Voyeur-House.TV - Part 1

3 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Sorry, typo on #2. I mean could a tenant not have any free cams?

3# See you didn't understand my questions from weeks ago. You could have asked for me to clarify. Here goes. We know that a free pays 0 even when a subscriber watches it. So why would a tenant have a free cam in an area where action takes place if there is a chance that a subscriber, unbeknownst to them, was watching from free cam. Put it this way. Violet used to have 2 free cams. One in the kitchen and one in the living room. Now that Mira took away their free living room cam if action happens in the living room is it better to have 2 pay cams and 1 free cam or 3 pay cams?

2. Yes, tenant can have no free cams

3. Simply because subscribers choose better, paid angle to watch the stream. There may always be a share of subscribers who watch action from free cams, but that's a on-purpose flaw by design accepted both by participants and us. 

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

4. What purpose do the free cams serve? They certainly don't serve the tenant unless you can delude yourself into believing that an admiring non subscriber would subscribe only or at least mainly to watch that tenant. My point is that the free cams serve the greater good of VH, not the tenant. So, if one tenant can point their free cam at the wall, why should the other tenants be downgraded to be bait or advertising status for the good of the rest of the tenants? Surely you wouldn't allow all of the tenants to disable their free cam. Would you?

I believe I answered the first part of this question here 

As for allowing closure of all free cams - it's all possible. For sure it would cut off the influx of yet-to-become subscribers, but if we're going to close all the free cameras, we would change the way we introduce future viewers to locked features. That's absolutely doable, but not yet planned. 

If a tenant can have no free cams why would they even pay for a cam that will never pay them anything? 

Maybe because newcoming viewers are able to see what they're missing on locked cameras within given apartment? They subscribe to see them all and participants are getting paid for these premium views. 

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

You see the problem is that it's fucking stupid for a tenant to have free cam. I hope they are listening! For example, Darcie has a free kitchen cam. It's the only cam in there so that no matter what she does there she will never ever get paid. It's utterly stupid to have a free cam there.

So, what is your suggestion? Counting premium viewers watching free cameras? Why would premium user pay for something that free user doesn't? What is the point?

From participant point of view it's similar to investment in making a preview of what their life is. We don't see anything bad here, as it's kinda essential thing, and participants are fully aware of what's being steamed and which way too

• Like 2

So, in other words do what Camarads does and have timed free viewing of certain cams. That's not a bad idea. Could be better implemented, but as long as you were in control of the free cams that serve the purpose of winning new subscribers and it was fairly implemented across all apts it could work. 

I agree it's not bad idea, but we will work something more clever and convenient for everybody indeed. 

1 minute ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, for starters the tenant should get paid for free cam views by a subscriber. That's a no brainier.

I named the reasons we won't change it now, just cause subscriber won't pay for what free user gets... For free. 

And that is no brainier indeed, but for us and our participants.

4 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Of course the know, but it is utterly stupid for a tenant to stream a free cam. It makes no sense. 

I can't continue flaming on this, Amy, I'm sorry. I have already replied to messages like this one above and won't keep on doing it, cause it really makes no sense in doing so. 

Everything works on agreements. Participants agree to the terms given. Viewers agree to the terms given upon visiting or subscribing. And that stays unchanged. Terms change, though. 

• Like 5

Thank You James,

I am sure all the members of this forum appreciate the time you have spent answering their questions. I hope their input was beneficial, and it was time well spent for you. We look forward to the next time you have few extra minutes, and again you can correspond with the members of the forum. 

Rider

• Like 2