Veronika & Lucius, Rocky

Yep! There is no doubt that gays cannot earn enough to survive here anymore. But, it also seems to be the case that even bisexual behavior is a viewer killer too. No one does it anymore. 

People like to say that VHTV has something for everyone. Nope, they don't and it seems to me that the market is driving the site into particular types of tenants. Don't get me wrong I'm not slamming them anymore for it. The viewers are getting what they are demanding. It's just interesting to me to watch as certain types people are no longer viable. 

According to my scale a 1-2 type tenant cannot survive here any more unless they have another source of money and they are their own managers and then it's very little. 

3 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Yep! There is no doubt that gays cannot earn enough to survive here anymore. But, it also seems to be the case that even bisexual behavior is a viewer killer too. No one does it anymore. 

People like to say that VHTV has something for everyone. Nope, they don't and it seems to me that the market is driving the site into particular types of tenants. Don't get me wrong I'm not slamming them anymore for it. The viewers are getting what they are demanding. It's just interesting to me to watch as certain types people are no longer viable. 

According to my scale a 1-2 type tenant cannot survive here any more unless they have another source of money and they are their own managers and then it's very little. 

exactly what would be neccessary. the gay apts would have to be their own managers & their own cameras & not have to depend on vh for $ at all. that's the only way that they would be able to just be themselves. then in theory they would be viewed by the gay audience & possibly draw more subs & more $ since they would have no overhead. that could lead to more viability as the pressure to make $ immediately would be gone & could encourage other gays to join vh. there definitely would be room for more tenants since vh apparently isn't going to put a cap on the number of apts.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

exactly what would be neccessary. the gay apts would have to be their own managers & their own cameras & not have to depend on vh for $ at all. that's the only way that they would be able to just be themselves. then in theory they would be viewed by the gay audience & possibly draw more subs & more $ since they would have no overhead. that could lead to more viability as the pressure to make $ immediately would be gone & could encourage other gays to join vh. there definitely would be room for more tenants since vh apparently isn't going to put a cap on the number of apts.

Yep! That's the only way possible now. Can't see it happening though. My hope for a transgirl are even less hopeful. Unfortunately, the ones who are their own managers tend to not be sex crazed maniacs. Money! That's just how it works. 

I guess the bisexual stuff was also a real turn off. Rick is gone, and Henry and Otto are straight again. I've heard about other people on VH who are bisexual, but they haven't come out either  I'm sure VHTV isn't shutting them down, it's gotta be the risk of losing viewers. 

Another point.  VHTV is too expensive to attract a gay audience.  If VHTV wants the pink pound  then it has to earn it.  Pay nearly £40 a month for  viewing 2 apartments?   That was just never going to work.    The bi adventures of Henri and (especially) Otto kept me viewing for a while but, once again...£40 a month is way too expensive for what is on offer here.  Zack and Blond's muscle-bound dumb-jock bromance is mildly titillating but getting old now.  My opinion, the audience is there for gay/bi men apartments but VHTV  has not got a clue how to tap the market.  Having said that,, I wonder if Russia's anti gay laws might have something to  do with born-again straightness of a few of the VHTV male occupants?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lorna Doom said:

Dean and Jason had a bi-curious moment?  I must have totally missed that.  Is it in the archives?  I'd like to get some value for the money I have wasted on this site.

Yes, Dean has had some bro-love encounters, but I seriously doubt any of that was captured for the archives. 

Trust me VH was provided ample information about what it would take to maintain gay apts. They abandoned that whole idea though. I can almost 100% assure you that it was due to a lack of viewers. The gay apts did terribly unfortunately. I will grant you that the ones they hosted had many problems on their own, not the lest of which was the knife attack. But still the numbers just were not there to support it. 

Like Golfer said, the only hope left is for a gay tenants to put themselves up as managers and have second incomes to survive. Not likely to happen. 

But still, the question remains, why did Otto and Henri stop being bisexual? Must be the views and the money. 

19 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Can you think of any other reason that would explain in it? It is very odd that there is none anymore. It all seems to have stopped right around the same time. I just can't see VHTV telling them to stop. It's weird that's for sure.

Also, when did Henri's get changed to Henry?

I don't know, maybe the views dropped off, compared to their usual numbers, when there was any bisexual activity. Hasn't it always been Henry? Shows you how much I pay attention 😁

13 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, Dean has had some bro-love encounters, but I seriously doubt any of that was captured for the archives. 

The party where Dean & Jason gave each other brief hand jobs is in the archives. Then Candy went ballistic the following week when Dean & Courtney left the apartment together while she was asleep and when they came back Courtney and her had a falling out and they were never invited back, signalling the end of D & J brief bi-curious phase 😥

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broxman said:

I don't know, maybe the views dropped off, compared to their usual numbers, when there was any bisexual activity. Hasn't it always been Henry? Shows you how much I pay attention 😁

I seem to recall his original name as Henri, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Anybody want to go hunting?😁