Nina & Kira (2020) Part #7

hs6127

11 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

The cats must be declawed.  Any cat catches a bird as such would rip the birds wing enough to stun it so it couldn't fly.   The girls didn't seem to alarmed by it.  

Negative, Ghostrider.  Both cats are fully armed, front and back.  You can see and HEAR this when they rake the shit out of the scratching post in the "living room" and many other places, back in the good old days.  Both Kira and Nina have been scratched quite a few times in the past, requiring quick first-aid (antiseptic & band-aids lol).  Besides, N&K are animal lovers, and animal lovers ABHOR the brutal and mutilating act of declawing a cat - they would never even consider it.  And you can probably tell I agree with them.  

However, it is interesting that they were disinterested that Butch got SO CLOSE to having Breakfast, but maybe he remembered a few nights ago when he whapped Kira's face, and how he was CHASTISED (catsized?) by Nina over that.  And if you've ever been chastised by Nina once, it's not something you want to experience again, believe me.  Hence, Butch let his Breakfast go.  He's got a good thing going here, no sense in fucking it up over a stupid bird.  

😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sturmchaser said:

Negative, Ghostrider.  Both cats are fully armed, front and back.  You can see and HEAR this when they rake the shit out of the scratching post in the "living room" and many other places, back in the good old days.  Both Kira and Nina have been scratched quite a few times in the past, requiring quick first-aid (antiseptic & band-aids lol).  Besides, N&K are animal lovers, and animal lovers ABHOR the brutal and mutilating act of declawing a cat - they would never even consider it.  And you can probably tell I agree with them.  

However, it is interesting that they were disinterested that Butch got SO CLOSE to having Breakfast, but maybe he remembered a few nights ago when he whapped Kira's face, and how he was CHASTISED (catsized?) by Nina over that.  And if you've ever been chastised by Nina once, it's not something you want to experience again, believe me.  Hence, Butch let his Breakfast go.  He's got a good thing going here, no sense in fucking it up over a stupid bird.  

😃

OK Thanks.  It's just a matter of time one of the birds will be chirping their last hurrah.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

OK Thanks.  It's just a matter of time one of the birds will be chirping their last hurrah.

I agree.  The one night (morning) N&K go out and forget to put them back in their cage... nothing but feathers when they come home.  😬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I think they got the birds as cat toys to help the cats lose weight by
chasing and running after them. :angel:

😄  I actually considered this at one point, well done, lets!  B&S are permanent indoor cats, and quite large kitties, and in need of exercise.  Hairball just wasn't working out for them (so to speak), so what's the next best thing?  LIVE TOYS!  And it seems to have worked, as B&S are always on the hunt.  The birds are pretty darn wily, though, I'll give them that.  

• Haha 3

The thing that gets me about the cats and the birds, is how CRUEL it is to the birds. 

Now I am no expert on whether birds have feelings or not, but it must be terrifying for them both, each and every time that the cats attack them.  What I do know is that birds can feel FEAR, it's all part of their inate instinct to survive.  Yet here they are in captivity.  Terrorised by their worst enemy.  Where ironically, the only really safe refuge is the smaller cage within the inescapable bounds of the apartment.  There is a significant reason why the birds perch on the heads of the girls, they know that the girls will protect them from their enemy, and it gives them a vantage point to see Butch and Sundance coming after them.

I know they are going to hate me for saying it, but the kindest thing to do is to give/sell the birds to someone else who has a cat free environment, where they can be safe.  Alternatively, they can secure the cats in another room (the bathroom) whilst the birds are in flight.  That would be easy enough to do.  If they do not then they genuinely do not care about the welfare of the birds, merely see them as toys.  Which is so very, very wrong... ☹️

OKAY!  I'll get off my soap box now.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

As for Kira's socks being dirty, well I think that has more to do with the floor being dirty than anything else.  As the floor is mostly tiled, I cannot recall seeing either of them getting a mop and bucket out and giving it a good scrub.  Bearing in mind the birds are not "potty" trained, I guess it can get quite dirty pretty soon.  Just saying!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

As for Kira's socks being dirty, well I think that has more to do with the floor being dirty than anything else.  As the floor is mostly tiled, I cannot recall seeing either of them getting a mop and bucket out and giving it a good scrub.  Bearing in mind the birds are not "potty" trained, I guess it can get quite dirty pretty soon.  Just saying!

In other words a bit of a shithole 😁 only half joking  🤭

32 minutes ago, Le5b0 said:

OKAY!  I'll get off my soap box now.

No need my friend, you always provide interesting perspectives the rest of us had not thought about.  Always get on your soapbox!  (an American term, if I recall...)

However... (and you knew there would be a 'however')...  I disagree it is cruel to the birds.  I think it is as just as much of a "game" for the BIRDS as it is for the cats.  Have you not watched how Breakfast and Lunch dive-bomb the cats, teasing and tormenting them every chance they get?  They love driving the cats crazy!  And the birds team up, it's like WWE tag team.  And yes of course they retreat to the safety of Nina or Kira, wouldn't you?  I sure would!  (I want Kira in my corner).  

I don't think there is anything cruel going on here.  The birds will always be safe.  Everyone will be entertained.  I personally just can't stand the TWEEEEEEEEEETS from the birds.  My computer speakers nearly explode!  I have to mute the volume.  FUck, I don't know how they stand it in that small apt.    

Luckily, I just have to deal with my cats being fascinated with my fish.  And it entertains them while I'm away.  

tank83.jpg.6084be53abc801602daaffa8fe2cf34d.jpg

• Like 2