Nina & Kira - General Chat Topic (2018)

Some times I wish I lived closer to them so I could pop round and sort them out!  NO! not like that!  (That avenue was closed to me some years ago, and after the events of the last year, probably permanently). :sad:

What I mean is fix things for them.  The ceiling lighting in the living room.  Could just be a blown fuse or trip switch.  Put the fascia back on the dishwasher.  Put the drawer front back on the cutlery drawer. ::)

Fix the kick plates under the kitchen cabinets, so they do not keep falling down.  Plus, anything else they think need fixing.  BUT alas I do not live close enough, nor can I help them like that. :sad:

Now.  It is rumoured that they read comments on CC.  So girls how about a little "self help".  Next time you are in IKEA, get yourselves a little storage cabinet/box that you can stand that annoying lamp on to lift it above your eye level.  Because it cannot be good for you being that low.  You get a bit more storage, for the same footprint on the floor and please everyone else.   Check to see if the clips are broken on the Kick plates and get new ones.  Invest in a little drill/driver to tighten up any loose screws on the kitchen cabinets.

Honest it will only cost a few (roubles) dollars.  A few hours of your time and it will improve your lives immensely.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, le5b05 said:

Some times I wish I lived closer to them so I could pop round and sort them out!  NO! not like that!  (That avenue was closed to me some years ago, and after the events of the last year, probably permanently). :sad:

What I mean is fix things for them.  The ceiling lighting in the living room.  Could just be a blown fuse or trip switch.  Put the fascia back on the dishwasher.  Put the drawer front back on the cutlery drawer. ::)

Fix the kick plates under the kitchen cabinets, so they do not keep falling down.  Plus, anything else they think need fixing.  BUT alas I do not live close enough, nor can I help them like that. :sad:

Now.  It is rumoured that they read comments on CC.  So girls how about a little "self help".  Next time you are in IKEA, get yourselves a little storage cabinet/box that you can stand that annoying lamp on to lift it above your eye level.  Because it cannot be good for you being that low.  You get a bit more storage, for the same footprint on the floor and please everyone else.   Check to see if the clips are broken on the Kick plates and get new ones.  Invest in a little drill/driver to tighten up any loose screws on the kitchen cabinets.

Honest it will only cost a few (roubles) dollars.  A few hours of your time and it will improve your lives immensely.  :biggrin:

...or RLC should pay those fixes from our generous memberships :dodgy:

While being at it, also have a look at the deteriorating carpet in the bedroom.

Funny, I have the exact same problem with the kick plates in the kitchen... Thanks Le5B05 for the suggestion :-)

• Like 2

100% right about the bedroom carpet.  It's the cats that do that damage.   Might also be better for their aching backs if they bought a memory foam mattress topper.  They are even cheap enough over here in the UK.

RLC will not pay for the repairs until they really, really have to. :sad:   Profit before anything else is the usual mantra.  If/when there is a tenant change, then they'll do a "refurb".  Until then, the absolute minimum.  :sad:

I've fought these sort of battles with management all my life.  So the above stands.  Self help is the way forward.::)

• Like 3

I think it's time to actually think about how to resettle the girls, I think a change of scenery will benefit for their relationship, I would be perfectly happy if there was a new camera, in other places, nice and beautiful apartment, with good interior, perfect would be a fireplace and a fluffy rug around, I think it also would have affected their sex lives, everywhere, heat, light, beautiful, 
RLC think of it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Roksis said:

I think it's time to actually think about how to resettle the girls, I think a change of scenery will benefit for their relationship, I would be perfectly happy if there was a new camera, in other places, nice and beautiful apartment, with good interior, perfect would be a fireplace and a fluffy rug around, I think it also would have affected their sex lives, everywhere, heat, light, beautiful, 
RLC think of it.

I think you may be right.  Whilst I like the intimacy of their present apartment.  It is clear that they have outgrown it and need more space.  Maybe soon RLC will consider this.  ::)

• Like 1

OK!  I think what they need is a larger apartment that is warm everywhere.  I have noticed that their Kitchen and hallway appears cold at times.  More rooms, and more cameras I am in favour of.

I LOVE the idea of a fireplace and fluffy rug. :biggrin::heart::biggrin:

Yes, now it is pointed out to me.  I can see how their present apartment could inhibit their sex life.  Maybe that is why we do not get to see much lately.  :blush:

So if a new apartment improves on this.  Then I am  absolutely in agreement in this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, le5b05 said:

Hello Barry.  How are you?  Not heard from you for a while.  Now come on you two, behave. ::)  You know what I mean.

Just trying to bring a little balance to the negativity and grumbling that there is so much of around here :o)

• Like 3

I agree with you that another apartment could benefit the girls, but i think it would be a little strange, at least the first times, to see they in another housing context, I'm so used to see this apartment, i'd miss it :cry:

however, i've always wondered one thing about it: how the hell can design an apartment in which you have to go from the bathroom to access the bedroom? I'm not an architecture expert, but it's very strange for me :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1