Thoughts for the day

TBG 150

The number of 20th Century homicides committed, where the victims were not allowed to own weapons (and often, not property or food) is here: https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

In each of the cases listed, the homicides were committed by their own government.

Guns are not the problem, anymore than machetes are in Central Africa. Assholes are the problem, and unfortunately there are still many assholes who hold too much power over law-abiding citizens.

Maybe we should start bitching about North Korean concentration camps, and let us keep our meager political power intact as free law-abiding citizens. That means being able to defend ourselves against the continual encroachment of tyranny, and being able to defend ourselves and other innocent civilians when they are attacked.

I suggest staying away from American "Progressive Democrat" cities like Philadelphia and Detroit, especially if you're white, brown, yellow, or black. They are not normal, the people who commit the crimes are not normal, and they skew the averages. Fuck them.

Be careful, that yonder squirrel you wish to rob or burglarize may very well pack more firepower than you can muster. I just love deterrence...don't you? It soothes my squirrelly wrath.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozi

If you are going to quote numbers at least make ones up that are plausible. A 0.96 % homicide rate for the U.K is nearly 700,000 deaths per year (350 times larger than the number of road deaths).

Yadevol, thank you for picking up the error. These figures are based on deaths per 100,000 people not a percentage. The figures should be .96 per 100,000 and 1.87 per 100,000. I didn't realise I'd added the % mark (force of habit 'cos I work with percentages all day).

So take out the % and the post still works.

• 3 weeks later...

I did try to warn people about this, but I know some will still deny it's happening and claim I don't know what I'm talking about.

It's supposed to be a time of peace and holiday cheer, but less than a week into 2015 Germany is a nation divided.

Overnight, tens of thousands of people in Dresden turned out to rally against immigration and perceived Islamisation of the country, while many more around Germany staged counter-protests and shut down the lights of a number of cities.

The largest protest was held in Dresden, where 18,000 people braved the cold to rally for the “Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the Occident”, or PEGIDA group, chanting “we are the people” and “lying press” while carrying placards reading “wake up”.

muslim_ban.jpg

You don't have to tell me my friend, I see the writing on the wall.

As you now have these sell out politicians that take money from these Islamic groups, and then go about to do their bidding for them. 

Even the enemies of these countries know just how corrupt these traitors truly are.

The whole thing makes me sick!

Fortunately, there are no Islamic terrorists attacking America.

Our attacks were simply disgruntled employees engaged in workplace violence (Ft. Hood), alienated youths (Boston), and pissed off crowds who ran down to Home Depot and bought RPGs in Benghazi after seeing a ridiculous YouTube clip.

We Americans are so happy that The Obama is our leader; and happy that NASA's new mission to operate as a Muslim Outreach program have been so successful.

Many Australians visit Bali, it's a short flight and very cheap, poor man's Asian holiday. It's also part of Indonesia and at the airport on arrival, the information signs are very specific, in plain English, if you are caught with drugs, you could face the death penalty. A few years ago, a group of nine Australians were caught at the airport trying to smuggle heroin to Australia. After a lengthy trial, all were found guilty, with two sentenced to death by firing squad. Both are still on death row, one having lost his final appeal, failing to get a pardon from the Indonesian president. The other will probably suffer the same fate.

Surprise, surprise, today I was branded un-Australian by some unwashed layabout for refusing to sign a petition to have them both returned to Australia. I told him I was pissed off because they wouldn't let me volunteer to be on the firing squad.

Not more than 100 metres from the unwashed layabout, I was stopped by a little old lady collecting money for the recent bush fires that destroyed a few properties in South Australia.

Australia has a wild climate and environment, with severe droughts, massive floods, devastating cyclones  and destructive bush fires. If the elements aren't trying to destroy your property, there always some arsehole trying to steal it. Hence, insurance premiums are very excessive, costing me thousands every year.

When I mentioned to this little old lady that the government was already providing short term emergency funding for these people until their insurance payout came through she told me that many of these families, who live on substantial properties in fire prone regions, with more than average quality homes, do not have insurance.

When I told her I couldn't afford to donate because I spent so much on my insurance premiums so that I didn't have to rely on charity and government handouts I was again told, the second time in only five minutes, that I was un-Australian.

What the fuck is happening to my country?

In reply to Ozi's last post:  "What the fuck is happening to my country?"

We true Americans feel the same way.  And even though I know that you already realize this, I will state this simple truth all the same.    After all, Albert Einstein once said that we should make everything as simple as possible. 

So how's this for simplicity,..     

When a virus or germ invades the human body, the white blood cells don't enter into a conversation with those germs, they simply set out to destroy them.  If they didn't, just as with an AIDS victim, who has no immunity to fight off these deadly entities, you would die.

It is much the same way when it comes to a country.