Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

You didn't have a problem with "going off subject" when you decided to criticize me.

I have criticized your way of rejecting any news about Covid-19 that do not fit your bias. That's something I've often noticed with a lot of Trump followers. They live in a self created news bubble. 

Anyway, I got a question for you: In an official Covid-19 press conference, Trump suggested that it might be useful to inject disinfectants into Covid-19 patients. He also said some nonsense about treating people with strong UV light (also "inside the body"; however that is supposed to work). We are in a worldwide crisis and this asshole steps in front of the cameras with such a ridiculous bullshit talk. Do you think this is a useful contribution to the fight against Covid-19? 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I have criticized your way of rejecting any news about Covid-19 that do not fit your bias. That's something I've often noticed with a lot of Trump followers. They live in a self created news bubble. 

Anyway, I got a question for you: In an official Covid-19 press conference, Trump suggested that it might be useful to inject disinfectants into Covid-19 patients. He also said some nonsense about treating people with strong UV light (also "inside the body"; however that is supposed to work). We are in a worldwide crisis and this asshole steps in front of the cameras with such a ridiculous bullshit talk. Do you think this is a useful contribution to the fight against Covid-19? 

Like this sparky...do some fucking research before attacking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Don't know, I didn't watch the news conference that day. To me it all sounds like a big to do about nothing.   I'm more concerned about China and the World Health Organization not giving much more advanced and accurate warning to the world about the coronavirus. Their failure to do so most likely  caused many more deaths. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Don't know, I didn't watch the news conference that day. To me it all sounds like a big to do about nothing.   I'm more concerned about China and the World Health Organization not giving much more advanced and accurate warning to the world about the coronavirus. Their failure to do so most likely  caused many more deaths. 

Frankly, I do not see what it changes to know now, the most urgent is what is happening in each country and how to minimize the loss of life and how to fight the virus
You have to have priorities and at the moment I do not feel that it is the right one in place

7 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Frankly, I do not see what it changes to know now, the most urgent is what is happening in each country and how to minimize the loss of life and how to fight the virus
You have to have priorities and at the moment I do not feel that it is the right one in place

But you never fail to criticize Trump's past actions. That's not being very consistent.  

52 minutes ago, Alladino said:

You clearly didn’t actually listen to Trump’s press conference, Trump did not suggest you inject Lysol into your body. Not once did he suggest that. He asked the research team if there was something we could inject that would cleanse the body of the virus similar to cleaning products. If you read this parallel comparison and understood it as inject Lysol, this is a problem. Some facts to consider while calling this president a moron: Many of you inject Botox to fix your faces. Botox is a poison. Many people are saved from chemotherapy, which is a poison. This poison cleanses the body of cancer cells and makes you very sick. A similar drug cleanser is not a dumb idea, but an idea that clearly has been used before for both saving lives and avoiding wrinkles, yet you compare his idea to injecting Lysol. Heat and light also have a history of saving lives. Heat kills the flu as we see every spring. Light is used in radiation therapy, again to kill cancer. Light therapy is also used to help with depression.These suggestions for research is what you should be looking at as hope, but instead you look to mock and dismiss as dumb, and that is seriously a tragedy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

But you never fail to criticize Trump's past actions. That's not being very consistent.  

I never talked about him before this virus story so your comments are rather wrong
I know where my place is, I'm French, so American politics, I don't really care, for me the politicians are all the same, if it was for the good of the people that they are fighting to have the highest place, it would be known :biggrin:
However, the virus is a global problem where you cannot do or say anything because there is an emergency

Looking for an excuse where the virus may come from will not solve the immediate problem that everyone has in their own country
In France, like in many other countries, we are in need of masks, tests, respirators, but as far as you do not see the politicians said to the whole world that it is the fault of China that we are bad prepare to fight this virus
We can blame it on ourselves and our government, which has mistreated health services over the years by reducing posts and stocks of equipment
If we had all this in sufficient quantity, we would be like the Germans, we would have very few deaths, which is not the case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

You clearly didn’t actually listen to Trump’s press conference, Trump did not suggest you inject Lysol into your body. Not once did he suggest that. He asked the research team if there was something we could inject that would cleanse the body of the virus similar to cleaning products. If you read this parallel comparison and understood it as inject Lysol, this is a problem. Some facts to consider while calling this president a moron: Many of you inject Botox to fix your faces. Botox is a poison. Many people are saved from chemotherapy, which is a poison. This poison cleanses the body of cancer cells and makes you very sick. A similar drug cleanser is not a dumb idea, but an idea that clearly has been used before for both saving lives and avoiding wrinkles, yet you compare his idea to injecting Lysol. Heat and light also have a history of saving lives. Heat kills the flu as we see every spring. Light is used in radiation therapy, again to kill cancer. Light therapy is also used to help with depression.These suggestions for research is what you should be looking at as hope, but instead you look to mock and dismiss as dumb, and that is seriously a tragedy.

For what it's worth, I find that his questioning about what he heard shouldn't be done in front of the cameras with millions of Americans watching him
How many will have understood its clumsily and who will ingest this kind of product thinking that it will save them from the virus?
He made the same mistake before when he communicated about chloroquine which has caused death self-medication

He is the most important man in the united states, and because of this, he has a duty to be careful what he says, because people are very influential in the end, just see the answers from Ridgerunner to confirm it :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

Let's be serious, I've seen the press convergence.  Meanwhile Trump tried to talk his way out of this bullshit by saying it was ment sarcastic. Sarcastic in a Covid-19 press converence ...

Now you can decide. Either Trump, in a Covid-19 press convergence, misrepresented a thought so badly that it could only be misunderstood, or he tried to be sarcastic. I think he picked up a few fragments of ideas before the press convergence, didn't understand them and then tried to play the big hero anyway. You know, there is an election at the end of the year.

In the end, once again, Trump just caused confusion. The more he interferes in this crisis, the more damage he causes. What a loser. 

• Like 3