B4 - General Topic 2023 #66 (November)

1 hour ago, moules said:

As for  Lacrim, he clearly buys his clothes at a second-hand shop, which is why he is so au courant in his attire.  <sarcasm>

I can't speak for what is currently fashionable east of the Elbe River, but no grown men are wearing vests in Barcelona.   He owns two suits.  Perhaps, he masquerades as a 20th Century Swiss business tycoon at Halloween parties, when he is not pretending he is member of the local gendarmerie, or showing his queer half.

Lacrim is a very stylish guy. A fashion icon. 😁

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, philo said:

The Bantu hairstyle today, in spite of it's appropriation as high fashion, is a sign of resistance to oppression! It states symbolically: "I know that you don't like the way this looks, but I'm going to wear this style anyway. I do it because I am in solidarity with oppressed people everywhere. Also, I do it because I can, and in doing so I express my own liberation from oppression. Now, the only question is: What can you, my oppressor, do about it?" 

Likely want to figure out who your "oppressor" is in the first fucking place.  Because it's likely in her own head.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, philo said:

The Bantu hairstyle today, in spite of it's appropriation as high fashion, is a sign of resistance to oppression! It states symbolically: "I know that you don't like the way this looks, but I'm going to wear this style anyway. I do it because I am in solidarity with oppressed people everywhere. Also, I do it because I can, and in doing so I express my own liberation from oppression. Now, the only question is: What can you, my oppressor, do about it?" 

Maybe that reasoning why many lesbians/dykes in North America cut their hair in such an unattractive, unflattering manner, shaved on the sides. Val, or Jul, never figured which is which, has that haircut sometimes.