Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

I'd start with a mixed shellfish salad...Scallops, crab, mussels, oysters and squid...with just a squeeze of lemon

Followed by Duck confit with Dauphinoise potatoes

And Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch sauce to finish

...all washed down with a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of Aussie Shiraz...

I might just about have room for a mini cheeseboard and a glass of Port...:biggrin:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I'd start with a mixed shellfish salad...Scallops, crab, mussels, oysters and squid...with just a squeeze of lemon

Followed by Duck confit with Dauphinoise potatoes

And Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch sauce to finish

...all washed down with a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of Aussie Shiraz...

I might just about have room for a mini cheeseboard and a glass of Port...:biggrin:

Set the standard high why don't you😁

I'm afraid when I get round to doing my menu it won't be half as posh as that😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Ok guys...now the thread's kicked into life again , here's something to ponder over, if you can be bothered...

You're stuck on a desert island, famished to the point of eating your own arm...It would be interesting to know what 3 course meal you would all crave...? A 'Desert Island meal'...

Have a think about it...I will...It's not easy for me, as I like everything edible known to man lol...

Not that fussy what i shove in my gob either Naga 👍 will wait now for some smartass remark from that scottish tosser i suppose :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Set the standard high why don't you😁

I'm afraid when I get round to doing my menu it won't be half as posh as that😁

I bet it'll taste damned good though...I'd be just as happy with a curry or even a fish finger sarny lol, but these are some of my absolute favourites that I don't have very often. Many of my memories of holidays abroad revolve around food...Paella's another dish I could've included 😁

• Like 2

As being in the UK i miss seafood, warm beaches and picking the fish out of the tank and cooked fresh there and then. Snapper with black pepper and garlic, chilli Squid...humm...but as its a desert island i think i would be after a thick juicy ribeye, jacket spud and some fresh veg. Not a starter person but bread and butter pudding, custard with maybe a bit of cream. A beer to help it down...FFS lockdown must end!!!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mspanker said:

As being in the UK i miss seafood, warm beaches and picking the fish out of the tank and cooked fresh there and then. Snapper with black pepper and garlic, chilli Squid...humm...but as its a desert island i think i would be after a thick juicy ribeye, jacket spud and some fresh veg. Not a starter person but bread and butter pudding, custard with maybe a bit of cream. A beer to help it down...FFS lockdown must end!!!!!

B&B pudding's a classic...We rarely eat puds, unless it's a special occasion or dinner party (which I can vaguely remember 😒 ) but we had B&B pudding on Sunday! 😁
Would your steak be medium or medium rare...?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

B&B pudding's a classic...We rarely eat puds, unless it's a special occasion or dinner party (which I can vaguely remember 😒 ) but we had B&B pudding on Sunday! 😁

At most Med Rare but prefer it rare.

Yeah i don bother much with puds, maybe at the weekend

On Nadia bakes she does it with croissants cut up in a dish, lemon curd on and a bit of mixed fruit then some choc chips. Then ice-cream on top and pop in the oven. It turns to custard and is heaven, but the calories...artery closing 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I bet it'll taste damned good though...I'd be just as happy with a curry or even a fish finger sarny lol, but these are some of my absolute favourites that I don't have very often. Many of my memories of holidays abroad revolve around food...Paella's another dish I could've included 😁

Love Paella, you could serve me up as much as that as you like 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Tell you what, i was being a cheapskate the other day and bought some cheap frying steak. Well, cooked it in butter and cooked it quite rare, must admit it was bloody lovely and you get a load of it for a fiver lol. Having said that you can't beat a good ribeye or sirloin.

• Like 2