Thoughts for the day

TBG 150

Your free to believe what you want.  But to me a man should always be able to protect himself, but even more importantly that of his wife and children from those who would otherwise do them harm.   

I'm a man, I can't help it,.. I always have been since my early teens while growing up in Detroit. 

But you don't have to grow up in a shit hole like Detroit to realize that it is always better to learn how to depend upon yourself to protect those that you love, rather than dialing the police, (Another man with a gun) and waiting the sometimes two and a half hours for them to arrive and protect your wife and children.

To me, the man should have been standing much closer to them, and should have been someone that they, (Those that you propose to love) could count on.

Hell, otherwise, maybe your wife should just spend the night with the cop instead, at least she might feel some kind of respect for him. 

Look,.. You'll never understand me, and I'll never understand you. 

But I don't just place those people I care about at the mercy of rapist, kidnappers, or murderers, on the hopes that maybe if you just beg them hard enough they may just be content with depriving you of your own self-respect. 

And your whole logic is faulty.  Drugs are illegal, and yet the criminal always manages to procure them.  And likewise the same with illegal gun purchases.  So why should you be the one that is left totally defenseless, while the rapist, kidnappers, and murders all have guns?      So much for your nonsense of a gun free, safe society. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said, there are hundreds of such cases that the liberal media refuses to report on, because it doesn't fit into their own idiotic agenda.  Thankfully Fox News isn't quite that liberal.

There was this white college kid who was gunned down by these three black boys, and the whole thing was actually captured on a surveillance camera.  (By the way, the Black boys in this case didn't obtain their guns legally)   

Anyway, This is normally the type of news that the news media would celibate over, or would even pay money to show on their evening news cast.  And it took place near the same time as the Travon Martin crap did.  (Oh they had plenty to say about that)

So why didn't they show it, or even mention it?  Why was it necessary for only the conservative talk shows on the radio to break the news?  Because it was a white kid that got killed by blacks, yet again.

But whether the assailant is black, white, green, or polka dot, you have to be able to protect yourself and those of others who might actually call you Daddy, or Sweetheart.    Get it?  My guess is probably not.

If this girl would have been my girlfriend,.. She would still be alive today.  See the difference? 

I was never just some little boy, just skipping down the streets with a daisy grit between my teeth.

I am not some naïve, snot nose little liberal.  I am a man, who actually knows better.

Hopefully concerning this topic, this will be my last comment, as I have no intentions of banging my head against the wall in trying to make some liberal see the light.

But this one is a heart warming story of a 16 year old girl, who remembered what her father had taught her.

She had a baby, and was huddled up in her bedroom closet with her child both frightened and alone when two men had forced their way into her fathers home.

She was on the phone with a 911 operator, who was a woman.  And in a shaky, frightened manner she asked the operator if it was alright to shoot them.  And the woman on the phone said, "You have yourself and a child to look after, and if he comes into your room, you do whatever is necessary to protect yourself."

Her father had showed her how to shoot that twelve gauge shotgun.  And when the asshole came into her bedroom and opened up the closet door, both she and that shotgun both said hello, and blew that cocksucker in half while sending the other creep running for the door.

She was a very good girl,.. She had remembered what her father, (A Man), had taught her. 

I don't give a flying fuck about your bullshit statistics. My first line of defense is myself.  Nuff said.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. And your "defense" can never be wrong and unjustified, because you have the infallible knowledge of the Supreme Court. I guess you are also in favour of death sentence. By the way,I have heard that in the U.S. the members of the Supreme Court are chosen on political grounds - if the conservatives have majority in Senate, that applies to Supreme Court as well. I could never accept political grounds in the judicial system, that is totally against the principles of fair legal processing.

My headmaster taught us that when you swear it shows you have lost an argument!

To summarise your post

Don't use the facts to convince me. My mind is made up.

Happy to be 100 times safer than you without access to a gun

Merry Christmas

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be your wives or girlfriends, or have to depend on you to protect me. 

But then again, you might well be a girl.  And what does a girl do when she meets a person that means her great harm or danger?    Usually nothing, she just screams.  Is that your idea of defense?  Or how about dialing 911,.. I'm sure your attacker will wait for you.

I don't give a flying fuck about your bullshit statistics. My first line of defense is myself.  Nuff said.

Yes, that is exactly the problem. And your "defense" can never be wrong and unjustified, because you have the infallible knowledge of the Supreme Court. I guess you are also in favour of death sentence. By the way,I have heard that in the U.S. the members of the Supreme Court are chosen on political grounds - if the conservatives have majority in Senate, that applies to Supreme Court as well. I could never accept political grounds in the judicial system, that is totally against the principles of fair legal processing.

You don't know what the fuck your talking about.  The Conservatives expect the Supreme Court to uphold the Constitution.  Whereas, the liberals on the court keep trying to legislate through the bench.

The Supreme Court is only supposed to interpret the Constitution, not legislate or make new laws.

You liberals are just a bunch of naïve children.  So infantile, that it's positively scary.

Homicides per 100,000 people using guns

United Kingdom 0.04

United States    2.83

Nuff said

I always find it amusing when people try to rely on statistics for their argument without knowing what they mean.

To start, intentional homicide, as defined by UNODC, is "unlawful death purposefully inflicted on a person by another person". So if someone comes at me with a gun and I shoot him in self defence, that's not homicide. However, if I was unable to defend myself and he did manage to shoot me, that is homicide and the percentage goes up. So arguably carrying a gun reduces the number of homicides.

Using your statistics, the figure for homicides in the UK without a gun is .96% whereas in the USA, its 1.87%. Take away the guns, it's still a violent country to live in. Take away the guns, the homicide rate would rise further. Why? Because the criminals still have guns.

In Australia we now have a new phenomenon, home invasions. Home invasions are not just robbery, they are carried out by criminals knowing that people are home, with the additional intent of causing fear, injury, death and rape. Pure coincidence that these incidents are on the increase since Australia introduced stricter gun controls? I doubt it, it's because the criminals know people can't defend themselves anymore. You could probably find some statistics somewhere to contradict that, but I doubt the many people who have suffered the trauma of a home invasion will believe you. You will also find that these same people who were law abiding citizens and didn't own a weapon because they believed 'the state' would protect them, now own a weapon. Better late than never I guess.

Your rubbery source of statistics doesn't include Russia, which doesn't advertise its problems often. There is data available that indicates that very few of Russia's homicides, double that of the USA, are gun related.

Explain that.

I own weapons and I can access them quickly. I will use them to defend my family. I will not support any government that tries to take those weapons away from me because gun control only applies to law abiding citizens.  I openly advertise the fact that I own weapons, am a member of a sporting shooters association and I am capable of using a weapon. I am an ex serving member but still active with the Army Reserve and pass weapons proficiency tests twice a year. I refuse to become a victim.

And in case you haven't realised, I DON'T live in the USA, but I can see which way my government is taking this country. Large percentages of violent crimes are being committed by minority ethnic groups, allowed to enter the country for so called humanitarian reasons. They have totally fucked up their own countries and now they bring their shit culture here and try to impose it on us. Violence in their countries is part of their culture and the police are powerless to stop it. You had better be prepared to defend yourself and your family because no one else will.