Footy #2

ddhm

2 hours ago, albundy1089 said:

Having seen the first half, you pretty much called the game 👍. The question is, who is going to get the ONE shot that will win. 

Do you think @Robwin can analyze tomorrow's game for us? 

And Italy scores as I'm typing. (Thank God for replays)

Spain was dominant after a certain period but again , this is football .. overall the most organized team is in the final but today and when it is the Russian roulette , it is just pure luck .. in general , Italy deserved the one spot for the general performance , except the second half with Austria and many periods of today’s game .. but , as good friend nagachilli2 said , the passion of this team is remarkable , they do give 1000% in each game . Not the most talented and one of the most underrated with names “ Squadra Azzura “ but sometimes this is what is needed in such tournaments ..the sparkle and passion to win no matter what .. That was how we , Greece , created the biggest surprise in EUROs by winning in 2004 and also Denmark in 1992 when they gathered from holidays and the beaches to replace former Yugoslavia and they won the trophy  😇

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ddhm said:

La Spagna dopo un certo periodo ha dominato ma, ripeto, questo è il calcio.. nel complesso la squadra più organizzata è in finale ma oggi e quando c'è la roulette russa, è solo pura fortuna.. in generale l'Italia meritava l'unico posto per la prestazione generale, tranne il secondo tempo con l'Austria e molti periodi della partita di oggi.. ma, come diceva il buon amico nagachilli2, la passione di questa squadra è notevole, danno il 1000% in ogni partita. Non è il più talentuoso e uno dei più sottovalutati con i nomi " Squadra Azzura " ma a volte questo è ciò che è necessario in tali tornei .. lo scintillio e la passione per vincere qualunque cosa .. È così che noi, Grecia, abbiamo creato la più grande sorpresa in EURO vincendo nel 2004 e anche la Danimarca nel 1992 quando si sono riuniti dalle vacanze e dalle spiagge per sostituire l'ex Jugoslavia e hanno vinto il trofeo  😇

la spagna e stata grandissima hanno giocato da dio ....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Rio who?...😏

As well as England have played, some are getting a bit carried away. It will be a close tight match tomorrow...

Yeh you have a good chance but at this stage no one can be written off.Spain really took the game to Italy and had chances to score but pens is a crap way to go out.

BTW it's nice to hear level headed comment from an England fan Naga.👍

• Thanks 1

As an American without the heritage of Euro football, I thought todays game was one of the best I have ever watched. Neither team deserved to lose, it's a shame it came down to penalties.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's match and DDHM's preview. One thing I have noticed about England is Raheem Sterling (number 10) and the way he controls the ball. So here's my newbie question; Is he a standout for me to notice him like I have, or average for a top tier forward?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, albundy1089 said:

As an American without the heritage of Euro football, I thought todays game was one of the best I have ever watched. Neither team deserved to lose, it's a shame it came down to penalties.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's match and DDHM's preview. One thing I have noticed about England is Raheem Sterling (number 10) and the way he controls the ball. So here's my newbie question; Is he a standout for me to notice him like I have, or average for a top tier forward?

He has his critics. He does some good things but makes the wrong choice sometimes. But he has had a really good competition so far, so I hope he takes it into tonights game. We have an abundance of really good young creative midfield player, which gives Gareth a problem who to play, albeit a nice problem to have. I'd love to see Jack Grealish play though...he's a huge talent...

Yes, Italy v Spain was a really good game. The skill levels were extremely high, and it was great to admire the respect each team had for each other. The passion was there for all to see, especially from the Italians.
In an earlier match I posted that I was disappointed that none of the Spanish players were singing their National anthem, unlike the Italians who were right into it. Then someone kindly pointed out that it doesn't have any words lol

Embarrassed Hide Away GIF

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

He has his critics. He does some good things but makes the wrong choice sometimes. But he has had a really good competition so far, so I hope he takes it into tonights game. We have an abundance of really good young creative midfield player, which gives Gareth a problem who to play, albeit a nice problem to have. I'd love to see Jack Grealish play though...he's a huge talent...

Yes, Italy v Spain was a really good game. The skill levels were extremely high, and it was great to admire the respect each team had for each other. The passion was there for all to see, especially from the Italians.
In an earlier match I posted that I was disappointed that none of the Spanish players were singing their National anthem, unlike the Italians who were right into it. Then someone kindly pointed out that it doesn't have any words lol

Embarrassed Hide Away GIF

They were humming it!!😋

• Haha 2

So , here we are , penultimate game of this incredible EURO 2020 , after a great and dramatic 1st semifinal between two “ monster “ National teams , it is time for England vs Denmark .. here are the facts ..

England won Ukraine 4-0 and immediately they became the top favorites to be the Champions . They really played an excellent game , generally in the tournament they appear to be very cynical and with a great defensive function and the most important , as the tournament was progressing , better and better by game . Harry Kane finally got moved in the box and started scoring ,Mount showed that he can be the leader in the creation football of England and Sterling  very stable of his role and with a great tournament performance so far . 

Like both semifinals , the final will also be in Wembley , so there’s already a constant why England should be considered a favorite that media is giving to them . But … we are speaking about England , a national team that hasn’t learned succeeding , to be more precise , they are “ trained to fail “ and they haven’t  won any  EURO and generally nothing in every tournament they have participated since 1966 . 

We also have an underdog team that combines many things . The defense line of Denmark consisted of Ker , Vestergard and Kristensen creates security . In midfield the presence of Hoyberg and Dilany are supportive in all of the gaming systems of the Danish . From the two defensive backs , no other team in the tournament has taken more than Denmark from the two backs , Moele and Larsen , then there’s the “demon “ Darmstad who gives aggression  and speed , Breathwate runs very much and he plays on high tense rhythm and whoever playes as a center forward can score , either that being Pooulsen or Dolberg .

In genaral , since Denmark relaxed from the “adventure “with Eriksen and they focused with a new game plan for the tournament , they have scored 10 goals in 3 games . We have then an underdog that knows to defend well and play with agression , they know how to create and score a lot , it makes them a very strong underdog . 

England got the post one impression of the football wold because they scored 4 goals against Ukraine , Denmark scored 4 goals against Russia and Wales and I don’t consider them worse than Ukraine . Also , not  long time ago , September 2020 and October 2020 , England played Denmark twice for the nations league . Denmark didn’t conceive a goal in both games , there was a 0-0 in Copenhagen and they won 0-1 in Wembley . 

I find it extremely rare that England will keep the clean sheet for one more game and that they reach the final without conceiving any goal . I go with Denmark in this one . May the better team wins and let’s all enjoy the classic .

7 minutes ago, ddhm said:

So , here we are , penultimate game of this incredible EURO 2020 , after a great and dramatic 1st semifinal between two “ monster “ National teams , it is time for England vs Denmark .. here are the facts ..

England won Ukraine 4-0 and immediately they became the top favorites to be the Champions . They really played an excellent game , generally in the tournament they appear to be very cynical and with a great defensive function and the most important , as the tournament was progressing , better and better by game . Harry Kane finally got moved in the box and started scoring ,Mount showed that he can be the leader in the creation football of England and Sterling  very stable of his role and with a great tournament performance so far . 

Like both semifinals , the final will also be in Wembley , so there’s already a constant why England should be considered a favorite that media is giving to them . But … we are speaking about England , a national team that hasn’t learned succeeding , to be more precise , they are “ trained to fail “ and they haven’t  won any  EURO and generally nothing in every tournament they have participated since 1966 . 

We also have an underdog team that combines many things . The defense line of Denmark consisted of Ker , Vestergard and Kristensen creates security . In midfield the presence of Hoyberg and Dilany are supportive in all of the gaming systems of the Danish . From the two defensive backs , no other team in the tournament has taken more than Denmark from the two backs , Moele and Larsen , then there’s the “demon “ Darmstad who gives aggression  and speed , Breathwate runs very much and he plays on high tense rhythm and whoever playes as a center forward can score , either that being Pooulsen or Dolberg .

In genaral , since Denmark relaxed from the “adventure “with Eriksen and they focused with a new game plan for the tournament , they have scored 10 goals in 3 games . We have then an underdog that knows to defend well and play with agression , they know how to create and score a lot , it makes them a very strong underdog . 

England got the post one impression of the football wold because they scored 4 goals against Ukraine , Denmark scored 4 goals against Russia and Wales and I don’t consider them worse than Ukraine . Also , not  long time ago , September 2020 and October 2020 , England played Denmark twice for the nations league . Denmark didn’t conceive a goal in both games , there was a 0-0 in Copenhagen and they won 0-1 in Wembley . 

I find it extremely rare that England will keep the clean sheet for one more game and that they reach the final without conceiving any goal . I go with Denmark in this one . May the better team wins and let’s all enjoy the classic .

FFS I assume you live alone.  :dodgy: