Nina & Kira (2019) Part #3b

refazer

8 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Well that was very ducking interesting 😀I'll go off to bed now enriched and fulfilled!!!😀😀😀

BAHAHAHA!   You quackin me up over here!  Your pun was so fowl.  Go to bed before I smack you with my mallard.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sturmchaser said:

Seriously?  You don't know what 42 is?  

42 is the Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.  

SOMEone needs to read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.  😉 

OK, I'll bite. Why does Deep Thought think that 42 is the answer to the
"Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", after pondering
over it for 7.5M years?
And, what is the question?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

over it for 7.5M years?

Ahhh, this is the second most ultimate question always asked.  

After 7.5 million years, people forgot the question, so the question remains forgotten.  

Because absurdity.

Deep Thought watched humanity devolve into absurdity over the course of 7.5 mil years.  

Therefore, Deep Thought, not remembering the question itself, provided an absurd answer.  

It's brilliant.  And here we are.  Still mired in absurdity.

There is an incredible play by Samuel Beckett, titled "Waiting For Godot" which illustrates our absurdity even better.   Recommended reading.  

😉 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Ahhh, this is the second most ultimate question always asked.  

After 7.5 million years, people forgot the question, so the question remains forgotten.  

Because absurdity.

Deep Thought watched humanity devolve into absurdity over the course of 7.5 mil years.  

Therefore, Deep Thought, not remembering the question itself, provided an absurd answer.  

It's brilliant.  And here we are.  Still mired in absurdity.

There is an incredible play by Samuel Beckett, titled "Waiting For Godot" which illustrates our absurdity even better.   Recommended reading.  

😉

Great answer!! I haven't read the book. I've never been much on fiction,
although I love watching science fiction, so I might, possibly watch the
H2G2 movie. But, me and British humor never really got along much
(sorry Rob). Thanks. 👍

• Like 1

And the 

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

over it for 7.5M years?

To be read in the voice of the original The Book (Narrator) from the BBC 4 radio series, the late great Peter Jones. 

And so, after much adventure, misfortune, and the most colossally ill-timed destruction of  the planet Earth by the Vogons to make way for a hyper-space bypass, the Magratheans built the Earth Mk ll to provide The Question. The question, as provided by a bag of scrabble pieces and a neanderthalish inhabitant of the giant organic planetary computer customer built for just this purpose was

What is six times nine?

Ultimate Absurdity....

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rtgonzo said:

And the 

To be read in the voice of the original The Book (Narrator) from the BBC 4 radio series, the late great Peter Jones. 

And so, after much adventure, misfortune, and the most colossally ill-timed destruction of  the planet Earth by the Vogons to make way for a hyper-space bypass, the Magratheans built the Earth Mk ll to provide The Question. The question, as provided by a bag of scrabble pieces and a neanderthalish inhabitant of the giant organic planetary computer customer built for just this purpose was

What is six times nine?

Ultimate Absurdity....

999999!! Easy!!!😀😀😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, letsdothis said:

(sorry Rob). Thanks. 👍

Since when did Rob become funny?😀😀😀

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, letsdothis said:

(sorry Rob). Thanks. 👍

If not yet conviced, watch it even just for Alan Rickman. [sigh

Second exhibit: Zooey Deschanel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigmac18 said:

If not yet conviced, watch it even just for Alan Rickman. [sigh

Second exhibit: Zooey Deschanel.

Weird moment - I did not read the novels until around 1990, and when I read Marvin the Perpetually Depressed Robot's lines, I read them in Alan Rickman's voice (I had recently watched Die Hard).  Imagine my shock when THHGTTG movie came out 15 years later in 2005, and Marvin was voiced by none other than - ALAN RICKMAN.  

***SPOOKY****  

• Like 2

Could anyone explain to me exactly what the hell happened at 0243?  Kira leaves the bed and goes to the couch.  Nina follows 2 minutes later, gently talking to her.  Much caressing and love by both.  Does Kira have pain?  A headache?  Did she have a nightmare?  But Nina was taking pictures of Kira at 0253.  Very strange.  But at 0255, BUTCH decides to be Butch and knocks things off the kitchen table and makes noise, and Nina hollers at him.  And then, at 0256, Kira curls up into a ball into Nina's arms.  I have no idea WTF was going on with Kira, but this shot was absolutely perfect and precious.  

This is what love looks like  💗

beautiful.JPG

love.JPG

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

I just watched it all back and cannot see much wrong with this.  It started in the bedroom as Kira was trying to sleep and Nina (surprise, surprise) was on her phone again.  I suspect Kira could sense this and decided to give up and go into the living room.  By the way she was walking and plonked herself down on the sofa, there was no pain, but she did look annoyed.  Afterwards Nina realised Kira had not just popped to the toilet, and came out to investigate.  There then ensued a little forgive and forget and make up session.  That's all.

Later Kira was up and dressed, yes I mean DRESS'ed, her little black dress, with black leggings.  Stood in the Hall and cleaned it all down with the lint roller, put on her coat and boots and picked up her heavy rucksack and departed at 08:21.  I suspect she may be going off for a check up today, which is why she needed her sleep.  The comforting she got from Nina on the sofa could have been reassurance about the outcome for the day. 

Sorry no hard facts just reading the body language, and I think its about the right length of time after her operation for a check up.  Any Russian speakers could give us a clearer idea as to what went on.

2019-11-12 at 06-28-10.png

2019-11-12 at 06-29-14.png

• Like 3