Middle East War Reporting

itsme

30 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

I happen to agree...I like Trump's honesty.  I like people who tell the truth and are not agenda driven.  Obama, while seemingly a nice guy and well spoken was a media and celebrity sensation.  He was terrible for Canada and set our economy back years by not approving those pipelines.  At the same time he was approving other pipelines every day while maintaining his persona as some kind of environmentalist.  Trump...well he just bulldosed his way through NAFTA and other trade agreements without consideration.  He helped trudeau get re-elected again.  

Obama came from the state where I live. While in our state legislature he was an unknown nobody who had no real accomplishments as a legislator. He then became a U.S. Senator from this state by using dirty politics to take out his Republican opponent (Jack Ryan) prior to the general election. Obama again was a big nobody in the U.S. Senate from 2005 thru 2008. His biggest claim to fame was the 2004 speech he gave to the Democratic National Convention. If Barack Obama had been a white man with his resume he would have been laughed off the stage when announcing he was running for the Democrat presidential nomination against Hillary Clinton. If he were not Black he would have never even beat Hillary in the primary let alone becoming president. The color of his skin protected him through the presidential elections and through his eight years in the White House. People were afraid to criticize him for fear of being branded a racist.  Barack Obama was a little boy who pretended to be president for eight years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The NHS is doing fine thanks for all who need and use it, may I add, for free. Yes if you can afford to go private, which is the same the world over, you have the freedom to do what you like. But for 99% of the uk population the NHS is free for all when needed.

Free? You mean the doctors, nurses, and administrators work for free and it costs nothing to operate the hospitals and clinics?  And all the medications just appear out of thin air for free? Utopia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The NHS is doing fine thanks for all who need and use it, may I add, for free. Yes if you can afford to go private, which is the same the world over, you have the freedom to do what you like. But for 99% of the uk population the NHS is free for all when needed.

Not in Canada...no private health care

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Free? You mean the doctors, nurses, and administrators work for free and it costs nothing to operate the hospitals and clinics?  And all the medications just appear out of thin air for free? Utopia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to be a well read guy and you know fine well what Rob was saying.I'll bet you know exactly how our wonderful NHS is operated and funded.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

One thing that our American friends don't understand...we don't complain about our health care system.  When i'm in the US it's all I hear.  If yours is so great, why the complaints?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Now you are being just plain awkward and silly. The NHS is funded out of general taxation so it you want to be technical about it, no it is not free in that sense. But we,the general public, can receive medical care for whatever medical reason without having to find funds out of our salaries. Whether it be minor problems,heart attacks, cancer or whatever without any fear of having to find £1000's of pounds additionally from our savings. Now is that clear enough for. In addition we do not have to fear even losing our homes to pay for care which I understand can happen and does, in america.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

One thing that our American friends don't understand...we don't complain about our health care system.  When i'm in the US it's all I hear.  If yours is so great, why the complaints?

Personally, I have no complaints about my healthcare plan, but my plan is totally separate from Obamacare. Obamacare was set up to fail in hopes that Americans would become so frustrated that they would want the government to take over and institute a single payer system. A government run single payer system was always the goal of Barack Obama, but he knew he could never sell that to the American people; so he opted for this sneaky round about way to bring about a single payer plan.

12 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Now you are being just plain awkward and silly. The NHS is funded out of general taxation so it you want to be technical about it, no it is not free in that sense. But we,the general public, can receive medical care for whatever medical reason without having to find funds out of our salaries. Whether it be minor problems,heart attacks, cancer or whatever without any fear of having to find £1000's of pounds additionally from our savings. Now is that clear enough for. In addition we do not have to fear even losing our homes to pay for care which I understand can happen and does, in america.

So you just pay for your medical care in advance whether you need medical care or not.  Your healthcare system sounds a lot like the U.S. Medicaid plan which covers people who can neither afford health insurance nor pay for their medical treatments. People don't lose their homes if they have private insurance to cover catastrophic health costs. To have or not have insurance is a personal decision, if you want to take that chance. 

• Confused 1