Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

6 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

A week ago for our City they said there was 25 Cases.  Out of those only 3 were Positive and one of them being listed as Critical the other 2 were sent home to self isolate. They didn't go into any detail of whether these were travel related or not.  So for a Population of 100,000, 3 is a very low number. Our City is now shutdown and only Essential Services are the only ones allowed to remain open. Other than that Governments are making people feel like they are a Leper.

i have the chance to live in one of the department the less infected in france there is only 11 official cases tested  for the moment (probably much more in reality) and one death but i know in many other departments there is thousands of cases  and hundred of deaths

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, firewall said:

i have the chance to live in one of the department the less infected in france there is only 11 official cases tested  for the moment and one death but i know in many other departments there is thousands of cases  and hundred of deaths

There are quite a few within our province that have it but if you look at the geographical areas they are mostly in Metropolitan Areas.   One good thing one can go out and not have to breathe in all the Smog that once filed the air.  Air Pollution should be at an all time low worldwide.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Our City is now shutdown and only Essential Services are the only ones allowed to remain open. Other than that Governments are making people feel like they are a Leper.

Appreciate your point but governments are only imposing these stringent measures for the good of everybody who have been lucky to have escaped the virus so far. But all these efforts are being destroyed by the many irresponsible selfish bastards who seem to think they are immune and who continue to congregate and mingle despite all the warnings. These people seem to be mostly in the big towns and city's, why they think they are so special beats me but they are endangering the whole of society. Out in the rural towns and villages the public are acting very responsible, yes a few odd muppets but generally they are being brilliant and ones that can are helping many others especially the aged ones. How this will end god knows but at least I'm still here making myself often a pain in the ass 😁👍

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Appreciate your point but governments are only imposing these stringent measures for the good of everybody who have been lucky to have escaped the virus so far. But all these efforts are being destroyed by the many irresponsible selfish bastards who seem to think they are immune and who continue to congregate and mingle despite all the warnings. These people seem to be mostly in the big towns and city's, why they think they are so special beats me but they are endangering the whole of society. Out in the rural towns and villages the public are acting very responsible, yes a few odd muppets but generally they are being brilliant and ones that can are helping many others especially the aged ones. How this will end god knows but at least I'm still here making myself often a pain in the ass 😁👍

this is why i am happy in this period to live in my small rural city of 2000 people very far a the big city, we have not this type of specimen here, exept some cats you will not meet alot of people here during the day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I can still go out and about.  Being on a Mobility Scooter and riding in the bicycle lanes keeps me far enough away from anyone walking the sidewalks. A person would go nuts being cooped up inside for weeks on end.   After this is all done the Psychiatrists will be doing a brisk business.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firewall said:

this is why i am happy in this period to live in my small rural city of 2000 people very far a the big city, we have not this type of specimen here, exept some cats you will not meet alot of people here during the day

Yeah I am in a small southern town in the UK which I an thankfully I am now. Your town of 2000 we would call a village @firewall which I a similar size as where I was from originally which is only about 24 miles from where I am now. Lets all hope we both come out the other side all in one piece eh pal, it may be a pain in the ass staying in most of the time but hopefully we will both be ok. keep smiling eh 👍 at least we have a fair size back garden we can escape to for the fresh air and sunshine, oh and my precious koi fish 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I can still go out and about.  Being on a Mobility Scooter and riding in the bicycle lanes keeps me far enough away from anyone walking the sidewalks. A person would go nuts being cooped up inside for weeks on end.   After this is all done the Psychiatrists will be doing a brisk business.   

You stay safe pal and no speeding you bugger though I doubt if you are that able to 😁👍

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah I am in a small southern town in the UK which I an thankfully I am now. Your town of 2000 we would call a village @firewall which I a similar size as where I was from originally which is only about 24 miles from where I am now. Lets all hope we both come out the other side all in one piece eh pal, it may be a pain in the ass staying in most of the time but hopefully we will both be ok. keep smiling eh 👍 at least we have a fair size back garden we can escape to for the fresh air and sunshine, oh and my precious koi fish 😁

this is the only bad point it's i have no garden for take the fresh air and the sun from the house but i don't  want to complain when i see all theses people living in their big tower with their children, i can go ouside 1 hour per day if i want for walk it's not a very hard containment for my part

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robwin said:

You stay safe pal and no speeding you bugger though I doubt if you are that able to 😁👍

I can't speed.  The thing only goes 12 mph. and that's only when I am not carrying anything. When I go grocery shopping the extra weight slows it down. It only has a weight capacity of 350 Pounds, once I get seated 300 Pounds is already used.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, firewall said:

here in France they are talking about maybe 6 weeks of lockdown, for the moment we enter in our second week, we are good for all the month of april probably

Boris is gonna review the current situation in 3 weeks time, to see if it's working. Personally I think he'll need to tighten screw well before then, judging by all the people going to work on the London Underground this morning...😒

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Boris is gonna review the current situation in 3 weeks time, to see if it's working. Personally I think he'll need to tighten screw well before then, judging by all the people going to work on the London Underground this morning...😒

keep us informed if he tighten screw in the next days (metro,parks,open market...)