Tinnitus Anyone 🙉

Amy3

On 1/9/2022 at 12:26 PM, StnCld316 said:

I know it has been awhile since you have been on with this account but just wondering how the tinnitus issue is going and if you got rid of it or still have it.  If you log in with this account or another is fine.  

Hi there stndcld. I live. No, my tinnitus never went away. It’s a bad today as it was the day I created this topic, if not worse. I had every test done, even a MRI, and I got no answers. I guess I’m like everyone else who has it, you just learn to live with it. The first few weeks were absolute hell. I had to take off work for a week just to learn to cope with it.  I went to to a party the other day and had to leave because the music was too loud and I knew if I stayed my tinnitus would screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam at me twice as loud. To put it simple, I’m fucked! My only reprieve is music. Rain storms were my go to for a while, but I got sick of hearing it. My go to now is listening to various soundtracks. Anyways, good luck!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Sorry to hear about your back pain TBG as back pain is no fun at all.  I've dealt with it for 30 years and the best thing I could do for it was a set of exercises that I got from my physical therapist many years ago.  I wonder if any kind of heat wrap would ease your pain a little bit to where you wouldn't have to take so much acetaminophen.  Just a thought and good luck.

I use my inversion table a lot more and it helps. I had to readjust my body to it and that takes a few weeks. You don't just go 180 degrees over night. That's not really great for someone with higher than normal blood pressure. Cold over heat works better. It helps to calm the inflammation of the discs that are pressing on the nerves of the spinal cord. I did however cut the acetaminophen way back and the tinnitus is actually a lot better. I take 2 before going to work and it works pretty much all day as long as I don't get carried away with strenuous things.

I guess it wasn't 'our' Amy that became the Jeopardy millionaire and record holder. After her sudden disappearance from the board and the appearance on the show, we just added 2+2 and unfortunately ended up with 3 instead of 4. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashes10 said:

I will for sure and thanks! 😊 I will tell you what helps me sleep. If you can, download the app Sleep Aid Fan. There are several fan types of sounds the app offers that helps me sleep since it’s a good background noise and it drowns out the ringing. I play it on my phone all night. 

Thank you, I'll have to give that a try.  Good luck to you!

My wife had that going on her phone and it drove me to totally sleepless nights. She claims she sleeps a lot better. I do too, now that I've basically moved into one of the guest bedrooms. It's super quiet. No noise, no snoring. I can keep the windows open for a nice cold breeze and the TV isn't on half of the night.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Those YouTube Vids of people that said they had the cure for tinnitus is all a bunch of hogwash.  I tried their suggestions and they do not work.  About the only thing I have not tried yet are those CBD Gummies or Ginkgo Biloba.  I'm not one for putting unknown substances into my body not knowing what they'll do.  

23 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Those YouTube Vids of people that said they had the cure for tinnitus is all a bunch of hogwash.  I tried their suggestions and they do not work.  About the only thing I have not tried yet are those CBD Gummies or Ginkgo Biloba.  I'm not one for putting unknown substances into my body not knowing what they'll do.  

Hey StnCld, haven’t been here in a while and just stopped in and saw this topic on the home page. Yep! You are correct. None of that shit works. Nothing stops it. I wouldn’t even wish this on Jabbath and Sparkles. 😁

💋

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

I just made a purchase hoping that this item brings relief once and for all.  After 50+ years of loud ringing in the ears it would sure be a gift if it actually works.

Once I receive the item and try it out for a bit and I'll report back if the item is a good purchase or money tossed away on garbage.  For $5 one can't go wrong except to be out of pocket $5 and still listen to the ringing.   

0g6s.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What I learned to do is: 1) to accept that it will never go away. This helped me to avoid the anxiety that use to come from feeling helpless to solve the issue; 2) To ignore it. This works for me about 80% of the time. Just like we don't always hear the stomach rumble, or the heart beating, the mind can be trained to control what sound is focus and what sounds can run in the background.  The phenomenon that I am describing is referred to as accommodation and there is conversation about it in the field of Psychology. Meditation can help to train the mind to re-direct one's consciousness. It works just like it does when we are focusing on something so intensely that we never hear what someone is saying right in front of us. It was sometimes embarrassing to have to ask the person to repeat themselves, but I learned how it works from thinking about it differently. This is not a prescription for anyone...just me sharing my story. 

The root cause for tinnitus is a nutritional deficiency. It is caused by osteoporosis of the skull. The base of the skull is squeezing the auditory nerve that extends out of the spinal cord. A lot of the cause of the deficiency is in the food being consumed. Processed meats, fried foods, oil, fats, carbonated drinks of any kind, including carbonated water. Glutens, including wheat, barley, rye and oats. So no white bread, beer, oatmeal and related cereals. 

Get the book, It's All In Your Head, by Joel Wallach. Also, read, Dead Doctors Don't Lie.