Current Events in the News (commentary) Split #2

How does that win anything? It just says' I say God exists, therefore God exists.' The atheist would surely reply:

1) There is no God

2) Therefore the world exists without having been 'created'

3) Therefore people who explain the existence of the Universe through a creation theory, have also come into existence without having been 'created'

May be there is no creation, maybe its only awareness of it self, Something which is Infinite cannot be 'other than', or 'many', An Infinite Creator knows only Unity. And which god r u talking about.

OMG!!! Stop the presses. I agreed with and 'liked' the posts from both Maturin and Timewarp at the same time.

There is actually hope out there.  :woohoo:

And I stick by this saying...

"Religion is a crutch for the weak minded."

What if all stories of myths and religions are 60-70 percent telling the truth but manipulating the truth, we should change our way of thinking to see unmanipulated truth maybe...Everything in 3rd dimension (density) are illusions and illustrated by the light and time...Check what that song (and many others) telling about

The Law of One

Find light in the beautiful sea

I choose to be happy

You and I

We’re like diamonds in the sky

You’re a shooting star I see

A vision of ecstasy

When you hold me, I’m alive

I knew that we’d become one right away

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays

I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright tonight, you and I

We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Eye to eye, so alive

Shine bright like a diamond

Palms rise to the universe

As we moonshine and molly

Feel the warmth, we’ll never die

You’re a shooting star I see

A vision of ecstasy

When you hold me, I’m alive

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays

I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright tonight, you and I

We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Eye to eye, so alive

We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky

Shine bright like a diamond

EDIT: Quote deleted.

Once I started to see that the Adam and Eve allegory was one of the roots of men's fear of their inability to control their lust, their lament that for all their strength and prowess, they are helpless against the "evils" of the flesh, it all started to fall into place.

When you look at religions through this particular tinted glass, things take on an interesting slant. From Christian fundamentalism to burkas they all have the same decendents.

Not sure how this fits into current events but here I go.

To say categorically that there is no possibility that a creator or creators exist is a ridiculous position as is the converse. However I classify myself as an atheist because I believe it is so unlikely to be true that it is not worth my consideration, just like the committed religious person believes it is true because they see overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

All beliefs are valid even if some of them are dangerous to other people and even themselves so people must accept others' beliefs and not judge them for holding such. However I reserve the right to say I find some of those beliefs abhorrent without fear of someone coming around and murdering me for it. My wish is not to provoke so I'm not saying which of those beliefs fit into that category except to say I find apostasy the hardest to deal with - to demand that people who change their minds should be put to death or otherwise punished is sickening in the extreme and shows a religion which rules by fear not love.

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes, but not your God."

"Maybe I can persuade you?"

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes, but no longer your God."

BANG! "Wrong answer."

Once I started to see that the Adam and Eve allegory was one of the roots of men's fear of their inability to control their lust, their lament that for all their strength and prowess, they are helpless against the "evils" of the flesh, it all started to fall into place.

When you look at religions through this particular tinted glass, things take on an interesting slant. From Christian fundamentalism to burkas they all have the same decendents.

It's no longer Adam & Eve.  In today's society it's Adam & Steve.