Footy #1

nagachilli2

4 hours ago, Robwin said:

Just a little fact, we ain't conceded a goal yet which certainly bodes well.👍

Before the competition I though central defence was our weakest area...So far they've been pretty solid, and Pickford, who has his critics, has had an excellent tournament...

4 hours ago, jjkopite said:

Considering we have a manager who thinks a good pass is one that goes sideways or backwards and consistently leaves good players out of the team (unless the press say they should play!) it was an amazing result.

I was crying out for Grealish to start, and he did really well when he came on, but he has an abundance of top young exciting midfielders, so I'm not sure who he'd leave out...Sako had a good 1st half too, after his last game, so he had to stick with him...and Sterling was our best player...

6 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Don't forget Netherlands and Portugal...

Not a great open game tonight, but good result against our old enemies...and another clean sheet!
Having watched Ukraine v Sweden, we shouldn't worry about the quarter final...

The quarterfinals revealed some surprises, which makes me think that it is very difficult to make predictions

I would see a final Italy against England but it could just as well be Switzerland against Denmark 😁

4 hours ago, moos54 said:

The quarterfinals revealed some surprises, which makes me think that it is very difficult to make predictions

I would see a final Italy against England but it could just as well be Switzerland against Denmark 😁

As long as we keep clean sheets and can nick a goal we're in with a chance...It's odd because I always thought our main weakness were our centre backs...

10 hours ago, jjkopite said:

He plays a back five with 2 holding midfielders leaving nobody to run past the front men to create any opportunities so I think we are doing well despite his tactics, not because of them!

Surely against the Ukrainians he'll revert back to a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Grealish starting...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Surely against the Ukrainians he'll revert back to a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Grealish starting...

Never understood why Grealish ain't first choice anyway ::)

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

For some reason he wanted to field a very defensive side against the German, so he forfeited Grealish for a 3rd centre back. At the end of the day you can't knock Gareth because it worked...He must start on Saturday though...

• Like 1