Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

12 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Not worth reading now the whole topic is just fucked up by mindless crap.

I reply to all the attacks on Trump by Europeans and other non-Americans and I, the Yank, am the fault of the thread going to hell?  If all the comments on here were anti-Trump you would have no problem with people talking about Trump.

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Another thread fucked up by the yanks which has resorted to a bloody Trump rant. Not worth contributing anymore. Typical.

Considering Covid-19, politics will play a decisive role in the coming weeks and months. 

Extremely large amounts of money are being set in motion. Where the stock markets panic at first, share prices suddenly go up again. In the end, this crisis may make some people even richer than they were before, while the community is suddenly faced with an even greater mountain of debt. At the same time, Politicians make decisions that restrict personal freedoms, at a level which in free countries may only happend in times of war before. Restrictions, some of which have extremely different effects on the individual population groups. 

I think this topics might fit into this thread.

45 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

All that video clip did was prove Trump changed his attitude as he learned more about the coronavirus which is the intelligent thing to do. How many European leaders also changed their opinions as they learned more about the disease?  And it is true, you do not want a cure which is worse than the disease. Time will tell whether closing down our economy was worse than the disease. Maybe we could have done something other than shutting down the economy that would have been even more successful. 

Time cannot tell, because the measures will have prevented the worse from happening. 

I strongly think that these extreme measures were necessary to avoid overloading the hospitals. I also think that better ways will be found in the medium term. Soon the time will come when the measures will be changed. It is important here that the goal of not overburdening the hospitals remains in place. 

For Germany, there will soon be an app which will allow to trace contact with sick people. If enough people can be found to install this app, this could be an essential part of the solution. However, it is also likely that large-scale events will no longer be possible for a much longer period of time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Time cannot tell, because the measures will have prevented the worse from happening. 

I strongly think that these extreme measures were necessary to avoid overloading the hospitals. I also think that better ways will be found in the medium term. Soon the time will come when the measures will be changed. It is important here that the goal of not overburdening the hospitals remains in place. 

For Germany, there will soon be an app which will allow to trace contact with sick people. If enough people can be found to install this app, this could be an essential part of the solution. However, it is also likely that large-scale events will no longer be possible for a much longer period of time. 

When they had the Spanish Flu back in 1918 it took almost 2 Years before economies got back to some sort of normal.  Sending people to work to soon will be a big disaster and bring on a second wave which will be bigger than the first.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

Another thread fucked up by the yanks which has resorted to a bloody Trump rant. Not worth contributing anymore. Typical.

Hate to tell you, but this current rant as you call it was not started by the Yanks, but these fine people

23 hours ago, Alladino said:

Well, that is different with Trump. The first time I saw him, I thought he is an idiot. Today, I still think the same. 🤣 

Anyway, I have no idea what you have to criticize about Dr. Fauci. He proceeds systematically and is currently a very needed source of reliable information. Of course he can't do magic, but unlike Trump he never claimed to be able to do so. 

14 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Trump has that part down pat.  :biggrin:

13 hours ago, SierraTM said:

I really pity any American who listens to what Trump has to say about the virus.

He screwed up big time and now he is finding all ways to blame others for his mistakes.

If you need a leader who will lead you to bury your family and friends, that is if you do not go down before them, Trump is your guy.

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Hate to tell you, but this current rant as you call it was not started by the Yanks, but these fine People

Trump, without any expertise in the field and obviously against the advice of his experts, stands in front of cameras and starts to recommend medication, I will call him an idiot.

The fact that I consider Trump an idiot in general, obviously does not fit into this thread. That's true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of idiots. I just read an article by CCN posted on MSN that claims just smoking a little pot causes complications with the coronavirus. But when the governors closed down businesses in their states almost everyone of them allowed pot shops to stay open as an essential business.:huh::confused:

5 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

That is such a stupid remark.:biggrin:

Not really...The disputedly most powerful man in the world shouldn't really be posting a shitload on Twitter, should he...?

Having said that, I've got his IG, if anyone's interested...His 'Stories' is pretty interesting...😏

• Like 1