Middle East War Reporting

itsme

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

So those who pay insurance subsidise those who don't isn't that the same as our NHS? Though in our case its paid for through taxation and if you are the low paid who don't pay tax the ones who do pay tax are subsidising them. So why not just do it, like us, through taxation. Same result in the end surely or am I missing something.?

Because we don't want government running our healthcare system.  And if we can ever get true competition among insurance companies, drug manufacturers, hospitals and doctors we will be able to lower healthcare costs in the U.S.  We would have taken a big step toward that end had not the asshole John McCain voted no on the healthcare reform bill in the U.S. Senate. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because we don't want government running our healthcare system.  And if we can ever get true competition among insurance companies, drug manufacturers, hospitals and doctors we will be able to lower healthcare costs in the U.S. 

A nice sentiment but totally will never happen because your insurance companies are making a big fat profit out of people's health which is obnoxious. As long as they can rip you off they will so costs will never lower as it's all being driven by their shareholders who inevitably need to make money.

Just now, Robwin said:

A nice sentiment but totally will never happen because your insurance companies are making a big fat profit out of people's health which is obnoxious. As long as they can rip you off they will so costs will never lower as it's all being driven by their shareholders who inevitably need to make money.

Not if there is true competition among insurance companies. That's why health insurance companies should be allowed to compete for customers across state lines which they are not allowed to do right now. Also, under Obamacare everyone gets the same healthcare plan, rather than insurance companies being allowed to offer numerous different plans to cover the needs of their customers. I am a 73 year old male. If I were to buy an Obamacare policy I would be forced to buy a policy that includes maternity care for me. Does that make sense?

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Not if there is true competition among insurance companies. That's why health insurance companies should be allowed to compete for customers across state lines which they are not allowed to do right now. Also, under Obamacare everyone gets the same healthcare plan, rather than insurance companies being allowed to offer numerous different plans to cover the needs of their customers. I am a 73 year old male. If I were to buy an Obamacare policy I would be forced to buy a policy that includes maternity care for me. Does that make sense?

I have news for you...insurance companies compete only on coverage cost.  Actual payout is inconsistent and messy.  So while you might get lower premiums due to "competition"...the subjectiveness of medicine will always allow them to fuck you over.  

8 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Yeah well dream on, balance sheets will always win in the end. As the old saying goes.......Business is business. Over and out 👍

3 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah well dream on, balance sheets will always win in the end. As the old saying goes.......Business is business. Over and out 👍

If people are so happy with how government runs things, why are people always complaining about government?  The difference between America and the UK is that  you trust in government and we trust in the private sector. Time will tell which is better.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If people are so happy with how government runs things, why are people always complaining about government?  The difference between America and the UK is that  you trust in government and we trust in the private sector. Time will tell which is better.

Lol people will always complain even when they are right, just human nature. As they say you can please some people some of the time but not all the people all of the time. 

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

You are totally ignorant of medical care in the U.S. No one in the U.S. is refused medical care when they go to a hospital. If people don't have the income to pay insurance premiums nor pay out of pocket for their medical treatment they are covered by Medicaid.

The US HC system is not fair to everyone...so much for freedom.

WWW.EUREKALERT.ORG

American cancer survivors, particularly those 64 years or younger, faced substantial medical financial hardship and sacrifices in spending, savings...

"Participants detailed the effects of their cancer, cancer treatment, and how their cancer experience has affected their finances, health insurance coverage, and employment status. Financial hardships included problems paying medical bills, financial distress, or delaying or forgoing medical care due to cost concerns. Financial sacrifices due to cancer included changes in spending and use of savings as a result of cancer treatment and its lasting effects.

Because people over the age of 65 years are generally eligible for Medicare insurance coverage, Han and colleagues examined results for adult survivors under and over the age of 65.

Results: Of the 401 cancer survivors aged 18 to 64 years, 54 percent reported they had faced medical financial hardship as a result of cancer diagnosis and treatment, and 54 percent said they had made financial sacrifices in spending, savings, or their living situation. Nearly a quarter reported trouble paying medical bills, needing to borrow money, or filing for bankruptcy due to cancer diagnosis and treatment. More than 40 percent were worried about finances and almost 30 percent were worried about forgoing or delaying care because of cost concerns.

Of the 562 cancer survivors aged 65 years or older, medical financial hardship and sacrifices were less prevalent; 42 percent reported ever facing medical financial hardship, and 38 percent said they had made financial sacrifices."

10 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

The US HC system is not fair to everyone...so much for freedom.

WWW.EUREKALERT.ORG

American cancer survivors, particularly those 64 years or younger, faced substantial medical financial hardship and sacrifices in spending, savings...

"Participants detailed the effects of their cancer, cancer treatment, and how their cancer experience has affected their finances, health insurance coverage, and employment status. Financial hardships included problems paying medical bills, financial distress, or delaying or forgoing medical care due to cost concerns. Financial sacrifices due to cancer included changes in spending and use of savings as a result of cancer treatment and its lasting effects.

Because people over the age of 65 years are generally eligible for Medicare insurance coverage, Han and colleagues examined results for adult survivors under and over the age of 65.

Results: Of the 401 cancer survivors aged 18 to 64 years, 54 percent reported they had faced medical financial hardship as a result of cancer diagnosis and treatment, and 54 percent said they had made financial sacrifices in spending, savings, or their living situation. Nearly a quarter reported trouble paying medical bills, needing to borrow money, or filing for bankruptcy due to cancer diagnosis and treatment. More than 40 percent were worried about finances and almost 30 percent were worried about forgoing or delaying care because of cost concerns.

Of the 562 cancer survivors aged 65 years or older, medical financial hardship and sacrifices were less prevalent; 42 percent reported ever facing medical financial hardship, and 38 percent said they had made financial sacrifices."

Did it say whether or not they had insurance before becoming ill with cancer?   And that's with the present healthcare system which Trump and the Republicans are trying to correct, and I thought Obamacare was suppose to solve all those problems.

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Did it say whether or not they had insurance before becoming ill with cancer?   And that's with the present healthcare system which Trump and the Republicans are trying to correct, and I thought Obamacare was suppose to solve all those problems.

Not a reader are you?

"Author's Comments: "Overall, health insurance coverage is critically important for cancer patients and survivors," said Han. "Even those who had private insurance coverage reported financial hardship, suggesting that the types of coverage and extent of patient cost-sharing are important too.""

9 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And how long are people in the UK on a waiting list for needed medical treatment?

In Canada, if you need a hernia or some other non-life threatening surgery...up to six months.  Heart attack, Cancer...etc.  No wait at all.

• Like 1