B4 - General Topic 2023 #47 (September)

1 hour ago, DWI said:

Nun, ich stimme mit Ihnen darin überein, dass RLC seine Abonnenten darüber im Unklaren lassen möchte, was tatsächlich vor sich geht ... denn jeder weiß, dass das von Anfang an sein Ding war. Der Name der Website lautet zwar Real Life Cam, aber sie kann nicht „echt“ sein, wenn die Abonnenten die Gespräche nicht verstehen können. Sicher, Sex hat eine universelle Sprache, Gespräche jedoch nicht. Wenn Sie Russisch, Ukrainisch oder Spanisch sprechen, wissen Sie natürlich GENAU, was jeden Tag vor sich geht. Was Ihren Punkt zu den Deutschen und Polnisch sprechenden Menschen betrifft, so habe ich aus meiner Zeit in diesen beiden Ländern den Eindruck, dass viele Deutsche und Polen recht gut Englisch verstehen und sprechen können. Seit den Anfängen von RLC in Russland wurde die Website für Russen erstellt ... was in Ordnung ist ... das ist ihre Geschäftsentscheidung. Aber die Zeiten haben sich geändert und RLC nicht. Sie möchten nicht, dass die Abonnenten wissen, was im Leben ihrer Mieter wirklich vor sich geht. In gewisser Weise haben sie eine Art Sucht für ihre Abonnenten geschaffen. Ich war von Anfang an Mitglied, habe mich aber vor Kurzem entschieden, nicht zu verlängern. Die Qualität der Mieter auf der Website hat sich stark verschlechtert, und für mich ist die Sprachbarriere, die den englischsprachigen Abonnenten absichtlich auferlegt wird, jetzt einfach unerträglich und viel zu frustrierend.

Die Nennung der beiden Länder D und PL war nur spontan, ein Augenblickseinfall . Hätte auch jedes andere Land und dessen Sprache sein können. Aber ich registriere  ja auch, wie sie und viele andere Abonnenten, eine schon länger andauernde Absenkung des Niveaus von RLC und deren MIeter und Mieterinnen. Über die Ursachen könnte man eine mehrseitige Abhandlung verfassen. Das würde hier zu weit führen. Es sind viele . Von politischen bis zu wirtschaftlichen Gründen, veränderte gesetzliche Bestimmungen usw. Ich habe das Thema schon einige Male in meinen Beiträgen behandelt. Ich erhebe natürlich nicht den Anspruch , " die Weisheit mit Löffeln  gefressen "  zu haben aber ich denke doch  daß der Mangel an Frauen und Männern bei RLC die englisch als Muttersprache haben nicht zu den Hauptursachen dieser negativen Entwicklung gehört.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DWI said:

So since the very beginning of RLC in Russia, it was always an illegal website? I don't know about that. It seems to me that it would have been really risky for the Russian tenants to take part knowingly in an illegal enterprise. I do understand the crackdown that occured later when all the apartments were shut down suddenly due to new laws outlawing sexual webcams, but in the very beginning I still think they were legal in Russia. Again, from a business point of view, if the site was targeting Americans why would RLC not want Americans and Europeans to understand some of the conversations? Now, I will admit that maybe none of the early Russian tenants could understand or speak English...we'll never know I guess.

I meant it was illegal in the US.

The Russians as paying customers was not the idea,

it was cheap girls for Western countries.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand your point about it being illegal in the United States.

Below is a Wiki link about a court decision from 2001 involving Voyeur Dorm, a site which preceded RLC and VH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyeur_Dorm,_L.C._v._City_of_Tampa

There was another site called Watchcams, which also started in Florida.  This site opened about the same time as Voyeur Dorm.  The very big difference between RLC and Voyeur Dorm / Watchcams was that subscribers on these early sites could chat with the girls.  Both these American sites started 1998-1999,

The revenue from Voyeur Dorm in 2000 dollars described here.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2000/08/13/adult-web-site-opens-doors-for-owners/

49 minutes ago, moules said:

I don't understand your point about it being illegal in the United States.

Below is a Wiki link about a court decision from 2001 involving Voyeur Dorm, a site which preceded RLC and VH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyeur_Dorm,_L.C._v._City_of_Tampa

There was another site called Watchcams, which also started in Florida.  This site opened about the same time as Voyeur Dorm.  The very big difference between RLC and Voyeur Dorm / Watchcams was that subscribers on these early sites could chat with the girls.  Both these American sites started 1998-1999,

The revenue from Voyeur Dorm in 2000 dollars described here.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2000/08/13/adult-web-site-opens-doors-for-owners/

Not to argue with you, I rather meant that the pressure from

the religious groups doesn't "allow" such activities.

So a European offering of such services is a business model.

19 minutes ago, northguy said:

Not to argue with you, I rather meant that the pressure from

the religious groups doesn't "allow" such activities.

So a European offering of such services is a business model.

The reason there are no longer sites such as Voyeur Dorm in the United States is not because of pressure from religious groups, but probably because of U.S. labor laws. 

The girls working at a site such as RLC in the United States would likely be considered to be employees of RLC, and thus subject to laws covering hours worked, vacation time, overtime, taxes, etc.  In the United states, an employee is treated differently than a person who is categorized as an independent contractor.  Independent contractors are generally exempted from labor laws.

If the girls were living rent-free in a villa such as B-4 in Miami, they probably would need to pay taxes on the value of their employer-provided rent-free residence.

So girls in the United States who might have participated in a site such as RLC, instead appear on sites like MyFreeCam, where they are independent contractors.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, moules said:

The reason there are no longer sites such as Voyeur Dorm in the United States is not because of pressure from religious groups, but probably because of U.S. labor laws. 

The girls working at a site such as RLC in the United States would likely be considered to be employees of RLC, and thus subject to laws covering hours worked, vacation time, overtime, taxes, etc.  In the United states, an employee is treated differently than a person who is categorized as an independent contractor.  Independent contractors are generally exempted from labor laws.

If the girls were living rent-free in a villa such as B-4 in Miami, they probably would need to pay taxes on the value of their employer-provided rent-free residence.

So girls in the United States who might have participated in a site such as RLC, instead appear on sites like MyFreeCam, where they are independent contractors.  

OK, but why haven't the Americans their own RLC,

but instead they watch these European girls.

If RLC makes money, why not just copy the model.

And worker protection is much higher in Europe (Barcelona)

than in the US.