Footy #2

ddhm

5 hours ago, ddhm said:

So , here we are , penultimate game of this incredible EURO 2020 , after a great and dramatic 1st semifinal between two “ monster “ National teams , it is time for England vs Denmark .. here are the facts ..

England won Ukraine 4-0 and immediately they became the top favorites to be the Champions . They really played an excellent game , generally in the tournament they appear to be very cynical and with a great defensive function and the most important , as the tournament was progressing , better and better by game . Harry Kane finally got moved in the box and started scoring ,Mount showed that he can be the leader in the creation football of England and Sterling  very stable of his role and with a great tournament performance so far . 

Like both semifinals , the final will also be in Wembley , so there’s already a constant why England should be considered a favorite that media is giving to them . But … we are speaking about England , a national team that hasn’t learned succeeding , to be more precise , they are “ trained to fail “ and they haven’t  won any  EURO and generally nothing in every tournament they have participated since 1966 . 

We also have an underdog team that combines many things . The defense line of Denmark consisted of Ker , Vestergard and Kristensen creates security . In midfield the presence of Hoyberg and Dilany are supportive in all of the gaming systems of the Danish . From the two defensive backs , no other team in the tournament has taken more than Denmark from the two backs , Moele and Larsen , then there’s the “demon “ Darmstad who gives aggression  and speed , Breathwate runs very much and he plays on high tense rhythm and whoever playes as a center forward can score , either that being Pooulsen or Dolberg .

In genaral , since Denmark relaxed from the “adventure “with Eriksen and they focused with a new game plan for the tournament , they have scored 10 goals in 3 games . We have then an underdog that knows to defend well and play with agression , they know how to create and score a lot , it makes them a very strong underdog . 

England got the post one impression of the football wold because they scored 4 goals against Ukraine , Denmark scored 4 goals against Russia and Wales and I don’t consider them worse than Ukraine . Also , not  long time ago , September 2020 and October 2020 , England played Denmark twice for the nations league . Denmark didn’t conceive a goal in both games , there was a 0-0 in Copenhagen and they won 0-1 in Wembley . 

I find it extremely rare that England will keep the clean sheet for one more game and that they reach the final without conceiving any goal . I go with Denmark in this one . May the better team wins and let’s all enjoy the classic .

Good shout my friend...🤣

The better team did win though...😏

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

We were knocking at the door for an hour or so...Yes, a dodgy pen dodgley taken, but we should have had another and we deserved to go through. 1 of the shit ITV panel voted Schmeichel MOM...It was Sterling for me...

Must admit Schmeichel virtually kept Denmark in it but Sterling was on fire 🔥

Once we leveled there was only one side in it really but Denmark played bloody well but ran out of steam in the end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

We are going to have to play a lot better against Italy though!

Do you not think that Denmark's performance had a bearing on how good/bad England played,Italy are certainly not going to sit back and allow England to run riot.It will be a great final between evenly matched teams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Must admit Schmeichel virtually kept Denmark in it but Sterling was on fire 🔥

Once we leveled there was only one side in it really but Denmark played bloody well but ran out of steam in the end.

It's ok pal you listen to Uncle Naga and you'll be fine.😁👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Do you not think that Denmark's performance had a bearing on how good/bad England played,Italy are certainly not going to sit back and allow England to run riot.It will be a great final between evenly matched teams.

Funnily that factor applies in all matches where the winner is generally better than the other. Don't want to run riot, a normal win will be fine Thankyou 🤭👍

39 minutes ago, jjkopite said:

We are going to have to play a lot better against Italy though!

I can't argue with Gareth's team choices, but Grealish draws  so many fouls, and we've shown how dangerous we are from set pieces and crosses...Left, Rt, centre...it doesn't really matter.
The other thing I'd say is that the Italian centre backs, no matter how good they are, are getting on now, and if we can expose them with our pace we might have a chance..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I can't argue with Gareth's team choices, but Grealish draws  so many fouls, and we've shown how dangerous we are from set pieces and crosses...Left, Rt, centre...it doesn't really matter.
The other thing I'd say is that the Italian centre backs, no matter how good they are, are getting on now, and if we can expose them with our pace we might have a chance..

Well i suppose if you want odds you could say 50/50 but i'm inclined to go 60/40 now for England 👍

2 hours ago, albundy1089 said:

Unfortunately I missed the first half, but the second was a stunner. Denmark played with great heart, it was obvious they were gassed at the end and still kept fighting. It was a shame that one team had to lose. (Just like Spain/Italy). 

One thing I can say with confidence is that European "Footie" has a new American fan.

👏👏😇😇

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

We played pretty well and deserved to win. The game transpired as I thought it would...Denmark being hard to break down and very organised, but also dangerous on the break. But we really didn't give them much, apart from that great free kick. I don't think it was a penalty, but Kane should've  had a more obvious one anyway...

I don't think we can beat the Italians though...but it's the final I'd hoped for...😁

Stirling must be 1 of the players of the tournament...I'm wasn't a huge fan before, but he's stepped up to the plate. He was excellent...

It is 51-49 for England because of playing home . On Sunday some thoughts about that game ☺️