US General Domestic Politics #10 Begin 10/29/20

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

I bet he fiddles his scorecard...🙄

At that point, I don't think anyone will care--unless he can find someone to play with him. He can always tweet for someone to join him in a foursome 😏

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stormshaedow said:

You do realize that the US is not ruled by a single government? Each State has it's on government, with the Federal government governing the Federation of States. The people of each State gets to vote for who represents them with their State's (notice the possessive here...) electoral college representative. How each State's electoral college representative votes (whether based on over all popular vote, a collection of counties, etc...) is up to those States to decide. But they don't get to decide for each other State. I.E. Texas doesn't get to decide for Ohio, California doesn't get to decide for Wisconsin, etc...

If it went by popular vote, the States with the most people would get to decide everything for the States with the least. The electoral college was put in place to avoid exactly that.

Also, the US is not exactly a democracy... we're a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Kind of a Republic hybrid. We have democratic processes (i.e. each person gets to vote for their representative), but the representative's vote are who decide who gets to be President.

Relax...he's used to Das Fatherland running everything in Europe thanks to the EU.  ...and still wondering why the UK voted to get the fuck out.  He has no clue what he is on about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently it was the Republicans who stopped the postal votes in Pennsylvania being counted early...looks like that ploy's come back to bite him on the arse. I'm watching the gap narrowing, but, fortunately for Mr T, I think the democrats will run out of time...Hopefully it won't matter though...

Hey...this is a damn sight more entertaining than our election!...I'm not even watching the girls! :biggrin:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Relax...he's used to Das Fatherland running everything in Europe thanks to the EU.  ...and still wondering why the UK voted to get the fuck out.  He has no clue what he is on about.

I am relaxed. Just got tired of people misconstruing how our Presidential election system works, so I thought I would correct their thinking... They don't have to accept it, but then that's on them...

2 hours ago, happyone said:

Associated Press results--the most trusted IMO for accuracy

264 Biden

214 Trump

Nevada, Georgia, N Carolina, and Pennsylvania not yet called, but if Biden wins Nevada (6 electoral votes) he will be declared winner.

Trump 2024 then. 😏

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stormshaedow said:

You do realize that the US is not ruled by a single government? Each State has it's on government, with the Federal government governing the Federation of States. The people of each State gets to vote for who represents them with their State's (notice the possessive here...) electoral college representative. How each State's electoral college representative votes (whether based on over all popular vote, a collection of counties, etc...) is up to those States to decide. But they don't get to decide for each other State. I.E. Texas doesn't get to decide for Ohio, California doesn't get to decide for Wisconsin, etc...

If it went by popular vote, the States with the most people would get to decide everything for the States with the least. The electoral college was put in place to avoid exactly that.

Also, the US is not exactly a democracy... we're a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Kind of a Republic hybrid. We have democratic processes (i.e. each person gets to vote for their representative), but the representative's vote are who decide who gets to be President.

I think he must understand the concept of a federation. He is German, and Germany is also a federation. The reason for so many votes being wasted, and also why you only get 2 parties with any chance of representation, is your first-past-the-post system. Or plurality voting, wich is a more technical term. The UK have the same. But countries in Europe have a voting systems with proportional representation. In USA, I think only Maine and Nebraska does it like that.

1 hour ago, Stormshaedow said:

I am relaxed. Just got tired of people misconstruing how our Presidential election system works, so I thought I would correct their thinking... They don't have to accept it, but then that's on them...

The point is...don't bother with him, he's a fucking know it all who knows nothing