Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

Incredible 😞

More Americans died of covid-19 than in the Vietnam War

More Americans died from the coronavirus than in the Vietnam War, according to data compiled by the leading Johns Hopkins University.

A total of 58,365 people died in Covid-19 in the country, the most affected on the planet. A total of 58,220 American soldiers lost their lives during the Vietnam War (1955-1975), according to the official report published at the National Archives.

6 hours ago, moos54 said:

Incredible 😞

More Americans died from the coronavirus than in the Vietnam War, according to data compiled by the leading Johns Hopkins University.

A total of 58,365 people died in Covid-19 in the country, the most affected on the planet. A total of 58,220 American soldiers lost their lives during the Vietnam War (1955-1975), according to the official report published at the National Archives.

These were the final stats for yesterday's (4/28) reporting period. And,
today the US will have more than 60,000 dead. So sad.

image.thumb.png.969259c96e923e0fac757b275aa38e11.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, moos54 said:

Incredible 😞

And this is a great indication of trying to invoke fear from the reporting agencies( I do not know what media source you reference)--but how about a different angle--one that would not be reported cause it is not inflammatory enough

and does not put forth the left agenda: 

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years --more than from Covid 19 to date. 

1 hour ago, happyone said:

And this is a great indication of trying to invoke fear from the reporting agencies( I do not know what media source you reference)--but how about a different angle--one that would not be reported cause it is not inflammatory enough

and does not put forth the left agenda: 

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years --more than from Covid 19 to date. 

it is called simply making an observation of events and allows you to put the effects of the covid in a certain context
This disease has just claimed more victims in 1 or 2 months than a war that lasted 20 years
this allows things to be put into perspective and one thing is certain without the measures which have been taken, this number would have been worse than that of a simple flu, it would be time to stop veiling the face

According to the calculation models in France, containment measures would have saved at least 60,000 people, so if we adapt this in the United States, I think you can multiply by 4 or 5 this number

this is not intended to instill fear, especially since it is a simple interpretation of the figures made in the French media, for example here, they compared the number of deaths of the covid exceeding that of the big heat wave that we had lived in 2003 and that had also done a lot of harm for the elderly

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moos54 said:

it is called simply making an observation of events and allows you to put the effects of the covid in a certain context
This disease has just claimed more victims in 1 or 2 months than a war that lasted 20 years
this allows things to be put into perspective and one thing is certain without the measures which have been taken, this number would have been worse than that of a simple flu, it would be time to stop veiling the face

According to the calculation models in France, containment measures would have saved at least 60,000 people, so if we adapt this in the United States, I think you can multiply by 4 or 5 this number

this is not intended to instill fear, especially since it is a simple interpretation of the figures made in the French media, for example here, they compared the number of deaths of the covid exceeding that of the big heat wave that we had lived in 2003 and that had also done a lot of harm for the elderly

Then why not report the comparison of the flu in one year vs Covid19 in 4 months???  The numbers  in that certain context reflecting deaths in Vietnam vs Covid19 are a lot more alarming than the other way.  That is exactly what

the media wants to demonstrate and not just an observation.  Again, calculations can be made all day long, but if the numbers are misconstrued or not accurate, then neither are the results of those calculations. 

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Yeah, a disease that was inflicted on the world and the U.S. by China with the help of the incompetence of the World Health Organization.  "containment measures would have saved at least 60,000 people, so if we adapt this in the United States, I think you can multiply by 4 or 5 this number?"  How could the U.S. have saved 4 or 5  times 60,000 when so far we have lost only a little over 60,000? :huh::confused:

10 minutes ago, happyone said:

Then why not report the comparison of the flu in one year vs Covid19 in 4 months???  The numbers  in that certain context reflecting deaths in Vietnam vs Covid19 are a lot more alarming than the other way.  That is exactly what

the media wants to demonstrate and not just an observation.  Again, calculations can be made all day long, but if the numbers are misconstrued or not accurate, then neither are the results of those calculations. 

I don't work in the media so I can't tell you why
In this kind of work, they often like to make comparisons on significant events, so it is easier to do it with a trying war like that of Vietnam rather than to do it with the figures of the flu which returns each year.
Especially that in the end, it was proven that the covid was much more deadly than the simple flu
By the way, doctors are discovering new effects related to covid every day because we don't really know what it does yet, but apparently it can do a lot of harm in any healthy person or not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I don't work in the media so I can't tell you why
In this kind of work, they often like to make comparisons on significant events, so it is easier to do it with a trying war like that of Vietnam rather than to do it with the figures of the flu which returns each year.
Especially that in the end, it was proven that the covid was much more deadly than the simple flu
By the way, doctors are discovering new effects related to covid every day because we don't really know what it does yet, but apparently it can do a lot of harm in any healthy person or not

I think it is not because it is easier, because it is just as easy to use the simple flu as a comparison--a more recent and comparative event.  And as for proving that Covid19 is much more deadly--that has not yet

been proven, as the testing has not yet been completed and may not be totally accurate. 

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Yeah, a disease that was inflicted on the world and the U.S. by China with the help of the incompetence of the World Health Organization.  "containment measures would have saved at least 60,000 people, so if we adapt this in the United States, I think you can multiply by 4 or 5 this number?"  How could the U.S. have saved 4 or 5  times 60,000 when so far we have lost only a little over 60,000? :huh::confused:

yes you are right, this disease comes from an international plot , I seem to be reading Trump's words :angel:

are you sure you didn't test the various health solutions said by your president too?

Do you really want me to teach you how math works?
We are 67 million in France against 328 in the United States, I just compare with the difference in population
But it's true that if we take the mortality figures we should rather be on a multiplication between 3 or 4, which always makes a lot of deaths

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

yes you are right, this disease comes from an international plot , I seem to be reading Trump's words :angel:

are you sure you didn't test the various health solutions said by your president too?

Do you really want me to teach you how math works?
We are 67 million in France against 328 in the United States, I just compare with the difference in population
But it's true that if we take the mortality figures we should rather be on a multiplication between 3 or 4, which always makes a lot of deaths

Moos--the mortality figures are not correct----not enough data to be accurate..  Everyone else has made that relatively clear in this thread as well as those outside who have

compiled and referenced the data that say it is incomplete-so the final determination has not yet been made.