Footy #1

nagachilli2

5 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Attack play was not good too. We did not find any solution today. It was just not good at all

I really believed that Müller had scored on his cross shot
it is the end of a majestic epic for Germany under the orders of Löw

3 minutes ago, moos54 said:

England were not flamboyant but they got the job done when needed against a Germany who are at the end of the cycle
We say goodbye this evening to the group "said" of death where there were France, Germany and Portugal, three big teams cut to win the competition
I think England can eventually go to the end of the competition because if they win the quarter-final, they will have the advantage of playing at home the semi-final and the final

You just can't be flamboyant against Germany else they will punish you, mind you they had their chances but just were not able to put them away. Both of England's goals were real class even though i say it myself, not that i am biased of course. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Considering we have a manager who thinks a good pass is one that goes sideways or backwards and consistently leaves good players out of the team (unless the press say they should play!) it was an amazing result.

14 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I really believed that Müller had scored on his cross shot
it is the end of a majestic epic for Germany under the orders of Löw

Müller got old. Some years ago he would have been faster and have more time to score the goal. 

12 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

Considering we have a manager who thinks a good pass is one that goes sideways or backwards and consistently leaves good players out of the team (unless the press say they should play!) it was an amazing result.

Boooo booooo bit of sour grapes there i fancy :biggrin:

The amazing EURO continues , epic battles , the crowd going mad with their return in the stadiums , such incredible moments , I don’t know if we could ask for more for what we have seen . Some unbelievable matches before seeing this clash of the titans earlier between England and Germany . Unfortunately , another wrong prediction , but this is the sport , it isn’t basketball that out of 10 times , 9 times the better teal wins , England proved more solid and ready , as I mentioned 2 days ago , except the skills and the ability , you need also luck . My county won the EURO back in 2004 by taking advantage of all the details that were for us , Portugal won the previous one with only one win , we have now England in the quarterfinals when we saw the lost chance of chances by Muller .. but again , this is football .. it was shivers for me watching the passion from 22 players that gave it all , the fans , the contrast of happiness when England scored the 2-0 and the little German girl crying between her father’s hands … what amazing moments we see once again , moments of human feelings and reactions that we have all lost since almost 18 months now and the stupid virus that is dying everyday a slow death… 

Last match to watch , Ukraine vs Sweden , two teams that didn’t deserve to be in the top 16 , a pair that I will personally go with the team that has done it again and this is Sweden . They play a boring defensive style 4-4-2 , this is the system that brought them in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup in Russia and to be honest , Sweden is superior than Ukraine . 

Sweden makes more things better , they play good defense deep in their defensive line , they have too much aggression in midfield with the presence of Isaak and Forsberg that even if they aren’t the most cooperating players , they have good individual talent and they can make the difference for Sweden .

Sweden seems to know better what they want to do in the pitch , they have more strength and better physical condition .I believe that either easy or difficult , they will go through the quarterfinals . Ukraine is in the top 16 only because they were in a group with the worse team in the tournament , that was North Macedonia . In any case , last match before we get more dramas in the top 8 and as it seems , high chances that an underdog reaches the final .. let’s watch and enjoy 😎

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

How can it be sour grapes when my team won? :huh: Please enlighten me.

the winning team is not necessarily the best on the field
I think we could see it in the match between Belgium and Portugal, Belgium wins 1 to 0 on their only shot on target
If France had won yesterday, frankly it would have been a steal for Switzerland

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ddhm said:

The amazing EURO continues , epic battles , the crowd going mad with their return in the stadiums , such incredible moments , I don’t know if we could ask for more for what we have seen . Some unbelievable matches before seeing this clash of the titans earlier between England and Germany . Unfortunately , another wrong prediction , but this is the sport , it isn’t basketball that out of 10 times , 9 times the better teal wins , England proved more solid and ready , as I mentioned 2 days ago , except the skills and the ability , you need also luck . My county won the EURO back in 2004 by taking advantage of all the details that were for us , Portugal won the previous one with only one win , we have now England in the quarterfinals when we saw the lost chance of chances by Muller .. but again , this is football .. it was shivers for me watching the passion from 22 players that gave it all , the fans , the contrast of happiness when England scored the 2-0 and the little German girl crying between her father’s hands … what amazing moments we see once again , moments of human feelings and reactions that we have all lost since almost 18 months now and the stupid virus that is dying everyday a slow death… 

Last match to watch , Ukraine vs Sweden , two teams that didn’t deserve to be in the top 16 , a pair that I will personally go with the team that has done it again and this is Sweden . They play a boring defensive style 4-4-2 , this is the system that brought them in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup in Russia and to be honest , Sweden is superior than Ukraine . 

Sweden makes more things better , they play good defense deep in their defensive line , they have too much aggression in midfield with the presence of Isaak and Forsberg that even if they aren’t the most cooperating players , they have good individual talent and they can make the difference for Sweden .

Sweden seems to know better what they want to do in the pitch , they have more strength and better physical condition .I believe that either easy or difficult , they will go through the quarterfinals . Ukraine is in the top 16 only because they were in a group with the worse team in the tournament , that was North Macedonia . In any case , last match before we get more dramas in the top 8 and as it seems , high chances that an underdog reaches the final .. let’s watch and enjoy 😎

Well I hope Ukraine wins...

4 hours ago, nack said:

Garmany, Croatia, France all out of the tournament 

Don't forget Netherlands and Portugal...

Not a great open game tonight, but good result against our old enemies...and another clean sheet!
Having watched Ukraine v Sweden, we shouldn't worry about the quarter final...

• Like 1