it's different for you. 

I use Windows 10 and Firefox right out of the box. Nothing special about either one.

The message you mentioned only appears, at least for me, if I paste text that contains special characters, such as bolded or italicized text, for example. If I'm finished with the post, I just ignore it and click submit. If I want to keep the special characters, I'll just press the Shift key (other keys work, too) and the message goes away. Otherwise, I'll click the message to paste plain text.

When I paste a link, a YouTube video link, for instance, a preview pic of the video will show first, along with the message asking if I would rather paste just a link, instead of the preview. If I click on the message, I just get the URL. Otherwise, I'll press the shift key, the message goes away and the preview remains.

But, no matter what I choose, in neither case do I get a scroll box, like when you quoted my previous post, Blue. I still don't know what you did to make that happen.

Here are a couple of examples. When I pasted this text, because it has special characters in it, I got the message to paste plain text, instead. Ninety-five percent of the time I never see that message when I paste text. It just pastes the text and that's it, it's done.

image.png.74e749987c1a239443639079da971bd2.png

When I pasted this link, first the preview appears, along with the message to paste a link, instead. I usually click on the message to just paste the link. This message will show up unless it's an mp4 video, in which case CC automatically embeds it or if the site doesn't allow embedding of their videos, which is what happened when I tried to paste two YouTube videos in this post. It said YouTube didn't allow embedding of those particular videos.

image.png.a126cbaa9823a52b45b68105bf6a7026.png

But, I still don't know how to get that horizontally scrollable text box.

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Must be a russian thing i reckon 🤣👍

I've noticed it doesn't happen very often, but it's very annoying, especially when it's a very long line(s) of text. And, it should be easily fixable just by editing the long lines into several shorter ones.

• Like 1