#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

9 hours ago, Robwin said:

What the fuck as to where i live got to do with it. Its bad enough seeing and reading about it without needing living with it to realise that many of these protestors are just thugs using it as an excuse to riot and destroy things that seem to offend their ideal world. I have had family living up in Birmingham for many years that we have often stayed with and believe you me i have seen all i want to see thank you very much. There is no excuse at all for what is happening now and it certainly isn't helping their cause or helping to promote congenial living between races. They are doing more damage towards multiculturalism than helping.

Ok pal calm down,I think you know exactly what I was getting at.Of course if you had taken time in your previous posts to mention that you've had first hand experience of racism in Birmingham then Somerset wouldn't have been mentioned.I certainly don't condone the behaviour of the protesters,they are going about this in the wrong way and criminal damage is a crime,end of but these "protests" are also a vehicle for anarchists to further incite violence and disorder but nothing new there.What I will say is that in all my years on god's earth I have never given a thought to this statue thing that's cropped up.Mega rich colonialists making fortunes from slavery among other things.Once again I don't condone the vandalism at all but I do get their point.Just ask local government to remove these insults to human decency.

Are we still pals😀😀😀👍

Edited by Dave 27
Mistype

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Ok pal calm down,I think you know exactly what I was getting at.Of course if you had taken time in your previous posts to mention that you've had first hand experience of racism in Birmingham then Somerset wouldn't have been mentioned.I certainly don't condone the behaviour of the protesters,they are going about this in the wrong way and criminal damage is a crime,end of but these "protests" are also a vehicle for anarchists to further incite violence and disorder but nothing new there.What I will say is that in all my years on god's earth I have never given a thought to this statue thing that's cropped up.Mega rich colonialists making fortunes from slavery among other things.Once again I don't condone the vandalism at all but I do get their point.Just ask local government to remove these insults to human decency.

Are we still pals😀😀😀👍

I think that the local government in Bristol had been asked numerous times and that there were active campaigns running to get rid of the statue.

There were no black hats and bombs at the removal of the Colston statue. Just ordinary people adding their voices to history.

"Criminal damage is a crime" doesn't add anything. So is speeding, but if I had an injured child in my car I might speed and care not a jot whether my speeding was "condoned" or not.

The people have spoken.

• Like 2

Dave and Robwin et al... You have seen nothing in the UK, compared to the likes of our major city shitholes. Come on over and take a stroll through New York City, Philadelphia,  Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, etc...  

If you get through the first city on this list alive, you will try and swim back across the Atlantic to get home. You won't even wait for a plane.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Dave and Robwin et al... You have seen nothing in the UK, compared to the likes of our major city shitholes. Come on over and take a stroll through New York City, Philadelphia,  Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, etc...  

If you get through the first city on this list alive, you will try and swim back across the Atlantic to get home. You won't even wait for a plane.

Hi TBG,I did gently try and suggest to Rob that we ain't seen nothing over here but if you read my post to him and his reply you'll see he shot me down in flames.However I'm a big boy,I can handle it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Hi TBG, well many years ago we travelled the whole of the west coast and must admit never saw any animosity between races but admit we were seeing the places only tourists see. We loved the american people and we were only received in glowing terms. I think since then multiculturalism has received a great downturn mainly due i think to the rise of many protest groups who seem to be doing themselves no favours by their attitudes today which is a great shame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

I didn't get involved because what happened in Bristol is like every Friday night in the Bigg Market in Newcastle before lockdown...😁

Careful you're getting near Dave's proximity you'll get the bugger worried if you ain't careful 🤣😁

• Like 1