Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

On 1/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, nagachilli2 said:

Great menu...I'd scoff the lot. I love rollmops! 
You do realise any some of our foreign friends here mightn't know what the fuck we're on about 🤣

Actually, I don't. However, if any of you have a good recipe for peanut butter cookies, I'm open to suggestions. Got to make them for grandma's cookie jar so the grand kids know I'm still alive. Grandma's cookie jar is an American custom of which you might not understand.

As for the comments about Italian style food: whatever nationality your are, try to always use home grown Roma tomatoes.

Visiting England is all about judging ales and fish & chips, of course.

• Like 1

The closest thing to a good steak in GB is mutton. 

Let the Brits stick with fish and chips and beer. They know that the best.

Do they still allow the walk up windows with the F&C wrapped in the daily newspaper/fish wrapper? I miss that. The best!

29 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Actually, I don't. However, if any of you have a good recipe for peanut butter cookies, I'm open to suggestions. Got to make them for grandma's cookie jar so the grand kids know I'm still alive. Grandma's cookie jar is an American custom of which you might not understand.

As for the comments about Italian style food: whatever nationality your are, try to always use home grown Roma tomatoes.

Visiting England is all about judging ales and fish & chips, of course.

And if you have time you could always visit Scotland😋👍or Wales or Northern Ireland

13 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

The closest thing to a good steak in GB is mutton. 

Let the Brits stick with fish and chips and beer. They know that the best.

Do they still allow the walk up windows with the F&C wrapped in the daily newspaper/fish wrapper? I miss that. The best!

That was what it's all about, tastes much better...Yes, as far as I'm aware, many still do that 😁

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

That was what it's all about, tastes much better...Yes, as far as I'm aware, many still do that 😁

True story:Many many moons ago late one evening after a few pints my mate and I decided we would get ourselves a chippy.As we approached the shop there was one hell of a Barney going on inside with the result a couple of policeman arrived and ejected a drunk.What happened was the guy had kicked up a fuss because his chips were not wrapped in the local newspaper.The evils of alcohol😁.It actually finished our night of very nicely.👍

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

True story:Many many moons ago late one evening after a few pints my mate and I decided we would get ourselves a chippy.As we approached the shop there was one hell of a Barney going on inside with the result a couple of policeman arrived and ejected a drunk.What happened was the guy had kicked up a fuss because his chips were not wrapped in the local newspaper.The evils of alcohol😁.It actually finished our night of very nicely.👍

Who's Barney? 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

I could not get a "chippy" wrapped in newsprint in 2003. Supposedly newspapers are toxic, although I know as a fact that nearly all printing ink in the US, and probably GB is soy or other vegetable oils. No longer fossil fuels. Yet another great British custom has been destroyed. 😥

Alas, times change. I was also told that an American tourist should not drink too much of the pub ale when visiting, because it was strong. Due to taxation on alcohol content, I found the ales very nice and refreshing, and not nearly as potent as American craft brews. They were mostly damn near buzz-proof.  I really enjoyed it, anyway, and decided that the ales were very fun and the fish & chips were better than 90% of North America's.

I got a British-made IPA called "Spitfire" finally -- excellent -- but that was in the duty-free section of the airport.

(Having brewed beers, my favorite beer has been Theakston's Old Peculiar. I could not replicate it with my equipment. It's awesome. It's peculiar. It should be the UK's national beer. A pint of that and an order of chippy would be just fine. But for god's sake, learn how to make coffee. In return, I'll teach my people how to brew a good cup of tea. I promise. 🙃 )

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I could not get a "chippy" wrapped in newsprint in 2003. Supposedly newspapers are toxic, although I know as a fact that nearly all printing ink in the US, and probably GB is soy or other vegetable oils. No longer fossil fuels. Yet another great British custom has been destroyed. 😥

Alas, times change. I was also told that an American tourist should not drink too much of the pub ale when visiting, because it was strong. Due to taxation on alcohol content, I found the ales very nice and refreshing, and not nearly as potent as American craft brews. They were mostly damn near buzz-proof.  I really enjoyed it, anyway, and decided that the ales were very fun and the fish & chips were better than 90% of North America's.

I got a British-made IPA called "Spitfire" finally -- excellent -- but that was in the duty-free section of the airport.

(Having brewed beers, my favorite beer has been Thickston's Old Peculiar. I could not replicate it with my equipment. It's awesome. It's peculiar. It should be the UK's national beer. A pint of that and an order of chippy would be just fine. But for god's sake, learn how to make coffee. In return, I'll teach my people how to brew a good cup of tea. I promise. 🙃 )

Yes, we have some great beers. I'm a big fan of your IPA's, and we do similar styles over here, Spitfire being a good one

image.jpeg.32ee77698acc06bb33bef91e64fa8e8a.jpeg

• Upvote 1