Tinnitus Anyone 🙉

Amy3

Yes, the Jacobs Engine Brakes, HFB. I never had a diesel pick-up, I really don't have a use for the added maintenance expenses. 

The turbos I'm talking about are on the big 14-16 litre tractor diesels. The turbo on my current Cummins ISX-15, 550 hp, can be heard a mile away when it's spooling up. 

SC, I don't think the ringing in my ears has ever made the sounds of slot machines or machine guns or rain hitting a metal roof.  With me it is just constant ringing now days or Cicada'ing as you described.  Am I lucky in that respect, I think I am.  I have found myself asking my kids, grandkids, and family members to repeat themselves more often but I don't know for sure if it's because of the tinnitus or just getting older.

As for getting to sleep, I already take more than enough medicine for 3 people and the last thing I need to do is take more if not needed.  There are nights that I don't sleep very long at all, and when the lack of sleep catches up with me, i'll sleep for 10 to 12 hours as yourself does.

TBG, when I used to be a fire fighter, a lot of our trucks had jake brakes or engine brakes as they are known so I'm familiar with them.  I love the sound of turbo's spooling up!!  This guy I used to work with years ago had a diesel pick-up and his turbo could be heard for at least a couple hundred yards.  My other buddy with the diesel pick-up never thought he would own one until he got a good deal on one.  Now he says he won't have anything else lol.  I agree with you though, when anything has to be repaired on a diesel the price automatically doubles and therefore I would never own one for that reason.

I'm on my 3rd diesel truck 🚚 it's great driving one, beside the fact that you can use them for work, you can also have fun with them, all you need is to buy a tuner & you can turn your diesel turbo truck 🚚 into a 1/4 mile race 🏁 car 🚗 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

Will headphones with music on help.

nope! does nothing really. some of the rain sounds help a little. it's inside of my head and there is pretty much nothing i can do to stop it. it won't go away. same frequency constantly. 

it sound kinda like this link. try sleeping with that on. i am terrified that it might get worse. i can't take it anymore. i am in hell. 

https://www.ata.org/sites/default/files/ATA_Tinnitus_7500Hz_Tone.mp3

4 hours ago, HarleyFatboy said:

SC, I don't think the ringing in my ears has ever made the sounds of slot machines or machine guns or rain hitting a metal roof.  With me it is just constant ringing now days or Cicada'ing as you described.  Am I lucky in that respect, I think I am.  I have found myself asking my kids, grandkids, and family members to repeat themselves more often but I don't know for sure if it's because of the tinnitus or just getting older.

As for getting to sleep, I already take more than enough medicine for 3 people and the last thing I need to do is take more if not needed.  There are nights that I don't sleep very long at all, and when the lack of sleep catches up with me, i'll sleep for 10 to 12 hours as yourself does.

My family just goes nuts when I am around them.  They always have to repeat themselves.  I don't always look at someone constantly too see if they are talking to me. By the time they have to repeat themselves 3 times they are almost screaming at me.  When I talk to my Mother on the phone I can hear every word she says as I have one of those phones where I can adjust the volume so I can get it loud enough where I can hear what's said even though the ringing noise persists.  It's not in the ears it's in the brain.  If a person was deaf tinnitus would even drive them nuts because that is something they would be able to hear.    Each person has different levels, some only have it mildly and then there are some like myself that have it bad where the ringing is so loud it's like a permanent curse bestowed upon me.  If I owned a gun I likely would have blown my brains out years ago but I am not a gun enthusiast.   

46 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

My family just goes nuts when I am around them.  They always have to repeat themselves.  I don't always look at someone constantly too see if they are talking to me. By the time they have to repeat themselves 3 times they are almost screaming at me.  When I talk to my Mother on the phone I can hear every word she says as I have one of those phones where I can adjust the volume so I can get it loud enough where I can hear what's said even though the ringing noise persists.  It's not in the ears it's in the brain.  If a person was deaf tinnitus would even drive them nuts because that is something they would be able to hear.    Each person has different levels, some only have it mildly and then there are some like myself that have it bad where the ringing is so loud it's like a permanent curse bestowed upon me.  If I owned a gun I likely would have blown my brains out years ago but I am not a gun enthusiast.   

Thank god you don't have a gun!!  Mine is just as bad and even though I can't ignore it, I've chose to accept it.  Sorry yours is so bad SC!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Thank god you don't have a gun!!  Mine is just as bad and even though I can't ignore it, I've chose to accept it.  Sorry yours is so bad SC!!

My hearing is shot, from my brother playing in a band and practicing at home,  me working for an airline & being next to the airplanes  ✈ 

I suffer from it too, a couple of things that help me. Try a ear wax remover solution, I've read that when ear wax builds up it puts pressure on the ear drum or something and can cause ringing. I think this is my problem because its not constant, but comes and goes. I also sleep with a radio by my head with news or music running very low, but enough to drown it out a bit. It is horribly annoying but you can with some effort as with pain put it to the back of your mind if you try.  

• Like 1