Operating System: Post Q&As, discussion about OS's and updates here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 0:04 AM, StnCld316 said:

Did you ever get your MPC Cleaner problem resolved.

Yes thanks there was a hidden file that allowed me to uninstall it.

now runs no problem without the MPC

Now you know why I like Linux so much. It's easy to clean with a new install, costs no money, and happens quickly.

I wish Win 10 didn't carry over all the problems from Win 7 &  8. I still can't get rid of Zonealarm or McAfee hangover support services. I'd pay the fee to have a clean install of Win 10. But then again, fuck it.

37 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Now you know why I like Linux so much. It's easy to clean with a new install, costs no money, and happens quickly.

I wish Win 10 didn't carry over all the problems from Win 7 &  8. I still can't get rid of Zonealarm or McAfee hangover support services. I'd pay the fee to have a clean install of Win 10. But then again, fuck it.

I have tried Windows 10 four different times over the course of one year  and there is always something that seems to always make me go back to the Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 all features are set by default and some settings cannot be changed. There is always something sending something about your browsing history to Microsoft and that setting cannot be changed. Same as Windows Update you can't disable it.

On Win 8.1 I disable all the features so Microsoft receives no information from me whatsoever.In Windows 10  the System Monitor always showed it was always active even when not in use browsing anything and on Win 8.1 the System Monitor sits idle with no activity.  So that shows Win 10 is sending out info which is compromising your Privacy.

I think Microsoft has something up their sleeve with this Windows 10.  They have been trying to push it on everyone for the last year. Some like it and some don't.  They aren't going to give away this program for free and not get anything in return and lose millions of dollars for it.  I think about October or November  Windows Update will have a download that will make a copy of Win 10 go buggy and basically make people have to do a clean install. So every user if they want to keep Windows 10 will have to buy a Retail Copy once their Free Microsoft handout goes buggy.

The good thing for Microsoft is no user can bring any Legal Action upon them for something they received for Free.

11 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I prefer Win 10 over Win 8 myself. I really liked Win 7, but after a million updates it takes forever to load. Microsoft has a tendency to crappify their systems so you need to move on to their next OS.

Everyone has their own likings of what they prefer. I have had pretty good luck with the win 8.1 so far. The only thing that's annoying is after a clean install Windows Update has about 340 Updates to throw at you. I only download the ones I need like Flash Player Update, IE Update and the Definition Updates for Windows Defender.  I disable the Updates and install what I need Manually and not what Microsoft recommends. For the Basic Home User 340 Updates is not really needed. All they do is basically eat up Valuable Hard Disk space when the computer will run fine without them.  I don't store anything of any importance on my computer so all the updates are not useful for me.  I have 126 Programs installed on my computer and they all work fine. Even my Video Drivers I just stay with the drivers that came on a disk when I purchased the card even though the Manufacturer has had 30 different updates in the last 2 years for the Video Card.  If it works why is an update needed.

41 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I have tried Windows 10 four different times over the course of one year  and there is always something that seems to always make me go back to the Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 all features are set by default and some settings cannot be changed. There is always something sending something about your browsing history to Microsoft and that setting cannot be changed. Same as Windows Update you can't disable it.

On Win 8.1 I disable all the features so Microsoft receives no information from me whatsoever.In Windows 10  the System Monitor always showed it was always active even when not in use browsing anything and on Win 8.1 the System Monitor sits idle with no activity.  So that shows Win 10 is sending out info which is compromising your Privacy.

I think Microsoft has something up their sleeve with this Windows 10.  They have been trying to push it on everyone for the last year. Some like it and some don't.  They aren't going to give away this program for free and not get anything in return and lose millions of dollars for it.  I think about October or November  Windows Update will have a download that will make a copy of Win 10 go buggy and basically make people have to do a clean install. So every user if they want to keep Windows 10 will have to buy a Retail Copy once their Free Microsoft handout goes buggy.

The good thing for Microsoft is no user can bring any Legal Action upon them for something they received for Free.

Once you updated you computer to windows 10 you can reinstall it for free whenever you want. Microsoft Master plan revolves around the new UWP apps and encouraging/forcing people to use their new store so that they get a cut when software/games are bought for Windows 10. Also collecting a lot of data and ads like Google.

10 minutes ago, ericjeanjean said:

Once you updated you computer to windows 10 you can reinstall it for free whenever you want. Microsoft Master plan revolves around the new UWP apps and encouraging/forcing people to use their new store so that they get a cut when software/games are bought for Windows 10. Also collecting a lot of data and ads like Google.

I have a Downloaded Copy of Win10 Pro directly from Microsoft in an ISO Format. I chose not to do it through Windows Update.  So after the offer expires on July 29th your saying I can still install it and it will still operate as a free version if I should chose to use it at a later date past the Free Offer Expiration.

8 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

I have a Downloaded Copy of Win10 Pro directly from Microsoft in an ISO Format. I chose not to do it through Windows Update.  So after the offer expires on July 29th your saying I can still install it and it will still operate as a free version if I should chose to use it at a later date past the Free Offer Expiration.

I am not familiar with that scenario sorry. It should be the same. Ho did you transfer your license from windows 7/8 to 10? It should have given you what they call a lifetime "digital entitlement", you can reinstall windows on your computer without giving a license key and your hardware will be recognized automatically. Apparently however you can't transfer it to a new computer however even if your previous license was retail.

1 hour ago, ericjeanjean said:

I am not familiar with that scenario sorry. It should be the same. Ho did you transfer your license from windows 7/8 to 10? It should have given you what they call a lifetime "digital entitlement", you can reinstall windows on your computer without giving a license key and your hardware will be recognized automatically. Apparently however you can't transfer it to a new computer however even if your previous license was retail.

My first time I installed it I did it with an upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10.   The other 3 times I installed it were by clean installs from scratch and was never requested for a CD-Key but it always Validated as Genuine.

I think just to be on the safe side I have a couple of Hard Drives I don't use. I could always install it on a Hard Drive so it's Validated before the Free Offer Expires.  Then if I ever chose to use it then all I have to do is swap Hard Drives and not have to worry about any hassles with it in the Future.   If it does fail the Validation process I can always download a copy of it via Bit Torrent it comes with all the offline Validation Tools needed to make the O/S Genuine.

Archived