B7 - General Topic 2022 #4 (May / June)

16 hours ago, FrankZabba said:

i have asked permission of the mods if i can post an overhead picture of the two villas that should stop all of this discussion.  i am waiting to hear from one of them.

The aerial photo would be helpful.  The issue about the floor-plan is largely due to RLC seems not to adhere to the international standard for floorplans.  The standard is that all floorplans in the Northern Hemisphere are oriented north.  I can't say whether that is the standard in the Southern Hemisphere.  The floorplan for level 2 in B-7 does not appear to follow the standard.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:21 PM, moules said:

Of course, I am like Mad King Ludwig.

Another clue.  The sun never shines on the terrace seen in 4-3 and 4.4.   Very likely there is a terrace or veranda deck above it.

The original owner of B-7 went to great expense developing the site.  The slope of the hill was so steep that much of the hillside had to be excavated to provide a level foundation for the villa itself.  After the excavation, 150-200 (?) square meters of heavy stone retaining wall was installed to prevent the villa from sliding down the hillside, or an adjacent villa from sliding into it.

And after all this expense, the original owner of the villa hen builds himself or herself a penthouse suite with a master bath the size of a broom closet, and a master bedroom with a view of, well, nothing. <<< where B&N sleep.

It's a flat roof with a parapet

4 minutes ago, henrik theis said:

Thats how the big boys excercise!

Speaking of elevators, the elevator doors in B-4 appear to open in different directions compared to what you think you see on the floorplans.  As if the elevator had multiple doors, which would be unusual for an elevator in a villa.     The elevator at level four opens toward the left.  The elevator at level 2 opens toward the right.  The elevator at level one opens facing the camera 

7 minutes ago, moules said:

Speaking of elevators, the elevator doors in B-4 appear to open in different directions compared to what you think you see on the floorplans.  As if the elevator had multiple doors, which would be unusual for an elevator in a villa.     The elevator at level four opens toward the left.  The elevator at level 2 opens toward the right.  The elevator at level one opens facing the camera 

All the openings face the same direction, they are all faced towards the pool / terrace

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moules said:

The aerial photo would be helpful.  The issue about the floor-plan is largely due to RLC seems not to adhere to the international standard for floorplans.  The standard is that all floorplans in the Northern Hemisphere are oriented north.  I can't say whether that is the standard in the Southern Hemisphere.  The floorplan for level 2 in B-7 does not appear to follow the standard.

Ya might want to do some googling earthing for yourself rather than complaining.  These places are well known and easy to locate if you know what you are doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moules said:

maybe i can pm you the address and you will have to look it up for yourself.

1 hour ago, FrankZabba said:

maybe i can pm you the address and you will have to look it up for yourself.

Thank you, but I have now found it after a little help.

About 30 percent of the space in the B-7 villa is not on cam, over 100 square meters.  B-7 is older than B-4, which surprised me.

Bajo - 01  Vivienda 102m²

01º - 01   Vivienda  110m²

02º - 01  Vivienda   43m²

02º - 02  Garaje o Almacén  35m²

02º - 03 Deportivo  32m²

-1º - 01  Garaje o Almacén   54m²

The first three have cams.  The second three do not.  It is possible that the balcony is being categorized as Deportivo, but I don't know Spanish property classifications.

The garage is not really a garage, it is used for storage or another use.  The ramp to the garage from the street is probably used to move large items to and from the villa, when B-4 and B-7 had different owners.  The original owner of B-7 never cut the curb to allow a car to easily access the ramp.   The pedestrian gate to the B-7 villa leads to set of stairs with about 10 steep steps.   You could drive a motorcycle down the ramp, but probably not a car.  So, in theory, you could use the garage as a garage for motorcycles.  The parking terrace between the ramp and the 'garage' is the roof of the terrace seen in 4-3 and 4-4., and probably not built to support the weight of a car.

There are three terraces in the back of B-4:   the first terrace is seen in 5-6.  the second terrace, and the third terraces are below that.  It does not appear that you could access B-4 from the backyard of B-7 using the first (upper terrace) of B-4 which is seen in 5-6.  If after buying B-7, RLC created a connection across the property line between the backyard of B-7, and the middle terrace of B-4, then you could access B-4 that way.  The steps from the upper terrace to the middle terrace and from the middle terrace to the lower terraces are quite steep. 

Someone suggested that when a group left B-7 by the backyard and did not appear in B-4, that they went elsewhere.  It is relatively easy to reach the rear yard of a different villa on a different street from B-7's rear yard.  (B-7's rear yard is not the same as the backyard seen in 4-6.)   However, if the group did this, that would indicate that RLC owns the villa at the rear of B-7.  These two villas were probably built at about the same time.  They both have the decorative stone blocks, which is not typical.

• Haha 1