Footy #2

ddhm

Here we go 😁 A bit delayed with the prediction of the first big semifinal , Italy vs Spain , what a class this will be .

Italy , a team without the big stars but with the best “ team” of this tournament . We could already see from the group stage the great chemistry of Mancini’s team and his work as a coach , it is italy’s biggest weapon . It’s obvious that they defend all together , they attack all together , they press , they can create good quality football . From all 24 teams of the tournament , they have the best team chemistry .

Spain are the most offensive team , the most creative .After the first two games they improved very much with their way they try to open the opposite team , they started to search the weaknesses of the opponent and move fast the ball from one side of the pitch to the other . But .. it is also obvious that they have the least reliable defense line of the final 4 teams . 

Pau Tores and Laport are very vulnerable at the self mistake and they can’t support the offensive game of the Spanish . A great chemistry and disciplined team like Italy can take advantage of the defense weakness of Spain and go to the final . 

Spain is the only pure offensive team that continues in this tournament but with the way that they attack , they keep lots of opponent players on the  team’s defense which means that they have to face very close organized defense that even if they create chances , they have difficulties to defeat an organized defense . In this case , there are chances for Italy  for counter attack , especially when they are an organized team like italy , the few chances they will make they have better chances to succeed in comparison to the most chances that Spain can create . 

I go with Italy then in this crucial match , still , a great game to watch . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Here we go 😁 A bit delayed with the prediction of the first big semifinal , Italy vs Spain , what a class this will be .

Italy , a team without the big stars but with the best “ team” of this tournament . We could already see from the group stage the great chemistry of Mancini’s team and his work as a coach , it is italy’s biggest weapon . It’s obvious that they defend all together , they attack all together , they press , they can create good quality football . From all 24 teams of the tournament , they have the best team chemistry .

Spain are the most offensive team , the most creative .After the first two games they improved very much with their way they try to open the opposite team , they started to search the weaknesses of the opponent and move fast the ball from one side of the pitch to the other . But .. it is also obvious that they have the least reliable defense line of the final 4 teams . 

Pau Tores and Laport are very vulnerable at the self mistake and they can’t support the offensive game of the Spanish . A great chemistry and disciplined team like Italy can take advantage of the defense weakness of Spain and go to the final . 

Spain is the only pure offensive team that continues in this tournament but with the way that they attack , they keep lots of opponent players on the  team’s defense which means that they have to face very close organized defense that even if they create chances , they have difficulties to defeat an organized defense . In this case , there are chances for Italy  for counter attack , especially when they are an organized team like italy , the few chances they will make they have better chances to succeed in comparison to the most chances that Spain can create . 

I go with Italy then in this crucial match , still , a great game to watch . 

Having seen the first half, you pretty much called the game 👍. The question is, who is going to get the ONE shot that will win. 

Do you think @Robwin can analyze tomorrow's game for us? 

And Italy scores as I'm typing. (Thank God for replays)

36 minutes ago, albundy1089 said:

Having seen the first half, you pretty much called the game 👍. The question is, who is going to get the ONE shot that will win. 

Do you think @Robwin can analyze tomorrow's game for us? 

And Italy scores as I'm typing. (Thank God for replays)

Only one result i'm afraid,England to win 👍 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to Italy, commiserations to Spain. 

It was a really good game, which I think Spain edged over the 120 mins. It's a shame there was a loser, settled by pens. But you've gotta admire the Italian passion...right from the National anthem to the very end, and Chiellini's a great character...He's class!

Bring on the Danes now...It'll be a very tough game, I just hope we can perform...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

As far as Rio Ferdinand is concerned Denmark and Italy might as well go home now.😬👎

Rio who?...😏

As well as England have played, some are getting a bit carried away. It will be a close tight match tomorrow...

7 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Congratulations to Italy, commiserations to Spain. 

It was a really good game, which I think Spain edged over the 120 mins. It's a shame there was a loser, settled by pens. But you've gotta admire the Italian passion...right from the National anthem to the very end, and Chiellini's a great character...He's class!

Bring on the Danes now...It'll be a very tough game, I just hope we can perform...

Excellent said , you can see the passion in this team and how hungry they are .. we will see and need to think of tomorrow , this isn’t easy for England as the pressure is incredible .. Too much work and visitors on the island , so pity we don’t have the thousands of English people here to watch the game and share the emotions 😔

• Like 1