Middle East War Reporting

itsme

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

So you just pay for your medical care in advance whether you need medical care or not.  Your healthcare system sounds a lot like the U.S. Medicaid plan which covers people who can neither afford health insurance nor pay for their medical treatments. People don't lose their homes if they have private insurance to cover catastrophic health costs. To have or not have insurance is a personal decision, if you want to take that chance. 

The NHS is nothing like your so called Medicare. Our system is a fully comprehensive free at the point of return for ANY medical emergency we have whatever the problem is and however complicated it may be. Your country you either have insurance or you don't be it on your own head. There is no worry about any insurance in the UK whatever your medical problem is and aftercare is all included. If you can't see the difference well that's your problem not mine.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

So you just pay for your medical care in advance whether you need medical care or not.  Your healthcare system sounds a lot like the U.S. Medicaid plan which covers people who can neither afford health insurance nor pay for their medical treatments. People don't lose their homes if they have private insurance to cover catastrophic health costs. To have or not have insurance is a personal decision, if you want to take that chance. 

I could explain it all to you in comparitive detail but I think the easiest way would be for you to Google "The NHS and how it works".

What I will say is the NHS has nothing at all to do with not being able to afford or an inability to pay.Wealthy or poor we all receive the same level of care.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

People don't lose their homes if they have private insurance to cover catastrophic health costs. To have or not have insurance is a personal decision, if you want to take that chance. 

So you admit that health costs are catastrophic and you have to choose whether or not you can afford insurance. Thankfully the UK takes care of ALL of its people without anyone having to worry if they can afford it or not which seems to be a more humanitarian way of caring for it's people than the USA seems to have.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Robwin said:

So you admit that health costs are catastrophic and you have to choose whether or not you can afford insurance. Thankfully the UK takes care of ALL of its people without anyone having to worry if they can afford it or not which seems to be a more humanitarian way of caring for it's people than the USA seems to have.

Same way here in Germany and I guess in most other European countries. And for example Germany started to paying back its national debt while the USA continue to make more and more debts...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Be honest...cause you are sounding like every other well employed/pensioned/financially secure US person I have spoken to.  When you consider employment...a health care plan is often up there on the priority list.  No HC plan...not gonna take the job.  Similarly, chronic illness/disability or past history will also prevent employee movement.  Too often I hear from people who say there is no HC issue because THEY have a plan.  They either have the ability to pay for one or they have one in their comp plan at work.  A family of 4 will cost an employer about $25k per year on average.  That's with the $500/month paid by the employee.   Deductibles can be as much as $8k per year.  Sorry but the over priced Insurance/pharmaceutical/Medical lobby based US HC system is not the utopia that you present.  When I'm in the US, I'm shocked to see hospitals that looked like Taj Mahals ...palaces with landscaping, fountains, billboards advertising services and countdown clock for average wait times...lol.  The price for all that is not cheap.  I have many work friends who have relocated to the US most of eventually them come back...all of them say the same thing...the reality is that it all costs one way or another...either taxes or as in the US, premiums and taxes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

You totally distorted everything I said. 

57 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Be honest...cause you are sounding like every other well employed/pensioned/financially secure US person I have spoken to.  When you consider employment...a health care plan is often up there on the priority list.  No HC plan...not gonna take the job.  Similarly, chronic illness/disability or past history will also prevent employee movement.  Too often I hear from people who say there is no HC issue because THEY have a plan.  They either have the ability to pay for one or they have one in their comp plan at work.  A family of 4 will cost an employer about $25k per year on average.  That's with the $500/month paid by the employee.   Deductibles can be as much as $8k per year.  Sorry but the over priced Insurance/pharmaceutical/Medical lobby based US HC system is not the utopia that you present.  When I'm in the US, I'm shocked to see hospitals that looked like Taj Mahals ...palaces with landscaping, fountains, billboards advertising services and countdown clock for average wait times...lol.  The price for all that is not cheap.  I have many work friends who have relocated to the US most of eventually them come back...all of them say the same thing...the reality is that it all costs one way or another...either taxes or as in the US, premiums and taxes.

Most of the increased costs are the result of Obamacare which Republicans tried to undo and replace with a better and less expensive system, but your buddy John McCain with his decisive vote shot down the plan in the Senate.  So John McCain screwed the American people just to spite President Trump.

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Most of the increased costs are the result of Obamacare which Republicans tried to undo and replace with a better and less expensive system, but your buddy John McCain with his decisive vote shot down the plan in the Senate.  So John McCain screwed the American people just to spite President Trump.

That's horseshit...you are being disingenuous on costs.  While premiums may have increased under Obama's plan, the over all cost of HC in the US is the problem.  None of them are doing anything about that.