Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

I can't speed.  The thing only goes 12 mph. and that's only when I am not carrying anything. When I go grocery shopping the extra weight slows it down. It only has a weight capacity of 350 Pounds, once I get seated 300 Pounds is already used.   

Maybe you need a new user name--StnCldFatBoy 😏

5 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I have a medical condition that makes me larger than I should be.  

I was not making fun of you---it was a pun on HarleyFatBoy screen name--sorry if I offended you in any way. 🙏

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

That Q-runner has back up camera, sun roof, heater, roll down windows, only thing i don't like is a top speed of 18 mph, should be at least 30 mph

When I qualify for another new one I'll look into getting one.

• Like 1

Scientists say the coronavirus is not mutating quickly and might respond to a single vaccine

Scientists studying the novel coronavirus' genetic code say it does not appear to be mutating quickly, suggesting any vaccine developed for it will likely remain effective in the long term. 

Peter Thielen, a molecular geneticist at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, told The Washington Post that the strains of the virus infecting people in the U.S. have only about four to 10 genetic variations between the strain that emerged in Wuhan, China.

"That's a relatively small number of mutations for having passed through a large number of people," he told the newspaper. "At this point the mutation rate of the virus would suggest that the vaccine developed for SARS-CoV-2 would be a single vaccine, rather than a new vaccine every year like the flu vaccine."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thestarider said:

Scientists say the coronavirus is not mutating quickly and might respond to a single vaccine

Scientists studying the novel coronavirus' genetic code say it does not appear to be mutating quickly, suggesting any vaccine developed for it will likely remain effective in the long term. 

Peter Thielen, a molecular geneticist at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, told The Washington Post that the strains of the virus infecting people in the U.S. have only about four to 10 genetic variations between the strain that emerged in Wuhan, China.

"That's a relatively small number of mutations for having passed through a large number of people," he told the newspaper. "At this point the mutation rate of the virus would suggest that the vaccine developed for SARS-CoV-2 would be a single vaccine, rather than a new vaccine every year like the flu vaccine."

Garbage.  Where do you get this inaccurate info from?  It's irresponsible and patently false.

2 hours ago, Thestarider said:

That's good news I guess. I am happy we have people doing research in labs like crazy these days 👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is from a friend of from High School:

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first. Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships” GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week. Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers. Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.” Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community. NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.” Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”. Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients. We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

You’ve got two Democrat Governors getting told “We will make it happen” by a Republican President who has fought with them for three and half years. While the media keeps repeating itself, “We are a nation divided.”

What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!

• Like 4