Here we piss and moan about CC Mods

2 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Basically some mods want to give a free pass to the individual who repeatedly derails threads and makes the experience of CC crap for everyone else.

It's not about liability, although I think it is about political alignment of some mods with the person who's only goal it seems is to be an ignorant jackass.

I was not reporting him, I wanted to see if there was anything that could be done about this guy before the boards blow up again, obviously this replying mod at least, isn't interested in the health of the boards, so meh, neither am I. Not my chair, not my problem! 😂

I'd suggest to everyone else to just ignore the individual concerned, that's what I'll try to do, even though he makes it very hard when he chooses to directly attack people.

Yep i am stunned by that reply,so much for any order on CC now you just do what you fucking want to eh. Unbelievable. What the hell are the mods doing then for fucks sake? not very much by all accounts.

• Like 1

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot must be getting bored sitting at home. You are looking for a stress release that isn't here.

The Mods are pretty a diverse group. Two are right of center, one is left of center and still another sits on the center line disturbing the shit on both sides.

3 hours ago, Maturin said:

Basically some mods want to give a free pass to the individual who repeatedly derails threads and makes the experience of CC crap for everyone else.

It's not about liability, although I think it is about political alignment of some mods with the person who's only goal it seems is to be an ignorant jackass.

I was not reporting him, I wanted to see if there was anything that could be done about this guy before the boards blow up again, obviously this replying mod at least, isn't interested in the health of the boards, so meh, neither am I. Not my chair, not my problem! 😂

I'd suggest to everyone else to just ignore the individual concerned, that's what I'll try to do, even though he makes it very hard when he chooses to directly attack people.

To be honest, there are 2 specific individuals that turn the coronavirus into political agendas.  It should be obvious who they are. 

(so from now on, I promise to refrain) 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

People do the same thing on the classic car boards. Although it is difficult to separate auto manufacturing and politics, there is always one or two that have to constantly inject partisan politics into the discussion. That starts a blow up and the Mods have to come in for a clean up on aisle 3. It will never change anywhere that you go. Set the offender on ignore and go on with your life. If you feel that you need to read the offenders post, just click the text box and that particular post will appear for you to get all excited about. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:12 PM, Amy3 said:

A moderator who picks sides to their benefit and self interest is not a genuine moderator, just an asshole who wields a hammer. 

Except on CC!

• Like 1

I see the Mods as pretty fair here. 

It was fun to Mod, 5 years ago, now, I wouldn't do it unless I was paid to. Too many constraints against the Mods. Money being constraint #1. Very difficult to delete any supporting member without reasonable cause. Easy to eliminate a freeloader with little forum input.

Sadly, our job as Moderators is to clean up food fights WAY TOO OFTEN.

We also try, with member's help, to ban-hammer spammers so our members don't need to deal with their crap. We also try, also with your observations and support, to block illegal posts. (If you don't know what an illegal post is, get off CC.) You generally won't see this sort of stuff when you log on. But we can't eliminate food fights, and when we step in, we always get plastered from both sides.

Moderators (all of us are devilishly handsome)  and the illustrious and most honored Forum Admin are all just members here. Just volunteers. If you wish to take our place, read the rules, and suggest that you be voted by the members and accepted by Godmin as a replacement for me. That way I'll be able to have fun pestering the Moderators with endless pranks, drivel, and trollish fun. 😁

I'll just leave this beer:

whammyhammer.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Sadly, our job as Moderators is to clean up food fights WAY TOO OFTEN.

You deserve little sympathy. Blame yourself! If you had actually enforced your own rules alittle earlier, and maybe removeed the most notorious trouble makers, it would never even get out of hand as often as it does.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ed2 said:

You deserve little sympathy. Blame yourself! If you had actually enforced your own rules alittle earlier, and maybe removeed the most notorious trouble makers, it would never even get out of hand as often as it does.

the problem is that we should ban everyone in this case, even you

Oldest Internet Rule on the Internet from the days of Usenet: Don't feed the Trolls. They gather like squirrels whenever they get attention and commence to chew up everything in sight.

Scrolling Scrolling Scrolling, keep that mouse a-scrolling!

This is irrelevant, but you must admit it's funky:

11 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Oldest Internet Rule on the Internet from the days of Usenet: Don't feed the Trolls. They gather like squirrels whenever they get attention and commence to chew up everything in sight.

Why not use just a little bait--set a trap --and when you catch the little bastards--relocate them permanently. 😏