Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

12 minutes ago, maxfactor said:

Nonsense...I've lost two friends to it.  It's deadly to some people.  If you want to take a chance on whether you are lucky or not, then be my guest

How old were your friends and did they have any pre-covid-19 medical conditions?

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

How old were your friends and did they have any pre-covid-19 medical conditions?

Ridge...you continue to seek comfort in statistics.  Both of my friends were 60.  One was a type II diabetic. (so is Tom Hanks) and died on a ventilator...the other was a bit over weight (gosh i don't know anybody like that) and died of a heart attack after covid caused his blood to thicken.  Think what you want and continue to hide behind stats, but if you get it, and it's very possible that you might, then good luck!  I'm not willing to take a chance on the odds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxfactor said:

Ridge...you continue to seek comfort in statistics.  Both of my friends were 60.  One was a type II diabetic. (so is Tom Hanks) and died on a ventilator...the other was a bit over weight (gosh i don't know anybody like that) and died of a heart attack after covid caused his blood to thicken.  Think what you want and continue to hide behind stats, but if you get it, and it's very possible that you might, then good luck!  I'm not willing to take a chance on the odds.

I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. All I am trying  to do is get more firsthand knowledge about the disease. At  age 74 I realize that I am in the high risk group, so I take precautions (mask, social distancing, and spending most my time alone at home), but I don't believe healthy younger people should be prevented from working and living normal lives. Protect the most vulnerable and allow everyone else to live normal lives.

• Like 1

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

I'm sorry about the loss of your friends. All I am trying  to do is get more firsthand knowledge about the disease. At  age 74 I realize that I am in the high risk group, so I take precautions (mask, social distancing, and spending most my time alone at home), but I don't believe healthy younger people should be prevented from working and living normal lives. Protect the most vulnerable and allow everyone else to live normal lives.

The issue with younger people is that they can pass it on easily.  I am very worried about the economy...trust me!  My son has lost his job and it will not come back any time soon (or ever if they don't find a cure).  Masks do help...staying away from crowds and confined spaces where people congregate such as bars, concerts and sports events.  In short, common sense will see us through.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

The thing is, everyone is vulnerable. No matter the age, race, or sex. I am overjoyed that I can continue my general work schedule. I work alone 95% of the time. The 5% of the time I'm near anyone it's just to sign my paperwork and I get off of the property. If I must wear a mask to get into a grocery store, so be it. I need to eat. But, I'm not going to wear it at home or driving down the road by myself. I see people of all walks of life all by themselves either driving, walking their dog, sitting in the front yard, etc... and they're wearing a mask! What's the point there? Unless you are trying to subliminally convey a certain point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

The thing is, everyone is vulnerable. No matter the age, race, or sex. I am overjoyed that I can continue my general work schedule. I work alone 95% of the time. The 5% of the time I'm near anyone it's just to sign my paperwork and I get off of the property. If I must wear a mask to get into a grocery store, so be it. I need to eat. But, I'm not going to wear it at home or driving down the road by myself. I see people of all walks of life all by themselves either driving, walking their dog, sitting in the front yard, etc... and they're wearing a mask! What's the point there? Unless you are trying to subliminally convey a certain point.

Saw a woman jogging with a mask yesterday...that's just stupid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxfactor said:

Saw a woman jogging with a mask yesterday...that's just stupid.

Yet she'll go home and kiss or even better thing with her S.O.. That's why I call it a dog and pony show. 

5 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Everyone is vulnerable to be infected, but younger people for the most part do not suffer the dire consequences of the disease.  Many of the younger infected people are asymptomatic and if not for covid-19 testing would not even know they were infected.

1 minute ago, TBG 150 said:

Yet she'll go home and kiss or even better thing with her S.O.. That's why I call it a dog and pony show. 

She needs to show everyone how politically correct she is, or all the media hype has scared the hell out of her.